• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Installing apps on a gabb phone Z2?

Search This thread

ZombieBaymax

Jul 26, 2021
OK so maybe the mygabb app is stopping you from getting in to developer options on the home screen hold the mygabb app and press app info and then press app permissions and denie the permission storage and try pressing it tell me if it works

Jun 25, 2021
OK so maybe the mygabb app is stopping you from getting in to developer options on the home screen hold the mygabb app and press app info and then press app permissions and denie the permission storage and try pressing it tell me if it works
While I don't have this problem yet, I would just like to say that this in theory is a good idea.

Jul 16, 2021
Where
app_disable_permission=com.android.chrome=false,com.android.contacts=false,com.google.android.apps.docs=false,com.google.android.apps.tachyon=false,com.android.email=false,zte.com.cn.filer=false,com.android.gallery3d=false,com.google.android.gm=false,com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox=false,com.google.android.apps.maps=false,com.google.android.apps.photos=false,com.google.android.videos=false,com.google.android.music=false,com.android.vending=false,com.google.android.youtube=false,com.android.deskclock=true,com.gabb.child=false
adb shell settings list system
what on earth!? they never actually fully removed some of the android apps!? They just disabled them 🤔
Where is this located and how did you get there? Can you edit the file?

Jul 16, 2021
I feel like there is totally a way to entirely convert the gabb system to a standard android system. Not sure how to find that sort of thing, though.

UnspeakableDud

Jul 27, 2021
As Irreversible said, where is the file found by herosilas? That could be key to installing apps if it's editable.

CalebGunner

Jul 18, 2021
adb install all of those and then try to open the play store 👍
Hey so I tired getting the play store on my freinds gabb phone(Mainly just the google services was the goal so we could get youtube and stuff). However, I wasnt very smart and tried installing it from APKmirror. This would be fine however, after the fact I think I matched the versions incorrectly because it didnt seem to work. So we tried removing it by going into settings and going to the storage managment and uninstalling it from there. However, we noticed that using this method does not allow you to reinstall that app later. I tried it when we tried reinstalling a newer version of an app that we had deleted, and it wouldnt let us do that. So after I found this, I tried installing these files, but it seems to be too late as it seems to me as if I am unable to get them to install. This was all about a week or 2 ago. I also want to mention that we also couldnt get 3rd party app stores to work, such as amazon and a couple of others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    also, I just claimed my free Gabb shirt, I'm gonna use it as a shooting target for bow and arrow practice it's perfect for it because it's bright yellow and it says GABB WIRELESS in big letters, helps me take out my rage lol.
    Also, if your phone is one of the newer ones, and this is the first update you've gotten, I think that I would encourage everyone that is able to, to go head and update. There is really no point delaying it if there is no way of stopping it. We will have to find a new way of exploiting this version!
    yeah because I'm working on a way to stop the updates because there going to update no matter what so any help would help!
    Hey, broskies, So based upon your posts, The phone does recognize the APKs on file when U click on them and move/copy them, however, you can't just open them cuz they say there is no app to open file (just to verify, I checked with a Drastic emulator APK this thing is Legit). And when you swipe up to find all the apps on your phone there is an option in the search bar to "Search for more APPS" but when you click on it it's like when you try to click on AUTOFILL it just doesn't work. I was just wondering, is there any way to just access the source code for the Phone and just (LIke this one poster doesn't remember his name showed us that Mygabb just disabled all the android apps and features) turn stuff on. Like in the movie Elysium and turn stuff into like for example, PLAY STORE=NO into like PLAY STORE=YES? Is there any way to just revert the thing to normal Android settings and just get rid of the pesky firewalls, or is there any way to break the firewall for a split second and just furiously tap autofill or search for more apps and get it to work? I did this with an android firewall on my tablet once wherein the split second to connect to Bluetooth the firewall would break and you could furiously tap disable in the settings and it would work (i got youtube that way BTW). I don't know if this is helpful or relatable at all and tbh I'm just this 14-year-old girl that knows barely anything abt programming so sorry if this is too movie but just wondering.
    That's actually exactly what I *almost* achieved.
    I was able to obtain a copy of the origanal Gabb OS and I started to reprogram it, and add a "hidden mode"
    Unfortunately, do to the recent "bomb cyclone" that hit us, my power went out and fried the poor old 1999 HDD that I was storing my work on :(
    No, i did not back it up as it was multiple gigabytes, and I just thought, "what could happen?"
    I am a dumbass.
    Anyway, I was able to get the hard drive working again, but the whole drive was completely corrupted and pretty much no data was recoverable.
    I will start the project up agian, but that does depend on if Gabb has patched ROM flashing. If they have, then that takes that option completely out, and there is no real sense working on it.
    Hello @jsolo112

Welcome to XDA! I hope you enjoyed your first two months on this private platform and that you always found this support and assistance you required. I'm even more grateful that you obviously like to share your experience with other XDA members!

However, first we certainly all would appreciate if you do so publicly and not via private channels because the spirit of XDA, to which you certainly agree, is about sharing of information, knowledge, experiences and expertise! What makes me additionally wondering that you changed your email within less than one month. How does this come?

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Hey! Thank you for your kind recognition!
    However, as ItsUnified said, this issue is kinda difficult, because every time we come up with something, it is patched, and we have to start all over again. I totally respect the spirit of the forum,. and would agree with you 100 % if it wasn't for the reason above. I created a new email so that I could coordinate these ideas with the Google services, because my current email provider, Proton Mail, does not have the equivalent of Google Docs or chat. Thank you so much for your time and moderation

If someone could send me an email I'd really appreciate it! [email protected]
    Gabb must have already figured it out because I just got a notification for a software update, but I'm hoping I can figure it out before the update goes through.
    Interesting... Everybody like this post if you're getting a similar notification
    I think this tutorial might work.
    I have an idea. Go into android recovery (power and volume up buttons) and select the wipe data/factory reset option. Just know your parent (might) have to enter the email address associated with the phone. I have never done that because I never had a reason to but just select that option and it may downgrade it.
    I think this tutorial might work.
    If this works let me know if someone tries it.
    I think our goal for now should be to get a package installer working
    I think GMS might be trying to self update which could be causing the crash