• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Installing apps on a gabb phone Z2?

Search This thread

Nature Grey

Jul 2, 2021
For y'all people having trouble with dev options and USB debugging to install apps, put an apk from your computer into the downloads folder on your phone. Now put other files in the downloads folder. Select a non apk file and click move. When in the "move" mode, you will see that the apk has an application icon on the front of it. All I'm saying is that the system detects apk files as applications. I will post a video later on how to this.

Reactions: HorusDaCat

SYNC_Fn

Aug 1, 2021
For y'all people having trouble with dev options and USB debugging to install apps, put an apk from your computer into the downloads folder on your phone. Now put other files in the downloads folder. Select a non apk file and click move. When in the "move" mode, you will see that the apk has an application icon on the front of it. All I'm saying is that the system detects apk files as applications. I will post a video later on how to this.
I see that but how to download?

Nature Grey

Jul 2, 2021
I have an idea. Go into android recovery (power and volume up buttons) and select the wipe data/factory reset option. Just know your parent (might) have to enter the email address associated with the phone. I have never done that because I never had a reason to but just select that option and it may downgrade it.

SYNC_Fn

Aug 1, 2021
I have an idea. Go into android recovery (power and volume up buttons) and select the wipe data/factory reset option. Just know your parent (might) have to enter the email address associated with the phone. I have never done that because I never had a reason to but just select that option and it may downgrade it.
I dont know if its worth especially since it "might" work

Nature Grey

Jul 2, 2021
The reason my ADB still works is because before the updates I uninstalled software updater and system updater. When y'all find another way to get apps be sure to uninstall both those system apps to prevent future updates

Nature Grey

Jul 2, 2021
You may have to perform a hard mod to get apps in which you will have to take apart the phone and maybe get going from there. I would look up a tutorial before you start taking it apart.

Iqlessmemes

Feb 21, 2021
West Jordan, Utah
youtube.com
I made a video about usb debugging on my YouTube channel (iqlessmemes) and if you make a video, just let me know, and I will pin it.

Nature Grey

Jul 2, 2021
I would try to take it apart and just see if you can find wires that are reconnectable and I would start playing with it. I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone. Do this at your own risk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this tutorial might work.
    Screenshot_20210820_214346[1].png
    i dont know if this can help but if found these
    Thinking of getting one of these for my daughter. Considering you guys can't manage to install anything I want to get it for her even more.
    Well we DID have it figured out and I have a few apps on it but Gabb recently updated the software and everyone was stupid enough to download it so we're figuring a new way to do it lol
    I understand this thread might be a bit aged. I was looking into getting a Gabb Z2 just for hackery and stuff. I am looking for any way to hack it in general. I had a thought; couldn't one just use Magisk and use that to root the device? It would be much easier than doing it yourself, wouldn't it?
    Also, couldn't one just install the GSI of whatever version of android the device is currently running?
    Not sure if people are still contributing but if you are I guess heres a quick little run down of what we learned.
    1. We found a way to install apps but then it got patched, and wasnt very effective in the first place.
    2. There is a way to run a standard android os but it wont have service and will be missing a couple features.
    3. They have patched the bugs for getting into developer mode and enabling usb debugging.
    4. What we really want to find out right now is how to enable usb debugging, and/or get a apk installer onto the phone.
    Alright, so I'm new here. Just came from iqlessmeme's video. I actually have a gabb phone given to me by my parents and I really want to crack it, as they won't let me buy my own. How's it going around here? Any way to enable USB debugging with the new update?
    I think this tutorial might work.
    I think our goal for now should be to get a package installer working
    I think GMS might be trying to self update which could be causing the crash
    Can someone create a phone edited image of it so I can get an answer?
    enjoy 👍