• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Installing apps on a gabb phone Z2?

Search This thread

JackPeterson4944

Aug 6, 2021
Alright, so I'm new here. Just came from iqlessmeme's video. I actually have a gabb phone given to me by my parents and I really want to crack it, as they won't let me buy my own. How's it going around here? Any way to enable USB debugging with the new update?

nou1273

Aug 6, 2021
Alright, so I'm new here. Just came from iqlessmeme's video. I actually have a gabb phone given to me by my parents and I really want to crack it, as they won't let me buy my own. How's it going around here? Any way to enable USB debugging with the new update?
Hi, also new here. I don't believe anyone has found a way to enable dev options with the update, but I will be looking.

Aug 5, 2021
Hey guys. I found some files on the gabb z2 in a folder called "com.gabb.child" Some of the files in this folder were added the same day I updated my phone. Do you think it is possible to delete these files and rollback the update?

skrapss

Aug 7, 2021
im new as well and i found that if you go onto privacy and then permissions management on the phone, then search google, you find that with the software updates it also updates the google play store. someone lmk if anything progresse

Attachments

• WIN_20210807_10_52_19_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210807_10_52_19_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
Reactions: HorusDaCat

Nature Grey

Jul 2, 2021
Hey guys. I found some files on the gabb z2 in a folder called "com.gabb.child" Some of the files in this folder were added the same day I updated my phone. Do you think it is possible to delete these files and rollback the update?
com.gabb.child is the package name for the My Gabb app. I uninstalled the software updaters before the update so I didn't receive the update but I will try to help find another way to get apps. Austin Grange is the one who found the USB debugging and adb so we can try to contact him to see if he can help out. His phone number is somewhere in this forum.

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
Hi! New here, I was wondering if anyone has tried intentionally soft bricking the phone by erasing the OS with something like SP flash? This might let you install a normal stock rom without gabbs software in it.

EDIT: Found a link to the stock rom to the normal model, hope it`s helpful:

Sadly not helpful to me, as I have the Z1 which is horribly undocumented as far as pretty much everything

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021
Where could I find that?
Hey guys! I'm new here. But, I've been reading through all ur guys posts, and I may be able to help u. I also have a gabb wireless Z2, and I hacked it. However, I installed the software update, and I'm now unable to install apps. The way I did it before, was going to webabd.com. You could force install a APK, and it was way more easy than the whole coding thing. Anyway, every since my first gabb phone I've been searching through all the settings. If you guys would like to look at the system apps, than set a settings widget of app info. It lets u look at evey app in the system. Also, on the privacy settings were you were originally able to get USB debugging, search up every letter. You can find every possible setting and maybe u guys can find what locked autofill. You can still get it, but we have to figure it out!

Lukebush0907

Jul 22, 2021
Hi everyone I used SP flash and install the stock ZTE blade A3 rom Once you do it it will be like a normal phone with Google Play store and other apps but the downside is it says IMEI number is unknown and you will have no service but you can use your phone on Wi-Fi only gabb also sent my parents an email saying that I hacked my phone so if you really want Play store either you have no service or you can only use your phone on Wi-Fi when doing this method

Aug 5, 2021
Hi everyone I used SP flash and install the stock ZTE blade A3 rom Once you do it it will be like a normal phone with Google Play store and other apps but the downside is it says IMEI number is unknown and you will have no service but you can use your phone on Wi-Fi only gabb also sent my parents an email saying that I hacked my phone so if you really want Play store either you have no service or you can only use your phone on Wi-Fi when doing this method
We should try to find a way to remove the software and keep the service lol

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
Is it perhaps possible to use something like metasploit to deliver a meterpreter payload to the phone, perhaps force-installing apps and overriding/removing gabbs software??
IDK if meterpreter has an android payload, but I`ll look into it.

EDIT: looks like it would require installing an infected app on the phone for it to work. :l which brings us back to square one, however reverse tcp might work without installing anything. (unless Im misunderstanding it lol)
Found this on github: https://github.com/rapid7/metasploit-framework/wiki/How-to-use-msfvenom
As well as the software I believe (?):
https://www.infosecmatter.com/metasploit-module-library/?mm=payload/android/meterpreter/reverse_tcp
I don`t have much time rn so i can`t really look into these too much, but I WILL come back to this!

EDIT #2: Did some more reasearch on this, and just about all meterpreter payloads are executed through an infected/generated APK file. :( Might be of interest if you already have the phone cracked, but otherwise pretty much useless. Im sorry, all of my ideas suck lol

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol, i love your profile pic! and yes, if we uncover any new methods of cracking the phone, ill post em up on XDA. We`re also looking into disabling the updater, that way nothing gets patched!
    You guys might want to rethink this, as it seems to be impossible. When in the permissions menu for the Software Update app, it does not allow alteration of any permissions, saying "Device requires this permission to operate." It also does not appear to be possible to force stop the app. I can post screenshots if needed.
    That's strange, Mr. Macphisto said that he was able to do it.....
    I'll talk to him about it, there really just cannot be any easy ways of doing anything on this phone!
    (it's almost like it was locked down lol)
    I think this tutorial might work.
    I have an idea. Go into android recovery (power and volume up buttons) and select the wipe data/factory reset option. Just know your parent (might) have to enter the email address associated with the phone. I have never done that because I never had a reason to but just select that option and it may downgrade it.
    I think our goal for now should be to get a package installer working
    I think GMS might be trying to self update which could be causing the crash
    Can someone create a phone edited image of it so I can get an answer?
    enjoy 👍