[CLOSED]Installing apps on a gabb phone Z2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

herosilas12

Apr 6, 2018
How did you get the "Unlock failed" error?

The only options are:

1. Reboot System Now
2. Enter Recovery
3. Reboot to bootloader
4. Power off
Mine has more options 🤔

* Reboot system now
* Reboot to bootloader
* Enter fastboot
* Apply update from ADB
* Apply update from SD card
* Wipe cache/factory reset
* Wipe cache partition
* Mount /system
* View Recovery Logs
* Run graphics test
* Run locale test
* Power off

I used Enter Fastboot -> (This bit is from the shell on my PC) fastboot flashing unlock
that's how I got the error

Reactions: jaswafford1211
Jun 25, 2021
Mine has more options 🤔

* Reboot system now
* Reboot to bootloader
* Enter fastboot
* Apply update from ADB
* Apply update from SD card
* Wipe cache/factory reset
* Wipe cache partition
* Mount /system
* View Recovery Logs
* Run graphics test
* Run locale test
* Power off

I used Enter Fastboot -> (This bit is from the shell on my PC) fastboot flashing unlock
that's how I got the error
I got those four options from Enter Fastboot.

Overall, the key here is to crack the bootloader. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can root the phone and add whatever you want.

This goal (crack the bootloader) needs to be everyone's goal.

Have you tried using ADB on your phone? With ADB you can unlock the bootloader with a few commands. The only problem is that I have not found how to turn on developer mode on the phone yet.

Jun 25, 2021
I am currently stuck around this part as well. I was able to reboot into recovery mode by holding the power and volume up button till the screen starts up. I attempted using adb debugging's install command (can be found here), but I ran into a "server client error", notifying me that the server client versions don't match up. I have no idea what that means. I will need to do some further research, but this is what I have so far to contribute to our "noble" cause.

P.S. I forgot to take screenshots of the errors (my bad), but I'll do some research on adb then try again and share the errors (hopefully no errors).
Did you figure out how to turn on developer mode? It may be the reason you got an error.

danerane41

Jun 30, 2021
You all are going to laugh at me but I contacted Gabb claiming my son (me) has figured out how to download apps onto the Gabb phone and the assistant lady was all supprised and was like can you send me a picture and so I was like my son is not letting me. Anyways she said she was going to escalate it with her supervisor so like that I know how to do it. Once I know how you all will be the second peoples to know!
dude you probaly just made everything a lot harder

danerane41

Jun 30, 2021
Well if you are reading this, look up how to watch youtube on gabb phone tutorial to learn how to transfer files. If you download an apk on computer, go to computer, press show in folder after downloading apk, copy the file, plug in the charging cord to the gabb and a pc usb, and press this pc in your files, gabb phone, downloads, and paste it. If you go into my files on your gabb, you can go to it but there is no package installer, and if you could download a software or something similar to a package installer, than you could download any app.
ive tried that it doesn work it will just say no app to run this

FatApe79

Jul 1, 2021
I don't think usin ADB will work although i will keep trying. I think the best option for most people will be to buy the exact model and use it interchangeably with the gabb phone.
The phone is about 60 bucks.

Ramen L1

Jun 21, 2021
I have found a way to get apps on a gabb phone. Have known since feb. Just so everyone knows I am 13. Ok. To start you want to head over to settings. Then head to privacy. Then go permission manager. Then you see a search bar icon. Click it. Then type Auto. Then scroll till you see Autofill with developer options under it. Then you can turn on developer options. Then you can turn on USB Debugging. Then you can use the ADB INSTALL to push apps to the phone. Use only

armeabi-v7a apk files.

Note, Package installer does not work.
Note, You can also unlock the bootloader.
Other side note, Photos are not in orderView attachment 5352253View attachment 5352255View attachment 5352257View attachment 5352261View attachment 5352263View attachment 5352267View attachment 5352269View attachment 5352273View attachment 5352275
I have found a way to get apps on a gabb phone. Have known since feb. Just so everyone knows I am 13. Ok. To start you want to head over to settings. Then head to privacy. Then go permission manager. Then you see a search bar icon. Click it. Then type Auto. Then scroll till you see Autofill with developer options under it. Then you can turn on developer options. Then you can turn on USB Debugging. Then you can use the ADB INSTALL to push apps to the phone. Use only

armeabi-v7a apk files.

Note, Package installer does not work.
Note, You can also unlock the bootloader.
Other side note, Photos are not in orderView attachment 5352253View attachment 5352255View attachment 5352257View attachment 5352261View attachment 5352263View attachment 5352267View attachment 5352269View attachment 5352273View attachment 5352275View attachment 5352277
Can you take a video of the screen so i can see how?

Reactions: bookreader164

herosilas12

Apr 6, 2018
I think now my goal is to get an APK installer set up and working on the phone so I don't need to use adb install <.apk>

I found google's package installer and installed that but it crashes when I open it (Maybe I have to install it as an admin or something?)
I am also working on getting the play store working and I am really close!!! I get Play services has stopped errors but it still takes me to the page with the "sign in" button (Not the page with the actually sign in btw)
Screenshot_20210701_213323.png
Screenshot_20210701_213408.png

bookreader164

May 26, 2021
there is an option in the recovery menu that says apply update from sd card. Don't know what this means. could this be used as means of getting apps?

Nature Grey

Jul 2, 2021
I have found something new but I don't think it would help that much. If you connect to a wifi network that asks for a login page, click sign in when it asks and after clicking it enough, it will bring you to a login page. It is using some kind of android web view and from there you could probably access things like youtube, Twitter, Instagram, and some things from there. But after a while the web view page would close on its own.

Nature Grey

Jul 2, 2021
I think now my goal is to get an APK installer set up and working on the phone so I don't need to use adb install <.apk>

I found google's package installer and installed that but it crashes when I open it (Maybe I have to install it as an admin or something?)
I am also working on getting the play store working and I am really close!!! I get Play services has stopped errors but it still takes me to the page with the "sign in" button (Not the page with the actually sign in btw)
View attachment 5352481View attachment 5352483
How did you get to this point?

bookreader164

May 26, 2021
I have found something new but I don't think it would help that much. If you connect to a wifi network that asks for a login page, click sign in when it asks and after clicking it enough, it will bring you to a login page. It is using some kind of android web view and from there you could probably access things like youtube, Twitter, Instagram, and some things from there. But after a while the web view page would close on its own.
I have noticed this in slightly different circumstances because when the phone is hard reset in the agree to terms of service page. If you click review FULL terms of service it will take you to the ZTE phones website where you can click links to their social media and youtube (and watch youtube!!) but the keyboard doesn't work. This is the only time that this works! once you leave that screen there is no other way to access the web browser. Other than the captive web portal that you speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts