[CLOSED]Installing apps on a gabb phone Z2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mr. Macphisto

Sep 15, 2021
Gilbert AZ
www.youtube.com
Something I don't understand, but it's probably really obvious. Forgive my lack of knowledge on android devices; I specialize in hacking my school computer.
If an apk is unpackaged, does it matter where it is unpackaged to? Like on a computer, if I manage to unpackage a .exe file or .msi file, there will be a sort of application file inside that I can click on for the program to start. Also on a computer, it doesn't matter where the unpackaged app is located. To use as an example, I downloaded Musescore 3.0 (a music composing app) and it was a .msi Windows Package Installer file. Once it was unpackaged, there was a .exe file inside that I could click on, and it didn't matter where on the computer the files were located as long as the apps were still grouped together in their relative original positions. Do apk's work the same way, in the sense that once the apk is unpackaged, we could unpackage it to a random folder on the Gabb file explorer?

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Approaching hell
I belive MSI files are different from EXE files, i`ve unzipped a few EXEs and there is not an executible in the executible lol (no offence), I`ve never actually tried to open an MSI before, but i know they`re Windows Installer Packages, which might just be an EXE wrapped in an MSI.

Here`s an opened APK file that i got off a random website:
1631835611815.png

There doesnt seem to be a way to run it just from unpacking it :( It would be very nice if there was tho lol

For comparison, here`s an opened EXE file:
1631835761887.png

Similarly, there isn`t a way just to run it unzipped.
it contains code recognized by windows as an executable file, so the OS runs it as such.

I`m sorry, idk how to explain it simply, but long story short; no, it needs to install via Package Installer. :(

Hope this was more or less clear!

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Approaching hell
So guys, guys, i just had an idea,
what if we got our collective hands on a copy of the Z2 firmware that came out BEFORE the patch??
Would we be able to flash that onto the phone and have the dev settings work again??
I`m trying to find a copy quick, bc I wouldn`t be suprised if gabb keeps an eye on threads like this

EDIT: Had to do some google dorking but I found what looks like the V1.0.0 firmware for the Z2!
I don`t have a Z2 to try flashing this on, but if you want to try yourself, Ill link it here
don`t quite trust the website 100%, but the firmware looks legit. 883mb and I keep having to restart the download lol

{Mod edit: Link removed. The linked website is not accepted as filehost on XDA. - Oswald Boelcke}

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Macphisto

Sep 15, 2021
Gilbert AZ
www.youtube.com
So guys, guys, i just had an idea,
what if we got our collective hands on a copy of the Z2 firmware that came out BEFORE the patch??
Would we be able to flash that onto the phone and have the dev settings work again??
I`m trying to find a copy quick, bc I wouldn`t be suprised if gabb keeps an eye on threads like this

EDIT: Had to do some google dorking but I found what looks like the V1.0.0 firmware for the Z2!
I don`t have a Z2 to try flashing this on, but if you want to try yourself, Ill link it here
don`t quite trust the website 100%, but the firmware looks legit. 883mb and I keep having to restart the download lol
I have a Z2 right here, how do I flash it?
It took a bit (Stupid reCaptcha) but I did get the firmware

Last edited by a moderator:

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Approaching hell
(Had to rewrite this twice now, bc wrong info lol, Also, be sure to write down phone numbers, and back stuff up bc this will wipe everything if you do it right!)

Oh, and I`m not responsible if your phone gets bricked, or anything like that, tho if you do this right, that shouldn`t happen! (EDIT: IF it does, let me know and ill try to help)

EDIT #2: You MAY want to take your SIM card out, just in case.
(instructions from here, just trying to make em simpler)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-
You`ll need sp flash tool (fairly pretty sure that`ll work). I have a copy and I`ll attach it since I cant remember were I got it, and dont feel like looking.

Also, the drivers, I`ll attach those as well, pretty sure they`ll work for the Z2 (I hope lol), if not, just uninstall em, and let me know.
Oh, yes, AND the MediaTek drivers as well lol, ill attach those.
(you`ll need to unzip and install them)

OKAY!
First unzip the firmware to somewere you`ll remember.
Then you`ll need to unzip the SP_Flash_Tool file, then open "flash_tool.exe"
you should see a gui like this:
1631858690846.png

Now click on the browse button on "Scatter-loading File"
Go to the place you unzipped the firmware, you`re looking for "MT6761_Android_scatter.txt"
When you find it, double click it. The gui should look like this:
1631858953771.png

Be sure to UNCHECK "preloader" (at the top) bc it will probably brick your phone
Then, click the Download button.
Now, turn off your phone, and take out the battery.
plug it into your computer with a usb cable, and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN keys
(this is different on some phones, if nothing happens, try POWER and VOLUME UP keys)

At this point, if all goes well, SP Flash should start flashing the firmware onto the phone.
It will probly take a while, so kick back and watch some youtube or something idk.
Once its done, you should see this:
1631860038486.jpeg

Close the program, and eject your phone.
Put the battery back in, and restart it.
If all went well, your phone should be like normal, but without the update that patched USB Debugging!

BTW, if the process fails, or it gets stuck at downloading 100% or shows a yellow bar, or red bar at 100%, then don’t panic. Just close everything, switch off your phone, and try again.

If something else went wrong, or your phone is stuck on the black ZTE screen, tell me and ill uhhh.... Try to help!
Hopefully ive made this somewhat simple, im goin to bed now lol

Attachments

• SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1824_Win.zip
    53.7 MB · Views: 30
  • ZTE_Android_Driver.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 42

Mr. Macphisto

Sep 15, 2021
Gilbert AZ
www.youtube.com
My computer wouldn't let me install the ZTE_Android_Driver. When I tried flashing the phone, the red bar filled to 100% the four times I tried it. I assume I need the drivers. Is there a way you can send or upload some already installed ones? Also, It doesn't look like the Android_VCOM_Driver.zip has an installable file in it.

Last edited:

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Approaching hell
oh, god, the VCOM drivers are raw drivers lmao. i didn`t see that. *facepalm*

EDIT: the files ive attached should replace the VCOM drivers, those are the wrong ones as it turns out!
I`m not sure why the ZTE drivers aren`t working... Do you have admin privlages on your PC? That would be my best guess as to why they`re not installing.

BTW, I cant rly be online all the time, so if you want to txt me, my number is: lªUJ’½·°ÊTÐÒ€ßlÀ and I should be able to get back to you sooner!

Attachments

• qualcomm_driver.zip
    11 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

ryujin88

Sep 19, 2021
Hello everyone I installed the drivers succesfully and I was FINALLY able to download the rom without having to restrt the download lol. but I am reciving a error when flashing it to my gabb z2. I recive the download bar as red and at 100 percent completed. any help would be appereciated

ImFrost

Sep 19, 2021
(Had to rewrite this twice now, bc wrong info lol, Also, be sure to write down phone numbers, and back stuff up bc this will wipe everything if you do it right!)

Oh, and I`m not responsible if your phone gets bricked, or anything like that, tho if you do this right, that shouldn`t happen! (EDIT: IF it does, let me know and ill try to help)

You`ll need sp flash tool (fairly pretty sure that`ll work). I have a copy and I`ll attach it since I cant remember were I got it, and dont feel like looking.

Also, the drivers, I`ll attach those as well, pretty sure they`ll work for the Z2 (I hope lol), if not, just uninstall em, and let me know.

OKAY!
View attachment 5411751
Go to the place you unzipped the firmware, you`re looking for "MT6761_Android_scatter.txt"
View attachment 5411753
Be sure to UNCHECK "preloader" (at the top) bc it will probably brick your phone
plug it into your computer with a usb cable, and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN keys
(this is different on some phones, if nothing happens, try POWER and VOLUME UP keys)

At this point, if all goes well, SP Flash should start flashing the firmware onto the phone.
It will probly take a while, so kick back and watch some youtube or something idk.
View attachment 5411759
If all went well, your phone should be like normal, but without the update that patched USB Debugging!

BTW, if the process fails, or it gets stuck at downloading 100% or shows a yellow bar, or red bar at 100%, then don’t panic. Just close everything, switch off your phone, and try again.

If something else went wrong, or your phone is stuck on the black ZTE screen, tell me and ill uhhh.... Try to help!
Could you make a youtube tutorial on this? I'm still a tad worried i'll **** something up

ImFrost

Sep 19, 2021

OKAY!
View attachment 5411751
View attachment 5411753

View attachment 5411759

The problem is when I select the file, the only checked thing is the preloader, and I cant check anything. I can unchech the preloader tho
1632092572777.png

ImFrost

Sep 19, 2021

OKAY!
View attachment 5411751
View attachment 5411753

View attachment 5411759

Now the bar gets stuck at 100 and the screen stays black
1632092984193.png

Mr. Macphisto

Sep 15, 2021
Gilbert AZ
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone I installed the drivers succesfully and I was FINALLY able to download the rom without having to restrt the download lol. but I am reciving a error when flashing it to my gabb z2. I recive the download bar as red and at 100 percent completed. any help would be appereciated
If you were able to install the drivers and it still didn't work then we have a problem. We may need to look into sideloading the firmware as iqlessmemes suggested

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Approaching hell
Could be more stuff at gabbs end, or its possible you need usb debugging enabled to do this :(
only thing i can think of (other than sideloading) would be to format all of gabbs stuff off of there.

But I would want to try that myself before actully posting and saying it works! (dont try, I`d feel bad if your phone got bricked)

A few things you could try, just last resort pretty much;
- Try putting the battery back into the phone, then flash it WITH the battery in
- Try ticking the "preloader" option in SP Flash. (Not reccomended, will probably format your phone)

EDIT: You guys might have to explain how to sideload OSs onto the phone, I cant find anything on it, but ill keep looking!

EDIT #2: Legit, 2 seconds after edit #1 i foud a tutorial lol
It says you need TWRP tho

EDIT #3: Yeah, I cant find anything that doesnt use TWRP or USB Debugging, short of softbicking your phone intentionally, if there IS a way, im not the guy to ask about it :L

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021
We should try and legit hack the phone, like not just installing the software on the phone, like hacking it from a laptop to get this to work. We should also try to open the apps on a PC and then put them on a phone to see if they will work.

Mr. Macphisto

Sep 15, 2021
Gilbert AZ
www.youtube.com
We should try and legit hack the phone, like not just installing the software on the phone, like hacking it from a laptop to get this to work. We should also try to open the apps on a PC and then put them on a phone to see if they will work.
Sir, installing software on the phone is PRECISELY what hacking is...
And you use a labtop to do it...
And if it was as simple as opening the apps on a PC and downloading them on the phone we wouldn't still be here trying to figure this out.

There are some VERY SMART people working on this project. If you have a VERY SMART idea, feel free to share it. If you managed to find a magic labtop that can hack a phone without doing anything to it (like you suggested doing) then by all means, feel free to share it with us. Otherwise, please just be patient.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts