• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Installing EU rom on Chinese version?

Search This thread

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
One seller told me that they were sending a chinese phone with the global rom and another one told me that it was the chinese rom but that they gave me an easy process to add google apps.

pyap

Aug 8, 2009
One seller told me that they were sending a chinese phone with the global rom and another one told me that it was the chinese rom but that they gave me an easy process to add google apps.

There is a global ROM version of this phone. And I believe there are less issues than the CN ROM for non-China users.

I have a CN ROM version and I've removed all the bloatware and installed Google apps.. but it's still not the same as a pure global ROM.

There are many small differences that cannot be fixed so easily with the CN version. Such as the Google Assistant can't be accessed with the long press home button. Also, some of the apps still show the Chinese version even when downloaded in English.

I would suggest spending a bit more and home straight for the global ROM.

Denis_Raev

Oct 3, 2017
CN > Global

I wonder if this is possible? If so, then it will be possible to take the Chinese version. And if all the same, Realme protected the system so that it is impossible to do? All the same, the device is distributed in different countries.