installing Google play service on EMUI 12

Search This thread

mati84

Feb 25, 2022
Hi gulls.
I have a huawei P40 Pro. It has recently updated to EMUI 12, and I would like the google service to be installed. However, when I use googlefier for this purpose it installs everything, but when I go to users and accounts/add accounts/google it stays for a little while and then it goes off. I know a method to get these installed without having to downgrade to EMUI 10.0. Any help? Kindest regards.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
t.me
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi gulls.
I have a huawei P40 Pro. It has recently updated to EMUI 12, and I would like the google service to be installed. However, when I use googlefier for this purpose it installs everything, but when I go to users and accounts/add accounts/google it stays for a little while and then it goes off. I know a method to get these installed without having to downgrade to EMUI 10.0. Any help? Kindest regards.
No.

gnilow

Aug 1, 2011
Hi,

I manage to move from EMUI 12 to EMUI 11 with HSUITE.
Trying to get it down to EMUI 10 to install Google. Looking at firm finder, i'm a little confused.

I know my region is C636R4, but there's a few selections. in Firm Finder V2 there's C636E7R5P1 and C636E8R4P1 - see pic below. What's the difference and does it matter?
In firm finder only, https://professorjtj.github.io/ there's so many selections after putting in ELS-N29 and C636.

What's the difference between V2 and without V2? and all the different firm ware numbers for C636R4?

Regards,
Thanks.
gnilow

firmware.png

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
t.me
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi,

I manage to move from EMUI 12 to EMUI 11 with HSUITE.
Trying to get it down to EMUI 10 to install Google. Looking at firm finder, i'm a little confused.

I know my region is C636R4, but there's a few selections. in Firm Finder V2 there's C636E7R5P1 and C636E8R4P1 - see pic below. What's the difference and does it matter?
In firm finder only, https://professorjtj.github.io/ there's so many selections after putting in ELS-N29 and C636.
On https://professorjtj.github.io/ , you will select this:
C636 R4.png

gnilow

Aug 1, 2011
Nothing is random. You have to know exactly what you have to chose based on your experience.
Thanks.

Some things are clearing up. Can you confirm if I'm correct for C636R4
Preload PKG can only be this - ELS-N29-PRELOAD 10.1.0.1(C636R4)
Cust Package: ELS-N29-CUST 10.1.0.8(C636) or ELS-N29-CUST 10.1.0.7(C636), so choose latest one?
Base Package: there's a few. Why pick 10.1.0.134?
from v2, it seems to indicate that the combination works for base package 10.1.0.182 and 10.1.0.158

Apologies if i'm bombarding too many questions.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
t.me
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
Thanks.

Cust Package: ELS-N29-CUST 10.1.0.8(C636) or ELS-N29-CUST 10.1.0.7(C636), so choose latest one?
from v2, it seems to indicate that the combination works for base package 10.1.0.182 and 10.1.0.158

You can find many other things on my thread:

Reactions: gnilow

Seamie

Nov 16, 2016
I installed gms on a p40 Pro on emui 12 using Huagu2. The whole process took about 5 minutes to do and is really easy to follow.

On my personal account not everything is working, no or delayed push notifications and obviously no Gpay but I've managed to get all my other important apps working including 2 banking apps and one required push notifications.

If you are looking to use a workspace account I struggled to get my work account signed in and when I did I got play protect errors after just a few hours

Hope this helps you

enderffx

Sep 16, 2011
@Seamie
Tried the same today on a P40 Pro with latest EMUI 12, but i got 2 Problems:
The step with "activate Google Service Assistant" opens up GSA but it only shows an error in chinese and then goes back unlike in the video.
Ignoring that i continued and That MicroG indeed installs a Google account manage and lets me log in but the account is gone as soon as i uninstall.
THEN Google play shows the login button and nothing happens if i press it.
If i repeat and leave MicroG installed pressing the Play login button lets me login but then complains that the account is already installed on this device.

Clueless, can you help me out?

Ender

Seamie

Nov 16, 2016
After my last post I was talking to someone and I now think the reason I was able to get gms working was because I had Googlefier installed on emui10 before upgrading to 12.

I did have the same issue with my account disappearing when trying to get my work account added. I did resolve it but I can't remember how right now. I'll have a think and update you if I can remember

Reactions: enderffx

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
t.me
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
@Seamie
The step with "activate Google Service Assistant" opens up GSA but it only shows an error in chinese and then goes back unlike in the video.
Ignoring that i continued and That MicroG indeed installs a Google account manage and lets me log in but the account is gone as soon as i uninstall.
If i repeat and leave MicroG installed pressing the Play login button lets me login but then complains that the account is already installed on this device.

Ender
On EMUI 10.1 only can be installed GMS.

• Wow
Reactions: enderffx and Seamie

enderffx

Sep 16, 2011
@badmania98
well the video claims to actually only work for Harmony 2.0, so that is yet another story. Some in the YT comments also talk of succeeding with EMUI 12.x but of course we do not know their history of googlifier...
The phone i got surely never was googlified so i guess i wait if @Seamie got an additional idea and if not i start the downgrade path to 10.1.

Ender

Reactions: badmania98

enderffx

Sep 16, 2011
Okay i did exactly that: rolled back, "googlified" and now back on latest 12.
Got some trouble with play protect, solutions i tried seem only to fix it for a short while but right now its working :)
Ender

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi gulls.
    No.
    Thanks.

You can find many other things on my thread:
    After my last post I was talking to someone and I now think the reason I was able to get gms working was because I had Googlefier installed on emui10 before upgrading to 12.

I did have the same issue with my account disappearing when trying to get my work account added. I did resolve it but I can't remember how right now. I'll have a think and update you if I can remember
    @Seamie

Ender
    @badmania98
    well the video claims to actually only work for Harmony 2.0, so that is yet another story. Some in the YT comments also talk of succeeding with EMUI 12.x but of course we do not know their history of googlifier...
    The phone i got surely never was googlified so i guess i wait if @Seamie got an additional idea and if not i start the downgrade path to 10.1.

Ender