Installing HSPL via SD card? Is there a way?

Search This thread

gasanpride

Apr 27, 2008
Minnesota
I have a HD2 with defective USB port – phone still able to charge but nothing going on if plug to my laptop. I have Windows on it and was able to install Android SD ROM on it – so no issue with SD ROM via Haret booting.

I want to install NAND ROM on it via MAGLDR or CLK but need to install HSPL first. Since I have defective port, I won’t be able to install HSPL 2.08 via USB.

So question to the group – Is there a way to install HSPL 2.08 via SD card?

Last edited:

acryn

Jun 20, 2010
lipa city
fslclan.team-forum.net
bricked hd2

I have a HD2 with defective USB port – phone still able to charge but nothing going on if plug to my laptop. I have Windows on it and was able to install Android SD ROM on it – so no issue with SD ROM via Haret booting.

I want to install NAND ROM on it via MAGLDR or CLK but need to install HSPL first. Since I have defective port, I won’t be able to install HSPL 2.08 via USB.

So question to the group – Is there a way to install HSPL 2.08 via SD card?
same problem with me bricked usb port i update my hd2 to stock rom then update error for a while how to fix this please help
SS-B3
SPL-2.10.0000 8G XE
MicroP(LED)
MicroP(TOUCH) 0x50

that was appeared on bootloader any idea fpr help thanks in advance

kokotas

Oct 23, 2007
Athens
Why don't you fix the usb port and make your life easier? Is it because you can't find spare parts or something else?

Anyways, regarding the main question I often wondered if flashing HSPL via SD card was possible... and the only way I would think of was GoldCard method.
Use a low capacity sd card to write the GoldCard.img to, place the HSPL (LEOIMG.nbh) on the root and flash it through tricolor screen..
To me, it sounds more or less right in theory, but never tried it.

Regards!

Reactions: NYLimited

kokotas

Oct 23, 2007
Athens
where would you find a leoimg.nbh of hspl?
I have it if needed, but generally a user that already has HSPL installed and runs Windows Mobile can dump it using itsutilsbin
Code:
pmemdump 0x8ff00000 0x80000 hspl.nb
and then use NBHImageTool to create the LEOIMG.nbh.

Regards!

Last edited:

NYLimited

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Im really amazed that if its so easily done, how come it hasn't been done a long time ago, , tons of people have been begging for an sd flashable hspl since 2010.

Probably because nobody ever asked Kokotas or one of the other half a dozen or so people who would have known this answer. And, just to clarify, I had no clue either. :)

---
Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

kokotas

Oct 23, 2007
Athens
Im really amazed that if its so easily done, how come it hasn't been done a long time ago, , tons of people have been begging for an sd flashable hspl since 2010.
Probably because nobody ever asked Kokotas or one of the other half a dozen or so people who would have known this answer. And, just to clarify, I had no clue either. :)
Hi guys,

I really don't know if it would work... I only shared my thoughts. And before that, I suggested the most logical thing: fix the usb port;)
Just because I described it in a sentence it doesn't mean that it's something easy. At least I didn't say it in such a way.
If something is easy, that is probably the part of getting the HSPL in nbh format. I could even attach it here (but because I have not tested it and people tend to mess things up first and ask questions later, I'd better not).
Code:
[EDIT1]
Ok, here is [URL="https://copy.com/yVKIi47MKUpm"]hspl.rar[/URL]. It contains the [B][U]dump[/U][/B] of hspl 2.08 and 3.03.
[U]It is not flashable![/U] Needs to be [I]converted[/I] to nbh format before any flashing happens.
[/EDIT1]
The not so easy part is to buy_revskills_psas, create_the_Goldcard & flash_HSPL_via_SDCard based ONLY on some stranger's (me) theory...:)
Code:
[EDIT2]
Ok, if you check samsamuel's next post, it seems that getting the goldcard.img is easy(&free) if you know the card's CID.
Writing that img to your card could probably be done by following [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=17247902&postcount=2"]certain steps[/URL].
I can't stress enough that the hspl files and/or this theory are not tested!
So don't do anything that you will regret!
[/EDIT2]

Regards!

Last edited:

shanman-2

Nov 18, 2011
Cork
That would be great. But I am already unbranded! Would it still work?
It would be nice to be able to repartition with magldr tho'.. .
Then all would be possible without a PC, nearly.
Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

pavlos46

Oct 30, 2010
ioannina
Hello kokotas,

I have one of those HD2s with a damaged usb port with stock 3.14 wp6.5 loaded so wanted to try get hspl3.03 with clk 1.5 on it.
Could you please post the hspl3.nbh file so to create goldcard.

Thanks
Pavlos

the_ziom

Nov 8, 2012
can somebody post already done hspl2.08.nbh file? I made goldcard, but I cant do this :crying:

i know its a bit late but i have found a hspl.nbh file as im interested in this as well
Code:
HSPL:
http://androidforum.tytung.com/download/file.php?id=41

but i think the bigest problem will be the RADIO because i dont think there is a way of flashing it without usb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I really don't know if it would work... I only shared my thoughts. And before that, I suggested the most logical thing: fix the usb port;)
    Just because I described it in a sentence it doesn't mean that it's something easy. At least I didn't say it in such a way.
    If something is easy, that is probably the part of getting the HSPL in nbh format. I could even attach it here (but because I have not tested it and people tend to mess things up first and ask questions later, I'd better not).
    Code:
    [EDIT1]
    Ok, here is [URL="https://copy.com/yVKIi47MKUpm"]hspl.rar[/URL]. It contains the [B][U]dump[/U][/B] of hspl 2.08 and 3.03.
    [U]It is not flashable![/U] Needs to be [I]converted[/I] to nbh format before any flashing happens.
    [/EDIT1]
    The not so easy part is to buy_revskills_psas, create_the_Goldcard & flash_HSPL_via_SDCard based ONLY on some stranger's (me) theory...:)
    Code:
    [EDIT2]
    Ok, if you check samsamuel's next post, it seems that getting the goldcard.img is easy(&free) if you know the card's CID.
    Writing that img to your card could probably be done by following [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=17247902&postcount=2"]certain steps[/URL].
    I can't stress enough that the hspl files and/or this theory are not tested!
    So don't do anything that you will regret!
    [/EDIT2]

Regards!

Regards!

psssst http://samsamuel.co.uk/hosted/leogoldcard.php
    Why don't you fix the usb port and make your life easier? Is it because you can't find spare parts or something else?

Anyways, regarding the main question I often wondered if flashing HSPL via SD card was possible... and the only way I would think of was GoldCard method.
    Use a low capacity sd card to write the GoldCard.img to, place the HSPL (LEOIMG.nbh) on the root and flash it through tricolor screen..
    To me, it sounds more or less right in theory, but never tried it.

Regards!
    Use a low capacity sd card to write the GoldCard.img to, place the HSPL (LEOIMG.nbh) on the root

where would you find a leoimg.nbh of hspl?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone