How To Guide Installing OneUI 4 Beta / Android 12 on US Galaxy Z Fold 3 F926U/1

Search This thread

Hero_is_Over

Nov 5, 2012
Updated with more compatible adb link!

This is what I did to get the new beta. Feel free to tell me how dumb I am for allowing noobies to try the beta, but the more the merrier and they should know the risks....

RISKS: Phone may not be as stable as before and you will lose all your apps and data. Camera is bugged for me

1. BACK UP YOUR CURRENT BUILD USING SMART SWITCH. THIS WILL WIPE DALVIK/CACHE/DATA. Get SmartSwitch for PC HERE

2. Download Samsung Drivers for ADB/ODIN HERE

3. If you are on firmware ending in AUI5 for the CSC version XAA then skip to step #6 . If you are not, then download the respective firmware HERE

Also Download Patched ODIN (Patched version will be less scrutinous) HERE

4. Unzip the firmware you just downloaded as well as the Patched Odin. Run ODIN and add the BL, AP, CP, Home_CSC from the unzipped firmware to the corresponding locations in ODIN

5. Turn off phone and boot into "Download Mode" by first holding Volume +/- buttons and then hold the Power button. Now plug in your phone to your PC and you will see the first small grey square in the upper left side of ODIN turn light blue (if it does not, you have issues with either the cable or drivers).

Proceed in flashing the device by simply clicking the "Start" button.

Once it is done and your phone has rebooted... Make sure that you complete the setup process just in case of authentication issues if the phone isn't already set up

6. Download the OneUI 4 Beta HERE and then follow the guide to install adb https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

7. Follow the XDA adb install guide and make sure to allow adb systemwide when asked by the program.

8. Turn off phone. Boot into device by holding Volume Up and then holding Power. This will take you into recovery mode, where you will see the option to "update via ADB sideload".

Use the volume down key to navigate down to that option and press power to initiate the adb sideload function

9. Open command prompt by pressing the Windows key and typing "cmd" (no quotes) and press ENTER.

10. Type into the command prompt (of course remove the quotes) "adb sideload C:\path\to\your\oneui4\zip\file" . For example if I download that file into my Downloads folder, I would then type "adb sideload C:\Users\MyPC\Downloads\949981470b3948c3aa05a19e8a2edbd3.zip"

Last edited:

shadi90

Apr 9, 2019
Bro I have SM-F926B, I downloaded the correct CSC but can't install the beta, I got a message on smd says can't read. Any help please?

Hero_is_Over

Nov 5, 2012
Bro I have SM-F926B, I downloaded the correct CSC but can't install the beta, I got a message on smd says can't read. Any help please?
This is for US Fold 3 models f926U/1. Sorry brotha. Basically you need to change the beta file you downloaded to this http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net...48:16&px-unum=&px-nb=UGtezEZ854jbmFcvWGxLEA== as well as flash AUJ7 firmware first. I hear UK with CSC BTE works fine. Get it at https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-F926B/BTE/F926BXXU1AUJ7 . After you replaced those files, just follow the instructions again

mha1021

Feb 25, 2011
Parsippany, NJ
Thanks for this Guide. But i have issue with Adb sideload update.zip
I downgrade to AUI5 and been using XAA firmware since i bought T-mobile Zfold3.
And since beta was released, I'd been trying to register for OneUI4 in Samsung Memeber app but No Banner or under rBenefit tab.
So saw your guide here and tried to followed your direction but adb sideload fails i get CANNOT READ message.
when i typed adb Devices it shows my device so adb is working but cannot sideload.
when i downloaded the update it was .bin 949981470b3948c3aa05a19e8a2edbd3.bin so i renamed it to .zip, i got the CANNOT READ message then renamed it to update.zip still the same Cannot Read.
I am using windows 11.

Reactions: erneyone

zimgir124

Thanks for this Guide. But i have issue with Adb sideload update.zip
I downgrade to AUI5 and been using XAA firmware since i bought T-mobile Zfold3.
And since beta was released, I'd been trying to register for OneUI4 in Samsung Memeber app but No Banner or under rBenefit tab.
So saw your guide here and tried to followed your direction but adb sideload fails i get CANNOT READ message.
when i typed adb Devices it shows my device so adb is working but cannot sideload.
when i downloaded the update it was .bin 949981470b3948c3aa05a19e8a2edbd3.bin so i renamed it to .zip, i got the CANNOT READ message then renamed it to update.zip still the same Cannot Read.
I am using windows 11.
Don't rename the file.

What I always do with adb related stuff is put it in the root of my C drive. So it would be
Code:
C:\adb\platform-tools\

Then put the .bin file in here as well.

After that open cmd and do
Code:
 cd C:\adb\platform-tools\
and hit enter.

After that do adb sideload 94 and hit tab so it should autofill the name of the update file.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

AlexMartin00

Oct 11, 2014
Thanks for the instructions as they worked for me. I did receive an error before it finished at "(~94%) adb: failed to read command: No error". Phone booted and the system is showing One UI version 4.0, Android Version 12.

QUESTION though. What is up with the difference in Baseband version? I am seeing the official release having the last 2 digits of "JF" but on the phone just flashed, it is showing "JH".

For reference, complete Baseband version: F929U1UEU1ZUJH after flashing. Might just be my ignorance but thought I would ask.

Thoughts? And thank you again!

Last edited:

zimgir124

Thanks for the instructions as they worked for me. I did receive an error before it finished at "(~94%) adb: failed to read command: No error". Phone booted and the system is showing One UI version 4.0, Android Version 12.

QUESTION though. What is up with the difference in Baseband version? I am seeing the official release having the last 2 digits of "JF" but on the phone just flashed, it is showing "JH".

For reference, complete Baseband version: F929U1UEU1ZUJH after flashing. Might just be my ignorance but thought I would ask.

Thoughts? And thank you again!
The baseband is just something that gets updated, so ZUJH is the Android 12 beta firmware. Every time you update your firmware the baseband gets updated as well.

More technical: Baseband is firmware that controls all radio devices on the phone, including GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, cellular data, and more.

This is what I did to get the new beta. Feel free to tell me how dumb I am for allowing noobies to try the beta, but the more the merrier and they should know the risks....

RISKS: Phone may not be as stable as before and you will lose all your apps and data. Camera is bugged for me

1. BACK UP YOUR CURRENT BUILD USING SMART SWITCH. THIS WILL WIPE DALVIK/CACHE/DATA. Get SmartSwitch for PC HERE

2. Download Samsung Drivers for ADB/ODIN HERE

3. If you are on firmware ending in AUI5 for the CSC version XAA then skip to step #6 . If you are not, then download the respective firmware HERE

Also Download Patched ODIN (Patched version will be less scrutinous) HERE

4. Unzip the firmware you just downloaded as well as the Patched Odin. Run ODIN and add the BL, AP, CP, Home_CSC from the unzipped firmware to the corresponding locations in ODIN

5. Turn off phone and boot into "Download Mode" by first holding Volume +/- buttons and then hold the Power button. Now plug in your phone to your PC and you will see the first small grey square in the upper left side of ODIN turn light blue (if it does not, you have issues with either the cable or drivers).

Proceed in flashing the device by simply clicking the "Start" button.

Once it is done and your phone has rebooted... Make sure that you complete the setup process just in case of authentication issues if the phone isn't already set up

6. Download the OneUI 4 Beta HERE and then download the "15 Second ADB Installer" HERE

7. Install the 15 second adb installer and make sure to allow adb systemwide when asked by the program.

8. Turn off phone. Boot into device by holding Volume Up and then holding Power. This will take you into recovery mode, where you will see the option to "update via ADB sideload".

Use the volume down key to navigate down to that option and press power to initiate the adb sideload function

9. Open command prompt by pressing the Windows key and typing "cmd" (no quotes) and press ENTER.

10. Type into the command prompt (of course remove the quotes) "adb sideload C:\path\to\your\oneui4\zip\file" . For example if I download that file into my Downloads folder, I would then type "adb sideload C:\Users\MyPC\Downloads\949981470b3948c3aa05a19e8a2edbd3.zip"
hi I'm getting a status 1 error with my sideload

ElGuyarc

Nov 11, 2021
I keep getting cannot read '949981470b3948c3aa05a19e8a2edbd3.bin and I do have the file on my ADB folder which is on the C drive i don't know if it matter but I'm using a windows 11 laptop

t3ch187

Oct 4, 2017
Is there a mirror for the beta download anywhere? It looks like the link isn't working for me.

I keep getting cannot read '949981470b3948c3aa05a19e8a2edbd3.bin and I do have the file on my ADB folder which is on the C drive i don't know if it matter but I'm using a windows 11 laptop
was getting the cannot read error too.. the problem is the outdated adb version installed from the 15 second adb link in the op

download this:

Reactions: ElGuyarc

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
I updated my SM-F926U1 with the Beta 4 its really buggy for me
Just want to get my facts straight. Can I just flash back to non-beta ?
What will happen to my Beta status will I still be able to OTA update when the next beta comes out ?

Hero_is_Over

Nov 5, 2012
I have updated this with the newer adb binary install guide. I use the latest binaries from Android Studio and add them to path manually so I didnt know the 15 second installer was that outdated

Also yes you can downgrade by flashing the AUI5 that I posted in the guide

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
I have updated this with the newer adb binary install guide. I use the latest binaries from Android Studio and add them to path manually so I didnt know the 15 second installer was that outdated

Is it a good idea to wipe my data when doing an downgrade like this ?

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007

I thought you can't flash a previous version of Android once you're on the higher version?

Top Liked Posts