• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Installing OneUI 4 Beta / Android 12 on US Galaxy Z Fold 3 F926U/1

Search This thread

gcounts

Jul 24, 2009
I've found all three betas stable enough for dd. 60hz refresh rate issues, battery life, and other reported issues didn't really hinder my usage.

Reactions: cecoq and EMJI79

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
This question makes me feel like a total n00b, but when I click the link another tab flashes open and then closes. I'm not having much luck downloading this for when my device arrives tomorrow.
I had the same problems trying to open in windows but when i opened the link with my phone it downloaded the file no problems

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael in ATL

ickna11

Aug 27, 2011
Reactions: Michael in ATL

TheRussianBen

Aug 31, 2018
Thank you so much for this guide, it worked perfectly. I guess I missed the window to officially sign up for the beta program.

Does the beta include any Material You theming? I haven't noticed any but was wondering if there is some setting I need to turn on to use it.

Also, I bought my phone unlocked from Samsung and use it on Verizon. Having sideloaded this beta, will the official Android 12 update be pushed to me through OTA or will I need to flash my phone with the update to start receiving OTA updates again?

This is for US Fold 3 models f926U/1. Sorry brotha. Basically you need to change the beta file you downloaded to this http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net/firmware/INU/SM-F926B/nspx/cb9fbd13294b441aa85428c3b3b62303.bin?px-time=61ce8b93&px-hash=3605b362f7c18da5c8c91878a90df003&px-wid=1345717-WSA211101044816&px-wctime=2021-11-01 04:48:16&px-unum=&px-nb=UGtezEZ854jbmFcvWGxLEA== as well as flash AUJ7 firmware first. I hear UK with CSC BTE works fine. Get it at https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-F926B/BTE/F926BXXU1AUJ7 . After you replaced those files, just follow the instructions again

zimgir124

Thank you so much for this guide, it worked perfectly. I guess I missed the window to officially sign up for the beta program.

Does the beta include any Material You theming? I haven't noticed any but was wondering if there is some setting I need to turn on to use it.

Also, I bought my phone unlocked from Samsung and use it on Verizon. Having sideloaded this beta, will the official Android 12 update be pushed to me through OTA or will I need to flash my phone with the update to start receiving OTA updates again?
You will most likely need to flash the update when its released to start getting OTAs again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok so as an FYI for those of you that flashed the U1 software onto your Verizon branded device in order to participate in the beta. in order to get back to official Verizon software and up to official 12 I did these steps.

1. I did a factory reset on the phone. (back up using smartswitch for PC or however you prefer to back up)
    2. I flashed the UJ6 firmware located here. (once this completed it failed to boot but then booted to recovery so that I could factory reset and it booted after that)
    3. I personally skipped through setup so that I could just download the official 12 update through settings.
    4. After performing update to 12 I did another factory data reset and then proceeded to set phone back up.
    5. Restore from backup that you made previous to step 1.
    I hope this helps someone I know that I was happy that this process worked.
    If I'm correct you will need to downgrade
    It happened fairly quickly for me, I am on Verizon so maybe that might make a difference.
    I got it right when I put a verzion sim in and then after that I took it out after it updated no issuee
    it worked for me as well.. i was trying to capture the FW but no luck
    Updated with more compatible adb link!

This is what I did to get the new beta. Feel free to tell me how dumb I am for allowing noobies to try the beta, but the more the merrier and they should know the risks....

RISKS: Phone may not be as stable as before and you will lose all your apps and data. Camera is bugged for me

1. BACK UP YOUR CURRENT BUILD USING SMART SWITCH. THIS WILL WIPE DALVIK/CACHE/DATA. Get SmartSwitch for PC HERE

2. Download Samsung Drivers for ADB/ODIN HERE

3. If you are on firmware ending in AUI5 for the CSC version XAA then skip to step #6 . If you are not, then download the respective firmware HERE

Also Download Patched ODIN (Patched version will be less scrutinous) HERE

4. Unzip the firmware you just downloaded as well as the Patched Odin. Run ODIN and add the BL, AP, CP, Home_CSC from the unzipped firmware to the corresponding locations in ODIN

5. Turn off phone and boot into "Download Mode" by first holding Volume +/- buttons and then hold the Power button. Now plug in your phone to your PC and you will see the first small grey square in the upper left side of ODIN turn light blue (if it does not, you have issues with either the cable or drivers).

Proceed in flashing the device by simply clicking the "Start" button.

Once it is done and your phone has rebooted... Make sure that you complete the setup process just in case of authentication issues if the phone isn't already set up

6. Download the OneUI 4 Beta HERE and then follow the guide to install adb https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

7. Follow the XDA adb install guide and make sure to allow adb systemwide when asked by the program.

8. Turn off phone. Boot into device by holding Volume Up and then holding Power. This will take you into recovery mode, where you will see the option to "update via ADB sideload".

Use the volume down key to navigate down to that option and press power to initiate the adb sideload function

9. Open command prompt by pressing the Windows key and typing "cmd" (no quotes) and press ENTER.

10. Type into the command prompt (of course remove the quotes) "adb sideload C:\path\to\your\oneui4\zip\file" . For example if I download that file into my Downloads folder, I would then type "adb sideload C:\Users\MyPC\Downloads\949981470b3948c3aa05a19e8a2edbd3.zip"
    Beta 3 dropped ZUKA -> ZUKJ

Z Fold3 US Unlocked

http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net:80/firmware/TMB/SM-F926U1/nspx/aa9c125f0ead436c9db1cbf4a80eeff2.bin?px-time=61ef7655&px-hash=81dc7034209ba5844f16c8299d988292&px-wid=5050010-WSA211126040227&px-wctime=2021-11-26 04:02:27&px-unum=&px-nb=UGtezEZ854jbmFcvWGxLEA==

Screenshot_20211125-212023_Software update.png
    does anyone have links for new Beta 2?
    Confirmed, thanks a bunch! I sent my half, and in the future if we get more betas is it possible for you to grab the links for those as well?
    Awesome man, I'm gonna send you something, thanks
    Thanks

I sent you something as well. On to beta 3
    Thanks everyone. I'll try to remember to snag the next Beta OTA link