• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Installing Pokemon GO on Memu failed

Search This thread

MithosX7

Jul 11, 2016
Hi there,

I am trying to install Pokemon GO on Memu 2.7.2 from the website apk mirror (can't link it cuz I don't have enough posts)

Every app is easily installed however Pokemon GO fails to install without giving me any reason why.

Has anyone encountered the same problem and has a possible fix?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Flippiej

Jun 15, 2014
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 9 Pro
Same problem here. Haven't found a fix for it yet. The apk worked fine on mobile so that's not the problem.

We'll probably have to wait till it's downloadable through the playstore.

Dresden_

Dec 8, 2014
There's actually a Lollipop version now.

I was able to install it from the Play Store, but it still force closes after I launch it.

Edit: I actually got it working. I just had to set up Google Play Games. It's working great now!

I installed the lollipop version and installed Play Games, and it still force closes the app upon startup. Was there anything else you had to do to get it to work?

trickinit

Aug 1, 2007
I installed the lollipop version and installed Play Games, and it still force closes the app upon startup. Was there anything else you had to do to get it to work?

Did you open Play Games and make sure you're signed in? That's all I did. Which version of Pokemon Go are you using? I have 0.29.2 which was released today.

Dresden_

Dec 8, 2014
Did you open Play Games and make sure you're signed in? That's all I did. Which version of Pokemon Go are you using? I have 0.29.2 which was released today.

Yeah, I installed Play Games, signed into my account, and clicked around on a few things to be sure I was signed in correctly. Then I just I installed the game from the Play Store, which I would assume is the most up to date version.

Edit: Just verified - it's 0.29.2

Double edit: I opened Play Games, navigated to "My Games" or whatever, and opened the game from inside Play games, and it worked. Wont work if I try to open it from the home screen though.

Last edited:

frozenthorn

Sep 10, 2012
having same problem but going though play games didnt fix it for me. Running the latest memu beta, game installs from play store, run game from play games and still crashing. Thoughts?