• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Installing TWRP and Root for Samsung Galaxy A51 with VIDEO!!!

Search This thread

azteria2000

Feb 19, 2017
Surabaya

Hello guys
I wanna share guides how to installing TWRP and Root your Galaxy A51 device.
Note: Your Phone must be Unlock Bootloader, and Enable (turn on) oem unlocking + enable (turn on) usb debugging in developer option.
Please make backup data first, because it will format data and erase file on your smartphone.

Tutorial how to Unlock Bootloader Samsung Galaxy A51 Click here
Link download >> Click here

Instaling TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy A51

1. Turn off the phone
2. Pres and hold vol up + vol down, and connect usb cable to PC / laptop
3. Entering download mode
4. Open odin in your PC/ laptop, klik AP, choose file recovery disabler vb meta.tar, uncheck auto reboot in option.
5. Click start, untill get it pass text
6. Disconnect usb cable
7. Press and hold power + vol down, when screen off, press and hold power + vol up, when Samsung logo appeared, release power, keep hold vol up, entering twrp recovery
8. Wipe >> format data >> yes >> enter
9. Reboot recovery
10. Entering twrp, flash multidisabler >> transfer file from pc/ laptop or using USB OTG / SD Card
11. Wipe >> format data >> reboot recovery
12. Flash Magisk (optional for root) + flash DisableDM-Verity_ForceEncrypt >> transfer file from pc/ laptop or using USB OTG / SD Card
13. Reboot system
14. ± 5 minute booting
15. Entering welcome screen
16. Done

Credit to:
@ianmacd for TWRP
@erfanoabdi
@phhusson
@topjohnwu
@redymedan

Last edited:

antuanix46

Sep 22, 2017
If I follow the steps and flash recovery 'disabler vb meta.tar' file I get an message:
'Only official release binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY)

Additionally I can not find the file twrp-a51-3.5.0_10-1_ianmacd.tar being refered to in the video

In the files provided there is a twrp-a51-3.5.0_10-4_ianmacd.img

Any clue please?

Reactions: hacker812c
/sdcard or /data/media/0/ for some reason doesn't seem to show the correct contents of the "Internal Storage" at TWRP, it instead shows folders with random names. Is this a bug with TWRP? Or is the /sdcard partition corrupted from the Format Data when installing Magisk?? I did manage to install Magisk and got my phone back to a working state with root, but TWRP not showing the correct contents of /sdcard can cause me confusion + will not let me do a backup anyways

Last edited:

azteria2000

Feb 19, 2017
Surabaya
/sdcard or /data/media/0/ for some reasons doesn't seem to show the correct contents of the "Internal Storage" at TWRP, it instead shows folders with random names. Is this a bug with TWRP? Or is the /sdcard partition corrupted from the Format Data when installing Magisk?? I did manage to install Magisk and got my phone back to a working state with root, but TWRP not showing the correct contents of /sdcard can cause me confusion + will not let me do a backup anywEncry

/sdcard or /data/media/0/ for some reasons doesn't seem to show the correct contents of the "Internal Storage" at TWRP, it instead shows folders with random names. Is this a bug with TWRP? Or is the /sdcard partition corrupted from the Format Data when installing Magisk?? I did manage to install Magisk and got my phone back to a working state with root, but TWRP not showing the correct contents of /sdcard can cause me confusion + will not let me do a backup anyways
Encrypted need to format data and reboot recovery twrp

Elo13

Sep 19, 2021
Hi, I think I messed up the key combo from step 7 and now my phone is stuck at Stuck on bootloop and can't be turned off. how should I proceed. ( I tried multiple key combos, the only response I get is when I hold down (the power key + vol down) then I am only restarting the phone to the same warning.

azteria2000

Feb 19, 2017
Surabaya
Hi, I think I messed up the key combo from step 7 and now my phone is stuck at Stuck on bootloop and can't be turned off. how should I proceed. ( I tried multiple key combos, the only response I get is when I hold down (the power key + vol down) then I am only restarting the phone to the same warning.
When the phone start off (reboot) and Samsung logo appear, you can just hold the vol up and enter to twrp recovery

Reactions: Elo13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When the phone start off (reboot) and Samsung logo appear, you can just hold the vol up and enter to twrp recovery

Hello guys
    I wanna share guides how to installing TWRP and Root your Galaxy A51 device.
    Note: Your Phone must be Unlock Bootloader, and Enable (turn on) oem unlocking + enable (turn on) usb debugging in developer option.
    Please make backup data first, because it will format data and erase file on your smartphone.

Tutorial how to Unlock Bootloader Samsung Galaxy A51 Click here
    Link download >> Click here

Instaling TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy A51

1. Turn off the phone
    2. Pres and hold vol up + vol down, and connect usb cable to PC / laptop
    3. Entering download mode
    4. Open odin in your PC/ laptop, klik AP, choose file recovery disabler vb meta.tar, uncheck auto reboot in option.
    5. Click start, untill get it pass text
    6. Disconnect usb cable
    7. Press and hold power + vol down, when screen off, press and hold power + vol up, when Samsung logo appeared, release power, keep hold vol up, entering twrp recovery
    8. Wipe >> format data >> yes >> enter
    9. Reboot recovery
    10. Entering twrp, flash multidisabler >> transfer file from pc/ laptop or using USB OTG / SD Card
    11. Wipe >> format data >> reboot recovery
    12. Flash Magisk (optional for root) + flash DisableDM-Verity_ForceEncrypt >> transfer file from pc/ laptop or using USB OTG / SD Card
    13. Reboot system
    14. ± 5 minute booting
    15. Entering welcome screen
    16. Done

Credit to:
    @ianmacd for TWRP
    @erfanoabdi
    @phhusson
    @topjohnwu
    @redymedan
    Good Jobs Bro.. Liked!
    Worked like a charm! Thank you so much!