Installing TWRP and Root for Samsung Galaxy A51 with VIDEO!!!

Search This thread

Gravydigger

Sep 23, 2021
Australia
I am also getting the same issue. I've unchecked "Auto Restart" in Oden, downloaded the TWRP from the website, and flashed it as AP in Odin. I press Vol down + power, then Vol up + power then it screen blanks, then just vol up when the logo appears. However, TWRP recovery mode never appears no matter how long I hold power up.

Gravydigger

Sep 23, 2021
Australia
can you tell me the exact steps you followed?
I can try.

I used this forum post to help me as well, but to summerise:
  1. Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
  2. Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
  3. Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
  4. Flashing Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar as AP in ODIN, then click start.
  5. TWRP is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
  6. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Don’t remove USB Cable, let it connected. Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.

Some things to consider that I had issue with:
After trying several types of firmware, I found that twrp-a51-3.5.0_10-1_ianmacd.tar worked for me (its on this forum post).
Make sure that it doesn't auto-reboot. For some reason, despite having that option unticked it would still auto reboot for me.
In the video that I watched, the cable was removed once the phone was flashed. DO NOT DO THIS. Keep it connected the whole time.
It seems like in the video you posted, you did the button presses correctly, but I'd recommend holding the Volume Up key when the Samsung Logo appears for a bit longer (10-15 second). if it doesn't appear after that time it your have to retry.

When it does finally work, you can just upload the files you need to the phone via the computer through the cable. Don't be like me who spent hours trying to format an SD card with EXT4 and put the files on it on a windows computer.

Best of luck on your flashing attempt!

ernsto49

Jan 13, 2022
Hi, can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? (see photo)

This happened after flashing twrp-a51-3.5.0_10-1_ianmacd.tar with Odin. - Unfortunately I am not quite sure, if I have screwed up with pressing the key combination or if it has to do with the version of firmware which I had flashed a few weeks ago.

BTW: I let the battery drain, but the problem persists when it gets charged again.

A51-2.jpg A51-SW-Info.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? (see photo)

This happened after flashing twrp-a51-3.5.0_10-1_ianmacd.tar with Odin. - Unfortunately I am not quite sure, if I have screwed up with pressing the key combination or if it has to do with the version of firmware which I had flashed a few weeks ago.

BTW: I let the battery drain, but the problem persists when it gets charged again.

View attachment 5507397 View attachment 5507399
Did you following the video correctly?

ernsto49

Jan 13, 2022
Did you following the video correctly?
I think I did follow the video correctly, I have watched it several times and made notes before I started. Meanwhile I have tried if it is still accessible with Odin, but it isn't. It is still sitting on my desk until I know what to do with it. I have Galaxy S6 which flashed with Lineage Os a while ago...

I think I did follow the video correctly, I have watched it several times and made notes before I started. Meanwhile I have tried if it is still accessible with Odin, but it isn't. It is still sitting on my desk until I know what to do with it. I have Galaxy S6 which flashed with Lineage Os a while ago...
Please join to this group Telegram
Mod edit: TG link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger50

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Please join to this group Telegram

Greetings. Just a friendly reminder that TG links are only permitted to be posted in the OP of a development project as per XDA's Telegram Chat Rules. As well as the excerpt
from XDA Rule #5:
5. Create a thread topic or post a message only once, this includes external links & streaming media.
As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer.
  • You can bump your unanswered question once every 24 hours
  • Duplicate threads and posts will be removed
  • Always post in an existing thread if a topic already exists, before creating a new thread.
  • Use our search function to find the best forum for your device.
  • Links to an external source are only allowed if relevant to the topic in hand. A description must be included, no copy & pasting from the original source.
  • Self-promotion is forbidden, this includes blogs, social media and video channels etc. Random links will be removed.
Thank you for your cooperation, and have a pleasant day.

-Regards: Badger50 FSM

Crazygamerjk

May 17, 2022
i accidentally checked auto-reboot and now my phone is stuck in a splash screen. Cant seem to boot into downloadmode or recovery, can anyone please help me?
What do you exactly mean with splash screen. But here a tip. Let the power of your phone run out. press and hold volume down + volume up buttons. Then you plug in your usb cable wich is connected to your pc. It schould enter download mode then.
Hope that helps.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
I have a bricked, Galaxy A51, One UI Version is 4.1, Android version is 12, Product Name – SM-A515F.

Prior to bricking, In download mode, OEM LOCK – OFF (U), FRP LOCK – OFF, KG STATE – Checking Current Binary – Samsung Official

Using Odin version Odin3-v3.14.1; I have ran through the installation process of the TWRP recovery procedure and received a pass in Odin that all the TWRP recoveries below I have tried have installed at each time so have in essence Installed.

(Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar, TWRP-11-3.6.0-a51-20220210-1636.tar, TWRP-11-3.6.1-a51-20220228-2050.tar, TWRP-11-3.6.1-a51-20220321-1406-hotfix.tar, TWRP-11-3.6.2-a51-20220602-0515.tar, twrp-a51-3.5.0_10-1_ianmacd.tar)

Post TWRP installation, if I leave the cable plugged into the phone after the pass in Odin. On pressing the correct sequence of power and up/down volume buttons it does not boot into recovery it just shows a recharge sign on the phones screen and stays there, nothing else happens after like fifteen minutes.

If I unplug the cable in the phone from the laptop post TWRP installation and on pressing the correct sequence of power and up/down volume buttons. Like now I am stuck in a boot loop session, have been for twelve hours now. From the Samsung Logo warning that I have unofficial recovery software installed on the phone to a message that the phones boot loader has been unlocked and the world will fall in. Then the phone switches itself off for one second and the boot loop returns.

The phone does switch itself off for one second until then it switches itself back on and continues this frustrating boot loop session, actually as I write the battery has just failed and the phone is now power dead.

When the phone switches itself off for one second, I can press both +/- volume buttons and connect to the laptop to open the phone up in its download mode; it still states in download mode that the phone is OEM LOCK – OFF (U), FRP LOCK – OFF, KG STATE – Checking Current Binary – Samsung Official

The TWRP recoveries I have installed are,

Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar, TWRP-11-3.6.0-a51-20220210-1636.tar, TWRP-11-3.6.1-a51-20220228-2050.tar, TWRP-11-3.6.1-a51-20220321-1406-hotfix.tar, TWRP-11-3.6.2-a51-20220602-0515.tar, twrp-a51-3.5.0_10-1_ianmacd.tar.

They all installed fine with a pass in Odin, but I was unable to open the phone up in recovery by following the correct sequence of power and up/down volume buttons.
Is the phone bricked for good?

If it is will I need to install the official stock ROM. I have no idea which stock Rom to download and install. If this is the case could someone be kind enough to post me a link to where I can down load the correct stock ROM to down load and install via Odin.

Thanks for reading and any help received.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Here’s an update,

I have now reverted back to Stock Rom and I find it impossible to boot into Stock Recoveries.

I have owned this phone over eighteen months and have never before tried to boot into recoveries.

I have tried every method available online, power and volume up button, power and volume down button, power and volume up button while ear phones are plugged in the same with a USB cable plugged in.

But I can still boot into download mode though.

So this might be the reason why I could not root and install TWRP as the phone itself will not boot into recovery. What to do, I have no idea.

When in down load mode.

OEM LOCK – OFF (U), FRP LOCK – OFF, KG STATE – PRENORMAL Current Binary – Samsung Official
So now I have reverted back to KG STATE – PRENORMAL, and the phone is showing no OEM unlock in developer options.

But on boot the phone is still warning me that the boot loader has been unlocked.

I downloaded stock ROM, and extracted these files.

AP_A5 BL_A515FXXU5FVE2_CL23686045_QB51779782_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
BL_A515FXXU5FVE2_CL23686045_QB51779782_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
CP_A515FXXU5FVD1_CP21942801_CL23686045_QB50597459_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
CSC_OJM_A515FOJM5FVE1_CL23686045_QB51677768_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5

They all installed fine in Odin and I received a pass. The phone booted and is working fine.

But I cannot boot into stock recovery.

My only perquisites I have not tried are I have not yet gone through the sequence to get OEM unlock showing in developer options. I am also not connected to any networks and have no sim card in the phone.

So anyone not able to root and install TWRP, maybe your phone itself will not boot into recovery in stock ROM.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

CaptainWinsEmAll

Sep 1, 2022

Hello guys
I wanna share guides how to installing TWRP and Root your Galaxy A51 device.
Note: Your Phone must be Unlock Bootloader, and Enable (turn on) oem unlocking + enable (turn on) usb debugging in developer option.
Please make backup data first, because it will format data and erase file on your smartphone.

Tutorial how to Unlock Bootloader Samsung Galaxy A51 Click here
Link download >> Click here

Instaling TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy A51

1. Turn off the phone
2. Pres and hold vol up + vol down, and connect usb cable to PC / laptop
3. Entering download mode
4. Open odin in your PC/ laptop, klik AP, choose file recovery disabler vb meta.tar, uncheck auto reboot in option.
5. Click start, untill get it pass text
6. Disconnect usb cable
7. Press and hold power + vol down, when screen off, press and hold power + vol up, when Samsung logo appeared, release power, keep hold vol up, entering twrp recovery
8. Wipe >> format data >> yes >> enter
9. Reboot recovery
10. Entering twrp, flash multidisabler >> transfer file from pc/ laptop or using USB OTG / SD Card
11. Wipe >> format data >> reboot recovery
12. Flash Magisk (optional for root) + flash DisableDM-Verity_ForceEncrypt >> transfer file from pc/ laptop or using USB OTG / SD Card
13. Reboot system
14. ± 5 minute booting
15. Entering welcome screen
16. Done

Credit to:
@ianmacd for TWRP
@erfanoabdi
@phhusson
@topjohnwu
@redymedan
the twrp file link is broken does anyone have the twrp file for the tracfone variant
sm-s515dl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello guys
    I wanna share guides how to installing TWRP and Root your Galaxy A51 device.
    Note: Your Phone must be Unlock Bootloader, and Enable (turn on) oem unlocking + enable (turn on) usb debugging in developer option.
    Please make backup data first, because it will format data and erase file on your smartphone.

Tutorial how to Unlock Bootloader Samsung Galaxy A51 Click here
    Link download >> Click here

Instaling TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy A51

1. Turn off the phone
    2. Pres and hold vol up + vol down, and connect usb cable to PC / laptop
    3. Entering download mode
    4. Open odin in your PC/ laptop, klik AP, choose file recovery disabler vb meta.tar, uncheck auto reboot in option.
    5. Click start, untill get it pass text
    6. Disconnect usb cable
    7. Press and hold power + vol down, when screen off, press and hold power + vol up, when Samsung logo appeared, release power, keep hold vol up, entering twrp recovery
    8. Wipe >> format data >> yes >> enter
    9. Reboot recovery
    10. Entering twrp, flash multidisabler >> transfer file from pc/ laptop or using USB OTG / SD Card
    11. Wipe >> format data >> reboot recovery
    12. Flash Magisk (optional for root) + flash DisableDM-Verity_ForceEncrypt >> transfer file from pc/ laptop or using USB OTG / SD Card
    13. Reboot system
    14. ± 5 minute booting
    15. Entering welcome screen
    16. Done

Credit to:
    @ianmacd for TWRP
    @erfanoabdi
    @phhusson
    @topjohnwu
    @redymedan
    Good Jobs Bro.. Liked!
    Worked like a charm! Thank you so much!