• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Installing twrp or magisk doesnt work

Search This thread

Sparklingtube

Feb 7, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Hi, so I wanted to install root and I first tried to install twrp but that didnt work, after i tried to install root in the magisk app itself and that didnt work too, heres the log:
- Device platform: armeabi-v7a
- Installing: 23.0 (23000)
! Installation failed
- Copying image to cache
- Unpacking boot image
Parsing boot image: [/data/user_de/0/com.topjohnwu.magisk/install/boot.img]
! Unsupported/Unknown image format
! Installation failed

Does anyone know why this is happening? Please help me I want to install root.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
One of the most common ways is to patch a stock boot.img.

Place boot.img in sdcard. Open magisk app. Select "install magisk". Select "patch boot image" then, " let's go". Patched boot image will be in download folder. Put it on your pc and rename to just magisk_patched.img Boot into fastboot mode. "fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img". Then reboot.

I don't know what phone you have but this is the way lots of phones achieve root.

Sparklingtube

Feb 7, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
One of the most common ways is to patch a stock boot.img.

Place boot.img in sdcard. Open magisk app. Select "install magisk". Select "patch boot image" then, " let's go". Patched boot image will be in download folder. Put it on your pc and rename to just magisk_patched.img Boot into fastboot mode. "fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img". Then reboot.

I don't know what phone you have but this is the way lots of phones achieve root.
Well I can't go on my laptop and where do I get my ****ing boot image from