• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Installing twrp or magisk doesnt work

Search This thread

Sparklingtube

Feb 7, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Hi, so I wanted to install root and I first tried to install twrp but that didnt work, after i tried to install root in the magisk app itself and that didnt work too, heres the log:
- Device platform: armeabi-v7a
- Installing: 23.0 (23000)
! Installation failed
- Copying image to cache
- Unpacking boot image
Parsing boot image: [/data/user_de/0/com.topjohnwu.magisk/install/boot.img]
! Unsupported/Unknown image format
! Installation failed

Does anyone know why this is happening? Please help me I want to install root.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
One of the most common ways is to patch a stock boot.img.

Place boot.img in sdcard. Open magisk app. Select "install magisk". Select "patch boot image" then, " let's go". Patched boot image will be in download folder. Put it on your pc and rename to just magisk_patched.img Boot into fastboot mode. "fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img". Then reboot.

I don't know what phone you have but this is the way lots of phones achieve root.

Sparklingtube

Feb 7, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
One of the most common ways is to patch a stock boot.img.

Place boot.img in sdcard. Open magisk app. Select "install magisk". Select "patch boot image" then, " let's go". Patched boot image will be in download folder. Put it on your pc and rename to just magisk_patched.img Boot into fastboot mode. "fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img". Then reboot.

I don't know what phone you have but this is the way lots of phones achieve root.
Well I can't go on my laptop and where do I get my ****ing boot image from