Installing Xposed on Fire TV 2 (Guide)

Search This thread

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
How to install Xposed on Amazon Fire TV 2 (Guide)

PLEASE READ
As per normal I will not take responsibility if you do something wrong or brick your fire TV 2, you need to be already Rooted & running a custom recovery/rom If you don't know how to do this or not sure. Do Not Use until you have those running!

(I did not make these I'm just helping out some of the forum members who don't know how to install Xposed on the Fire Tv2 please go to the Xposed thread & leave thanks if using Xposed thank you)

First download my zip with all files attached or use my Mediafire mirror link below

Steps -

1) Copy your 5.0.4 (or latest stable version) zip file on your external micro SD card (skip this step if already on a rbox custom rom & have twrp recovery & move to step5)
2) Launch Recovery
3) Now hit Install, Select Storage and choose Micro SDCard, and flash your 5.0.4 ROM (or latest version),
4) Reboot, then complete the usual first time steps to get to the main menu.
5) Check ADB Debbuging and Unknown Applications as usual on the Developer Options section.
6) Download v80 SDK 22 ARM64 zip
7) Push the file to the AFTV2 into any folders you like (I use download or the main directory).
8) Launch recovery again and flash the zip file, after that reboot.
9) Download and Install Xposed Installer
10) Download and Install HDX
11) Open the Xposed Installer, then select framework & see if Xposed is active?
12) Go to modules & activate HDX
13) Reboot to get HDX working
14) Enjoy Xposed on Fire Tv2!

You should now have a working Xposed Framework on Your AFTV2

My all in 1 download zip is at the bottom in the attachments section on this page

Or you can use my Mediafire Mirror link which also has my All in One Xposed Zip or single file downloads-
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/gsvf792qilga9/AFTV2_Xposed_Files

Or If having trouble you can also use the links here to download the files manually one by one.

Manual downloads -
v80 SDK 22 ARM64 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
Xposed Installer Alpha 4 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
HDX http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2618158

But please leave thanks in the threads above If you download any from there.

& If this thread helps please press that thanks button

Last edited:

Pat1981

Nov 10, 2005
How to install Xposed on Amazon Fire TV 2 (Guide)[/

1) Copy your 5.0.4 (or latest stable version) zip file on your external micro SD card (skip this step if already on a rbox custom rom & have twrp recovery & move to step5)

2) Launch Recovery

3) Now hit Install, Select Storage and choose Micro SDCard, and flash your 5.0.4 ROM (or latest version),

5) Check ADB Debbuging and Unknown Applications as usual on the Developer Options section.

7) Push both files to the FTV to any folders you like (I use download or the main directory).

8) Launch recovery again and flash both files, after that reboot.

11) Reboot to get HDX working

12) Make sure the modules are activated & reboot if need.

13) Enjoy Xposed on Fire

If having trouble you can also use the links to download the files -

Xposed Installer Alpha 4 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

7) Both files ??? Have only 1 zip sdk22

Tryed it.. Flashed play store, error 976 during install from an app

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

goodhur

Dec 4, 2013
Read the title, this is not how to install the playstore it's how to install xposed

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Thanks I was just coming to see if xposed could be installed on the aftv2. I also am interested in the play store. Has there been any success installing it properly with xposed support like the first gen. I have tried installing as system apps only to have the store force close, no location services and Google services need to be updated errors.

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
Thanks I was just coming to see if xposed could be installed on the aftv2. I also am interested in the play store. Has there been any success installing it properly with xposed support like the first gen. I have tried installing as system apps only to have the store force close, no location services and Google services need to be updated errors.

Yes this version of Xposed can be installed on the AFTV2 , the playstore is a bugger To get working, I myself have a Play store that opens but won't let you download anything it just throws a error code at you (976 error), not as good compared to the gen 1 so I've read.

In your Xposed guide you wrote from two files but where is the second?

Ah MY BAD! Thank you for noticing that, most of my threads are done on my phone late at night so some spelling mistakes happen or I miss something (but not too often Haha). I've corrected it now cheers

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
I cant able to make HDX to work. I tried and booted many times no luck.
Help Pls
Did you do the steps in the right order? Did you do all the reboots required?
Did you apply the hdx to be turned on in the module settings via the xposed app?
Try all these or if not uninstall & repeat the steps one by one as instructed.

Hope this helps If so press that thanks button

go2xraj

Apr 29, 2011
Did you do the steps in the right order? Did you do all the reboots required?
Did you apply the hdx to be turned on in the module settings via the xposed app?
Try all these or if not uninstall & repeat the steps one by one as instructed.

Hope this helps If so press that thanks button

I tried everything but no luck.
My frame work is not installed I am not getting su access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
I tried everything but no luck.
My frame work is not installed I am not getting su access.

Have you accepted the root prompt to tick on screen when you rooted? If the framework isn't installed you didn't flash the zip in recovery yet? Or did you do something to break su? (Like downgrading your recovery & break su?) If so start again & reflash your rom or contact rbox he maybe able to help with a broken su

go2xraj

Apr 29, 2011
Have you accepted the root prompt to tick on screen when you rooted? If the framework isn't installed you didn't flash the zip in recovery yet? Or did you do something to break su? (Like downgrading your recovery & break su?) If so start again & reflash your rom or contact rbox he maybe able to help with a broken su

Su is working fine. But when I try framework it's not promoting. I flashed the zip in recovery.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

9405a4f9b776dfe381454af1459823c6.jpg

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
Su is working fine. But when I try framework it's not promoting. I flashed the zip in recovery.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

9405a4f9b776dfe381454af1459823c6.jpg

You could try the manual links & check the md5's & or redownload the hdx apk, if you reflash your rom you will need to reinstall the xposed framework anyway so try again or you could get some support from the author in the manual links? I installed with no problems using the steps I provided & so have some other forum members too.

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
You could try the manual links & check the md5's & or redownload the hdx apk, if you reflash your rom you will need to reinstall the xposed framework anyway so try again or you could get some support from the author in the manual links? I installed with no problems using the steps I provided & so have some other forum members too.

did you Download and Install Xposed Installer?

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
Yes I tried many times No luck

I done It on my friends box today, followed the instructions again but the only thing I forgot was to install the xposed installer, I installed that & opened to make sure the framework was installed, then checked the modules, enabled The hdx & then rebooted, & after that it was all working fine.

BagiMT

Nov 30, 2015
I have done it a couple of times and never had an issue. Make sure Xposed Installer has root access. Did you check under /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/ if the file modules.list exists? Else try uninstalling and re-installing Xposed Installer. It is definitely an issue with the Xposed Installer app and not the framework.

jamarkie

Aug 23, 2015
Also having issues finalizing xposed

I also am having issues. I have been trying to figure this out for hours. I followed the step-by-step instructions exactly... a couple times actually. (Although I am new to this so I might not have some terminology correct, my apologize in advance.)

- I have a rooted Fire TV 2
- Flashed rbox's 5.0.5, v4 recovery rom via adb (Could the v4 be the issue? I heard that people who have 5.0.4, and 5.0.5 v1 have had success, but nothing on v4?)
- Downloaded the v80_SDK_22 and 23 ARM64.zip (tired both)
- Flashed the above zip file via the recovery (TWRP)
- Pushed and Installed Xposed installer, 3.0 alpha 4
- Pushed and installed the HDX (but havent gotten a chance to do anything with it.

I open up Xposed, and it says "The latest version of Xposed is currently not active. Did you framework and reboot?"

Then I click Framework, to install/reboot and I get a red message stating "The Xposed framework is not installed. Pelase download the latest zip file from XDA and flash it manually" Which I thought I did through the recovery menu through TWRP...

Another dumb question... So I have rbox's TWRP, but what abour the ClockWorkMod... How do I know if I have this or not... is it needed?

Did I do something wrong??

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
I also am having issues. I have been trying to figure this out for hours. I followed the step-by-step instructions exactly... a couple times actually. (Although I am new to this so I might not have some terminology correct, my apologize in advance.)

- Flashed rbox's 5.0.5, v4 recovery rom via adb (Could the v4 be the issue? I heard that people who have 5.0.4, and 5.0.5 v1 have had success, but nothing on v4?)
- Pushed and installed the HDX (but havent gotten a chance to do anything with it.

I open up Xposed, and it says "The latest version of Xposed is currently not active. Did you framework and reboot?"

Then I click Framework, to install/reboot and I get a red message stating "The Xposed framework is not installed. Pelase download the latest zip file from XDA and flash it manually" Which I thought I did through the recovery menu through TWRP...

Another dumb question... So I have rbox's TWRP, but what abour the ClockWorkMod... How do I know if I have this or not... is it needed?

I will check my all in one zip again & reload it but I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it? I'm not home now so it will have to wait until tomorrow, please if you can't get it working with the all in one zip use the manual one by one download links.

Steps

1. download all the files ether from the all in one zip or from the manual download links -
Xposed Framework zip
HDX
Xposed Installer

2. Put the Xposed Framework zip on your Sd card In the main location not in a folder

3. Reboot Into Twrp find & install Xposed Framework zip, now reboot

4. Install the Xposed Installer, then open & select framework & see if Xposed is active?

5. Reboot & then install HDX apk

6. Open Xposed Installer & select modules

7. Activate HDX, exit the app & reboot

8. You should now have a working Xposed Framework on Your AFTV2

Hope this helps if so press that thanks button

Reactions: jamarkie

jamarkie

Aug 23, 2015
I will check my all in one zip again & reload it but I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it? I'm not home now so it will have to wait until tomorrow, please if you can't get it working with the all in one zip use the manual one by one download links.

Steps

1. download all the files ether from the all in one zip or from the manual download links -
Xposed Framework zip
HDX
Xposed Installer

2. Put the Xposed Framework zip on your Sd card In the main location not in a folder

4. Install the Xposed Installer, then open & select framework & see if Xposed is active?

After the new steps, it is working perfectly for me. I used the 22nd version of the Xposed frameworks zip, NOT the 23rd, should have listened the first time (not sure if that had anything to do with it or not)

But, it is up and running. Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install Xposed on Amazon Fire TV 2 (Guide)

PLEASE READ
    As per normal I will not take responsibility if you do something wrong or brick your fire TV 2, you need to be already Rooted & running a custom recovery/rom If you don't know how to do this or not sure. Do Not Use until you have those running!

(I did not make these I'm just helping out some of the forum members who don't know how to install Xposed on the Fire Tv2 please go to the Xposed thread & leave thanks if using Xposed thank you)

First download my zip with all files attached or use my Mediafire mirror link below

Steps -

2) Launch Recovery
    7) Push the file to the AFTV2 into any folders you like (I use download or the main directory).
    8) Launch recovery again and flash the zip file, after that reboot.
    11) Open the Xposed Installer, then select framework & see if Xposed is active?
    12) Go to modules & activate HDX
    13) Reboot to get HDX working
    14) Enjoy Xposed on Fire Tv2!

You should now have a working Xposed Framework on Your AFTV2

My all in 1 download zip is at the bottom in the attachments section on this page

Or you can use my Mediafire Mirror link which also has my All in One Xposed Zip or single file downloads-
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/gsvf792qilga9/AFTV2_Xposed_Files

Or If having trouble you can also use the links here to download the files manually one by one.

Manual downloads -

Read the title, this is not how to install the playstore it's how to install xposed

In your Xposed guide you wrote from two files but where is the second?

Steps

Xposed Framework zip
    HDX
    Xposed Installer

Hi, @deanr1977 - Do you know if this Xposed installation method will work with rbox's latest AFTV2 sloane 5.2.1.1_r1 ROM?
    I would have thought so but to be honest, I'm on a lower firmware but if you wanted as long as you are rooted you could flash an earlier rom from Rbox

sent from my Super Modded S5
    Installation worked for me on the newest sloane 5.2.1.1_r1 with the newest matching xposed framework. Though I did not install anything beside the hide root, which I am not 100% sure if it works. If you have any suggestions, I can try it for you.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone