Intel Android Devices Root / Temp Recovery Session

Search This thread

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati

social-design-concepts said:
Disclaimer:
Before you proceed to the rooting instructions below, please read this disclaimer:
XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM and I are not responsible for what you are doing to your device. You understand and agree that you are doing this at your own risk.

as for warranty the rule of thumb is if you root you should always consider your warranty voided : i will make no claim otherwise on the subject.
i am just a simple hobbyist from Cinti. OH USA i have no intention to buy devices or users getting mad that they were under some impression this wouldn't void the warranty.

if you root you should always consider your warranty voided

Tethered Temporary CWM / TWRP Recovery Session :

Note : This is a Temporary CWM / TWRP Recovery Session for some Intel Devices with locked bootloaders.
This recovery is not installed to the devices and has to be launched from a computer ( tethered ) each time you need to access the CWM / TWRP Recovery. . .

WARNING : This Temporary CWM / TWRP Recovery Session is for some Intel Devices with locked boot loaders.
It is not intended for installing custom roms as if the devices has a locked bootloader the device will fail to boot the unsigned images

Intel Fastboot Tethered Temporary Recovery Session Launcher download :
Current Version : IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015.7z

Generic Instructions for use better instructions coming later just wanted to get the thread up :

notes :
make sure you have downloaded and installed the adb / fastboot drivers for your device . . .
make sure you have enabled developer options / adb debugging under settings on your device . . .

make sure you have download the latest : UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.Xx.zip and place it on your internal or external_sd

1 : download and extract IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015.7z some where on your computer.
2 : double click the launcher.bat file to start , type " ACCEPT " case sensitive without quotes to continue

check that the tool is reporting as either :
DEVICE STATUS: ADB-ONLINE
DEVICE STATUS: FASTBOOT-ONLINE

If " DEVICE STATUS: UNKNOWN " please check your cable connection and driver installation under Windows Device Manager
If " DEVICE STATUS: UNAUTHORIZED " please check if your devices is displaying an authorization prompt be sure to check Always allow from this computer and then press ok

3 : select the trigger to launch the Temporary CWM Recovery Session support fastboot oem triggers are :

T1 oem startftm ( very few devices support this command , but its the original used so )
devices supported : coming soon

T2 oem backup_factory ( limited devices support this command )

T3 oem stop_partitioning ( should work on alot of kitkat builds )

T4 oem stop_partitioning ( probably works on all devices that are supported (Jellybean , KitKat , Lollipop) )

4 : after selecting the trigger your device should reboot in to fastboot and begin to copy files to your device
note : if your device hangs at the waiting-for-device screen and you see droidboot CMD Waiting on your devices double check that the fastboot driver installed correctly.
note : if you see unknown oem command the trigger isn't supported by your device.

5 : The temporary cwm recovery session should be started at this point select install zip from the recovery menu using vol up / vol down to navigate and power to select
6 : select install zip from sdcard / external_sd depending on where you placed the file and select the UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.Xx.zip you downloaded earlier
7 : confirm the installation
8 : after install completes reboot your device

note :
some devices have limited space under /system and the supersu app wont install
if you don't see the supersu app on your device attempt to install it from the playstore
more than likely the su binary installed correctly but there want enough room on the device for the app.

This recovery uses the CWM Recovery @vampirefo built for the Dell Venue 8 3830 NoModem original thread : Dell Venue 8, CWM, unsecure boot/recovery

You know it's annoying to find this on so many other forums. with other people taking credit for it. sad face : (

APPRECIATE MY WORK, I DON'T DRINK, SO CLICK HERE DONATE NOW AND BUY ME COFFEE

XDA:DevDB Information
Intel Android FBRL, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
social-design-concepts

Version Information

Created 2015-07-28
Last Updated 2015-07-28

Last edited:

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Supported Devices List / Trigger

Acer :
B1-730 T2
B1-730HD T2

A1-830

A1-840FHD T3
A1-840 (HD) T3

Asus :
ME170C T2 & T3
ME176C T2 & T3

Dell :
Venue 7 3730 / Venue 8 3830 All Triggers Should Work
Venue 7 3740 / Venue 8 3840 T3
Venue 7 3741 / T3

Venue 8 7840 T3

Iview :
i700 T2 & T3

Kurio :
Xtreme 7 Only had a chance to test trigger T3

Odys :
intellitab 7

Nabi:
Dreamtab model IN08A trigger T3 reported working

Prestigio :
MultiPad Thunder 7.0i

Tesla :
L7 Tablet T3

Tesco :
Op3n Dott 8 T2 & T3

Toshibia :
Excite 7 T3

Last edited:

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Links to devices specific threads / forums

If you have created a devices specific thread / forum for your devices please PM the link so that i can post a link to it here to make it easier to help new users . . . . Please put Intel Device Specific Thread in the supject . Thank You .

Last edited:

GeeKerGurL

Sep 9, 2014
Cancun MX currently
Ahh!

Just my luck lol. Had a feeling I would end up bricked for some reason, maybe I jinxed myself.

Anyways... everything was going ok, I selected trigger 3 to try first, reboots to droidboot (with "waiting for fastboot command") then I select recovery and get android dude laying down with a red exclamation point coming out his belly and it just said "no command" now I am soft bricked, only getting the USB symbal with the white line under it. Please help!

Reactions: Ammunixa

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Just my luck lol. Had a feeling I wouls end up beicked for some reason, maybe I jinxed myself.

Try to manually boot to droidboot
Anyways... everything was going ok, I selected trigger 3 to try first, reboots to droidboot (with "waiting for fastboot command") then I select recovery and get android dude laying down with a red exclamation point coming out his belly and it just said "no command" now I am soft bricked, only getting the USB symbal with the white line under it. Please help!

We can remote around 1130pm est and I'll get you running v8 correct?

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

GeeKerGurL

Sep 9, 2014
Cancun MX currently
We can remote around 1130pm est and I'll get you running v8 correct?

Woot!!!YA! no need, I got it back all by myself :D just had to boot with vol down and go back through the process and everything copied fine and worked this time! :good: thanks a ton for offering to help me though buddy!

BTW trigger 3 works for the 3830 V8 no modem

WOOOHOOOOHOOOOWOOOO! root check cleared, I am SOO happy to finally have root on this thing. Besides my minor hiccup for whatever reason this method was pie too! YAHOO. I went from about to cry to jumping around happy like a crazy person haha.

Last edited:

whgarner

Dec 25, 2009
recovery fstab

What needs to be change for jb 4.2.2?
I am able to open and edit the file.
b.g.

whgarner

Dec 25, 2009
asus aa3-600

I have an asus aa3-600-ur10
android 4.2.2
Intel Celeron J1850 Quad-core 2 GHz
21.5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9
Intel HD Graphics with Shared Memory
2 GB, DDR3 SDRAM
500 GB HDD

The problem I'm having is no usb debugging, only debugging via lan. I can get adb to work but not working with fastboot in the bootloader(droidboot). I have a post about it in this section, search for "aa3-600"
b.g.

tomtom1265

Sep 8, 2012
Hi, SDC
I know this has been ask before, I searched and couldn't find the answer though, I would like to get the source code for the launchers , I use the Linux version of this method, cause I don't have windows, and would like to convert the recovery.launcher triggers and so forth into a shell script rather that use binary file.
If you have a shell script already can you post it if not, can you post or give me a link to your binary files source code?

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Hi, SDC
I know this has been ask before, I searched and couldn't find the answer though, I would like to get the source code for the launchers , I use the Linux version of this method, cause I don't have windows, and would like to convert the recovery.launcher triggers and so forth into a shell script rather that use binary file.
If you have a shell script already can you post it if not, can you post or give me a link to your binary files source code?

I'm going to post the source after I finish getting the thread put together I just wanted to get it up yesterday.

As for doing it through shell scripts the reason its binary is because if /system is mounted or any prebuilt binary has a dependency on a shared library it makes it extremely difficult some times impossible to stop services and unmount /system and such.

But I hope to have everything finish by the end of the day.

Reactions: tomtom1265

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
I have an asus aa3-600-ur10
android 4.2.2
Intel Celeron J1850 Quad-core 2 GHz
21.5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9
Intel HD Graphics with Shared Memory
2 GB, DDR3 SDRAM
500 GB HDD

The problem I'm having is no usb debugging, only debugging via lan. I can get adb to work but not working with fastboot in the bootloader(droidboot). I have a post about it in this section, search for "aa3-600"
b.g.

You use Linux or windows? If Linux, you may need to use my fastboot binary, anyway if using Linux while in fastboot mode use terminal type lsusb.

Do you see your device listed?

Sent from my T1 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: MemphisReins29

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
Root!

Thank you for this!

I successfully rooted my V8 3830 KK4.4 V1.33 no modem with T3 - in about 4 mins. tops.

FYI:

I connected and launched the launcher from the IntellAndroid-FBRL folder. Typed ACCEPT and got the green screen. Chose T3. The tablet rebooted into fastboot and files where loaded, But then fastboot turned red and said "device unauthorized" when CWM popped onto my tablet. (maybe it's suppose to do that, DK) and yes, US debugging was on, I flashed the SU zip, rebooted, all is well. SU updated and working fine. I was able to remove all the crapwear. :laugh:

thank you SDC!

Reactions: MemphisReins29

yohan4ws

Oct 23, 2012
Calgary
Quick question - Do any of the intel devices have unlocked bootloader?? Thought I read somewhere somebody was able to install a factory 4.3 or 4.2 on a Dell venue and the bootloader unlocked?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

social-design-concepts said:
    Disclaimer:
    Before you proceed to the rooting instructions below, please read this disclaimer:
    XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM and I are not responsible for what you are doing to your device. You understand and agree that you are doing this at your own risk.

as for warranty the rule of thumb is if you root you should always consider your warranty voided : i will make no claim otherwise on the subject.
    i am just a simple hobbyist from Cinti. OH USA i have no intention to buy devices or users getting mad that they were under some impression this wouldn't void the warranty.

if you root you should always consider your warranty voided

Tethered Temporary CWM / TWRP Recovery Session :

Note : This is a Temporary CWM / TWRP Recovery Session for some Intel Devices with locked bootloaders.
    This recovery is not installed to the devices and has to be launched from a computer ( tethered ) each time you need to access the CWM / TWRP Recovery. . .

WARNING : This Temporary CWM / TWRP Recovery Session is for some Intel Devices with locked boot loaders.
    It is not intended for installing custom roms as if the devices has a locked bootloader the device will fail to boot the unsigned images

Intel Fastboot Tethered Temporary Recovery Session Launcher download :
    Current Version : IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015.7z

Generic Instructions for use better instructions coming later just wanted to get the thread up :

notes :
    make sure you have downloaded and installed the adb / fastboot drivers for your device . . .
    make sure you have enabled developer options / adb debugging under settings on your device . . .

make sure you have download the latest : UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.Xx.zip and place it on your internal or external_sd

1 : download and extract IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015.7z some where on your computer.
    2 : double click the launcher.bat file to start , type " ACCEPT " case sensitive without quotes to continue

check that the tool is reporting as either :
    DEVICE STATUS: ADB-ONLINE
    DEVICE STATUS: FASTBOOT-ONLINE

If " DEVICE STATUS: UNKNOWN " please check your cable connection and driver installation under Windows Device Manager
    If " DEVICE STATUS: UNAUTHORIZED " please check if your devices is displaying an authorization prompt be sure to check Always allow from this computer and then press ok

3 : select the trigger to launch the Temporary CWM Recovery Session support fastboot oem triggers are :

T1 oem startftm ( very few devices support this command , but its the original used so )

T2 oem backup_factory ( limited devices support this command )

T3 oem stop_partitioning ( should work on alot of kitkat builds )

T4 oem stop_partitioning ( probably works on all devices that are supported (Jellybean , KitKat , Lollipop) )

4 : after selecting the trigger your device should reboot in to fastboot and begin to copy files to your device
    note : if your device hangs at the waiting-for-device screen and you see droidboot CMD Waiting on your devices double check that the fastboot driver installed correctly.
    note : if you see unknown oem command the trigger isn't supported by your device.

5 : The temporary cwm recovery session should be started at this point select install zip from the recovery menu using vol up / vol down to navigate and power to select
    6 : select install zip from sdcard / external_sd depending on where you placed the file and select the UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.Xx.zip you downloaded earlier
    7 : confirm the installation
    8 : after install completes reboot your device

note :
    some devices have limited space under /system and the supersu app wont install
    if you don't see the supersu app on your device attempt to install it from the playstore
    more than likely the su binary installed correctly but there want enough room on the device for the app.

This recovery uses the CWM Recovery @vampirefo built for the Dell Venue 8 3830 NoModem original thread : Dell Venue 8, CWM, unsecure boot/recovery

You know it's annoying to find this on so many other forums. with other people taking credit for it. sad face : (

APPRECIATE MY WORK, I DON'T DRINK, SO CLICK HERE DONATE NOW AND BUY ME COFFEE

XDA:DevDB Information
    Intel Android FBRL, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    social-design-concepts

Version Information

Created 2015-07-28
    Last Updated 2015-07-28

Acer :
    B1-730 T2
    B1-730HD T2

A1-830

A1-840FHD T3
    A1-840 (HD) T3

Asus :
    ME170C T2 & T3
    ME176C T2 & T3

Dell :
    Venue 7 3730 / Venue 8 3830 All Triggers Should Work
    Venue 7 3740 / Venue 8 3840 T3
    Venue 7 3741 / T3

Venue 8 7840 T3

Iview :
    i700 T2 & T3

Kurio :
    Xtreme 7 Only had a chance to test trigger T3

Odys :
    intellitab 7

Nabi:
    Dreamtab model IN08A trigger T3 reported working

Prestigio :
    MultiPad Thunder 7.0i

Tesla :
    L7 Tablet T3

Tesco :
    Op3n Dott 8 T2 & T3

Toshibia :
    Excite 7 T3

If you have created a devices specific thread / forum for your devices please PM the link so that i can post a link to it here to make it easier to help new users . . . . Please put Intel Device Specific Thread in the supject . Thank You .
    IntelAndroid-FBRL 05-16-2015 Public Trail Release

i'm not ready to post a full update so i guess you can call this a public trial , there's a few things i wanna fix not related to the 7840 really just a couple things i wanna add for a couple of other things.

IntelAndroid-FBRL-05-16-2015-PTR.7z

one tester reported that on the Dell Venue 7840 that it wouldn't mount the internal sdcard , it's probably an issue with needing a recovery designed for lollipop , but this will still allow you to root.
    The Concept / Source Code

The Concept / Source Code