Interest thread s7+ Lineage os

Search This thread

bs3pro

Jul 24, 2020

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Im not trying to scam anyone just gauging interest I really want lineage on the s7+ and will begin development when I have the device you don't have to donate if you don't want to

You should return the money and then ask when you have it ready. Shocked people would donate ahead of it-one could easily see from the initial messages that there was no device to begin with lol let alone any experience.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Hi all,

Considering Project Treble exists, the process of porting Lineage OS to a device is immensely easier.

If you would like OP, im more then happy to make a quick image you can test and we can go from there?

I have a tab s7 plus but i use samsung services that rely on the samsung fuse to remain untripped.

This is the honest developer.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

I don't think you are a scammer. Take your time bro. Priority lies on studiying atm. But when do you think you'll be able to get the tablet?

yeah right,,,,folks people and businesses get paid when they either have a product that they will deliver or paid on delivery...not before

this is not a go-fund-me (aka begging internet style)

ha ha

to that end I have even donated to established developers who just then took off (lack of interest, blah blah reasons, life events whatever they were etc-only to see them move from one device to the next after spending maybe like 3-4 months...how it goes)

Twodordan

Jul 10, 2012
How do you install updates to lineage these days? Haven't used custom roms / lineage in a long time.

For instance if I want to update to a newer security patch. Do I have to flash it myself or is there an easier built in way, for less technical people that you might want to gift a lineageOS device to?

minilandl

Mar 1, 2017
Perth
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Broke my Pixel C tablet trying to replace the battery would love to get the Tab S7 or S7+ tablet but with absolutely no Rom or LineageOS support I'm afraid to get it previous rom history on many Galaxy Tablets shows there's a good change it may never come to this device? Seems the next best option is last years Galaxy Tab S5e which has the Official LineageOS blessings. Really disappointed wish there was some solid support for the S7 and the S7+. Anyone care to chime in some alternative suggestions ?
I saw that the s6 lite and s6 has some lineage os support this is the main reason I wanted to get lineage working on the s7+ unfortunatly due to my financial situation I cant afford the s7+ currently but as soon as I can I will buy the device and start development

vitselvarajah

Nov 27, 2020
London
Just a quick update on progress since its been a while.

Testing gsi images refuse to boot even though the tablet is treble enabled.probably a poor implementation from Samsung. I am still looking into this but I've been stuck between exams, a day job and my own business.

If anyone has experience with development or wants to help send me a pm. Just a prewarning, there is every chance you might brick your tablet so make sure you've read up on how to use odin to restore your device!

I am working on recreating the device tree currently. Although I love one ui (I know there are haters) I wanna make sure the tab is ready for when Samsung eventually stops supporting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterCool

minilandl

Mar 1, 2017
Perth
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Testing gsi images refuse to boot even though the tablet is treble enabled.probably a poor implementation from Samsung. I am still looking into this but I've been stuck between exams, a day job and my own business.

If anyone has experience with development or wants to help send me a pm. Just a prewarning, there is every chance you might brick your tablet so make sure you've read up on how to use odin to restore your device!

I am working on recreating the device tree currently. Although I love one ui (I know there are haters) I wanna make sure the tab is ready for when Samsung eventually stops supporting it.
I did also see that @Bushcat has also started working on device trees for the s7 + so hopefully we will eventually have lineage. I still need to get my head around building roms from complete trees though. Its a shame about treble which is probably the only reason custom roms even work on Samsung devices as they try their best to block us .

Bushcat

Nov 14, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
OnePlus 6T
I did also see that @Bushcat has also started working on device trees for the s7 + so hopefully we will eventually have lineage. I still need to get my head around building roms from complete trees though. Its a shame about treble which is probably the only reason custom roms even work on Samsung devices as they try their best to block us .
Finally got the trees working but I need some time to test it. It's close

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Lineage OS

Hi all,

Considering Project Treble exists, the process of porting Lineage OS to a device is immensely easier.

If you would like OP, im more then happy to make a quick image you can test and we can go from there?

I have a tab s7 plus but i use samsung services that rely on the samsung fuse to remain untripped.
    Yeah, it's easier if you cop out, and go prebuilt vendor, sure.

I'll be working on source-built vendor :)

Bushcat

Nov 14, 2018
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
    OnePlus 6T
    I just got the S7+, if you'd like to share yours, I'd love to take a look.

If not, I'll be starting from 0.

Excited to get Lineage up on this.
    recently I made a new tree, all trees are on my github but they are very dirty same for the commits, rn it builds only till package_target_files, I'm working on it, I had some successfull builds but those didn't work when flashed and I couldn't get any logs. This is my first Device bringup and I'm new to dynamicpartitions and some samsung stuff. My previous experience was building and maintaining custom roms like resurrection remix Q for the Oneplus 6T (Fajita) and Galaxy S5 Mini (G800F).

These are my WIP repos:
    Device Tree:

Vendor Tree:

Kernel:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • recently I made a new tree, all trees are on my github but they are very dirty same for the commits, rn it builds only till package_target_files, I'm working on it, I had some successfull builds but those didn't work when flashed and I couldn't get any logs. This is my first Device bringup and I'm new to dynamicpartitions and some samsung stuff. My previous experience was building and maintaining custom roms like resurrection remix Q for the Oneplus 6T (Fajita) and Galaxy S5 Mini (G800F).

These are my WIP repos:
    Device Tree:

Vendor Tree:

Kernel:
    Nice, I'll be taking a swing at it later this month.

Bushcat

Nov 14, 2018
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
    OnePlus 6T
    Progress update device tree:
    the device tree is now fully featured, it has everything you can think of but it still doesn't want to boot. I can't get any logs so I had to guess and test everything.

Guessed Issues:
    There's only one concerining issue I'm left struggling with, the BOARD_SUPER_PARTITION_SIZE I read out from Oneui doesn't build because it's not a multiple of the block size (512), my readout matches the value used in ianmacd twrp tree based on his T976B, so I used the value from the next most similar device, so i used the value from the lineage-17.1 android_device_samsung_sm8250 which does build because it is a multiple of 512.

The Things I want to try next:
    - try out GSI roms and build and improve them for this device like building a better kernel for custom roms.
    - make a new minimal device tree with only the essential things to find out if any vendor, wifi, gps, etc. code prevents it from booting

This is my first from the ground up made device tree and I started android development a half year ago so there are chances I made a mistake somewhere. Sorry for the messy device tree on github, any help is appreciated, I made a telegram chat about development for this device to share information more easy, you can find me here @gts7x.

Reactions: Vntnox

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Progress update device tree:
      the device tree is now fully featured, it has everything you can think of but it still doesn't want to boot. I can't get any logs so I had to guess and test everything.

Guessed Issues:
      There's only one concerining issue I'm left struggling with, the BOARD_SUPER_PARTITION_SIZE I read out from Oneui doesn't build because it's not a multiple of the block size (512), my readout matches the value used in ianmacd twrp tree based on his T976B, so I used the value from the next most similar device, so i used the value from the lineage-17.1 android_device_samsung_sm8250 which does build because it is a multiple of 512.

The Things I want to try next:
      - try out GSI roms and build and improve them for this device like building a better kernel for custom roms.
      - make a new minimal device tree with only the essential things to find out if any vendor, wifi, gps, etc. code prevents it from booting

This is my first from the ground up made device tree and I started android development a half year ago so there are chances I made a mistake somewhere. Sorry for the messy device tree on github, any help is appreciated, I made a telegram chat about development for this device to share information more easy, you can find me here @gts7x.
      I am now the owner of a S7+ and have interest in putting Lineage OS on it.
      Really, really hate bloatware.
      I would definitely get the Tab S7+ if there was LineageOS for it. I really hate One UI.
      Same I hate oneui I love the iPad pro lineage os if I can get it working makes this the perfect device. Buying it regardless I want lineage os so much I'm building it myself.
      If you built lineage for the Galaxy Tab S7+. If buy the device and donate some money to you via PayPal

Thank you I've added a donation link to my signature.
      Nice where is it? I can't find it ? I'm a bit new to donations... I will get the Wifi version of the Tab S7+ as well.
      On the profile page click on the user icon and it should be on the about page it's also under all my comments and posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone