• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Interesting Picture

Search This thread

eyc

Nov 23, 2009
Chicago
Oh My God.
I have a sickening, tightening feeling in my belly.

The S6 edge looks good. The S6 is horrendously, awfully ugly....If these are the pictures we're to believe.

I'm sorry - remember this? "...you said yada yada yada, and we listened. You said yada yada yada and we listened."

That was last year's launch and I could feel the incredulity of all the writers and phone geeks there. Design. We're all looking for it. This year. And the Chinese are coming.

Let me tell you something. If the S6 looks like the plastic prototype pictured here, Samsung is going to face the wrath of ALL the journals. ALL of them, there's not a single reporter that's going to be at this year's launch that will take being played like sheep. None.

HTC may not need to do much. The phone is excellent, now their cameras are looking like they're best of the pie. The S6 edge will be all that people are interested in - and I'm sorry to say but it reeks of gimmick designing. Unless it's standardised and taken up by Mobiles in general, is dead. And this is it. SAMSUNG is proprietary-ing everything. They'll be swallowed by the Chinese. Whole.

It stuns me all the time when companies this big just fail to do the simple stuff - listen.

Samsung only had to change their materials and redesign the phone. Sooo many people ready to stand by Samsung.

Nobody wants to walk around with a phone you have to explain to people. Nobody wants a Samsung that you have to fight for. The thing should be fighting for is owner.

I. Just. Can't.

It's the ugliest thing alive, and I am positive Samsung will whip out something that looks nothing like this prototype.

As for the OP, listen, everyone loves that you posted what you found. What gets odd is where people feel immediately that they have to like and protect what they see - and it's not even out yet. That's what I find odd. That's what keeps me hoping that Samsung know what they're up to this year.

I'm so on that launch on Sunday.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Premium HD app

Jesus man. Enough of the histrionics. You sound like a drama-queen teenage girl. Samsung is going to feel the "wrath of journalists"? Really dude? Even if the phone was an identical clone of the S5, but made with glass and metal, the majority contingent of people will be clamoring over it and lauding Samsung. These are, after all, "sheep" as you call it. They see something shiny and they go after it.

The edge "reeks of gimmick designing"? Yea, no **** sherlock. And people are going to eat it up. Who gives a flying f*** what you think when 90% of the people that put it in their hand are going to be nutting over it?

"Samsung only had to change their materials and redesign the phone." Dude, what planet are you on? That's precisely what they did, and idiots like you are crying over it. Get a life.

loosecannon2013

Dec 10, 2014
port-of-spain
i've been waiting for the moment when i could get my hands on this spectacular redesigned S6 since i heard of it
cause i really love samsung phones an i have an S5... now that i'm seeing these pic an reading these post hmmmmmm....SCREW that i still have my hopes up that it will be an amazing piece of work from samsung an that it will indeed include an extsdcard..... fingers crossed.......

droydr

Feb 25, 2014
71 pages later and we still have the Samsung sheep crying about how the S6 "won't look anything like the OP's pictures!". And that there's "no way" it won't have a removable battery and SD slot.

Here are the facts:
- No removable battery
- No SD card slot
- No Snapdragon
- No waterproof
- Smaller or same screen
- Much heavier
- "Regular" version identical to ugly S3,S4,S5 designs
- "Edge" version wastes screen real estate
- Back glass stolen from Nexus 4 and iPhone 4
- Speakers and front glass stolen from iPhone 6
- Same cheap plastic material underneath glass
- Same huge home button
- Same laggy UI and bloat

Now that's what you call an EPIC FAIL and the source of the sheep's tears >>> :crying:

Reactions: Bjandthekatz

sohebq

Aug 20, 2011
RAWALPINDI
S series is drowning and Note series is Rising. Glad i left S series behind 3 years ago.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 (The beauty & beast)

smooth4lyfe

Apr 4, 2012
www.smooth4lyfemusic.com
71 pages later and we still have the Samsung sheep crying about how the S6 "won't look anything like the OP's pictures!". And that there's "no way" it won't have a removable battery and SD slot.

Here are the facts:
- No removable battery
- No SD card slot
- No Snapdragon
- No waterproof
- Smaller or same screen
- Much heavier
- Same huge home button

Now that's what you call an EPIC FAIL and the source of the sheep's tears >>> :crying:

You haven't even held or seen the device in person so most of those points are not credible

Reactions: kflyng and eyc

eyc

Nov 23, 2009
Chicago

Here are the facts:
- No removable battery
- No SD card slot
- No Snapdragon
- No waterproof
- Smaller or same screen
- Much heavier
- Same huge home button

The detractors (like yourself) are much more vocal and pissy little crybabies than any of the "sheep" that you guys keep talking about.

L

LastStandingDroid

And wth do you want with the system dump?
Why does the community wants it?

Even if its a early stage its still wanted

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

As I said, it's from another phone (xiaomi), but seeing this adaptor. it might be a chance for our microsd cards :)
Lol that just a holder not adapter.

Its because it has a SIM slot inside the phone

Its just like if you have a cd reader without the laser that reads it [emoji14] so damn useless

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CLARiiON

Apr 10, 2013

Here are the facts:
- No removable battery
- No SD card slot
- No Snapdragon
- No waterproof
- Smaller or same screen
- Much heavier
- Same huge home button

Sheeps are much more tolerable than nagging trolls :laugh:

EDIT: I knew this dude will be a HTC troll, he uses a HTC One X. Came here to spill his diarrhoea ridden diatribe. I don't understand why come here and make such non-sense when he's not interested in the device? Totally shameless human. Doesn't add anything to the discussion and derails the thread . Waste of an atom!

Last edited:

dandroid13

Dec 19, 2010
Porto Alegre
Sheeps are much more tolerable than nagging trolls [emoji23]

EDIT: I knew this dude will be a HTC troll, he uses a HTC One X. Came here to spill his diarrhoea ridden diatribe. I don't understand why come here and make such non-sense when he's not interested in the device? Totally shameless human. Doesn't add anything to the discussion and derails the thread . Waste of an atom!

Typical HTC users are like hipsters, they all angry people that still live with their moms and want to look different with their slippery metal POS.

Enviado do meu Galaxy S5

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
Jesus man. Enough of the histrionics. You sound like a drama-queen teenage girl. Samsung is going to feel the "wrath of journalists"? Really dude? Even if the phone was an identical clone of the S5, but made with glass and metal, the majority contingent of people will be clamoring over it and lauding Samsung. These are, after all, "sheep" as you call it. They see something shiny and they go after it.

The edge "reeks of gimmick designing"? Yea, no **** sherlock. And people are going to eat it up. Who gives a flying f*** what you think when 90% of the people that put it in their hand are going to be nutting over it?

"Samsung only had to change their materials and redesign the phone." Dude, what planet are you on? That's precisely what they did, and idiots like you are crying over it. Get a life.
But....I am a drama queen teenage girl.
See you Sunday.

mickeywdw1254

Sep 18, 2008
Interesting note is there is no SIM slot anywhere on any side of the device. Plus the below pic seems to show a little tab that hints at a removable back cover. Possibly a chance they included a microSD slot in this variant then! :)

tApQWpu.jpg
Better yet, what if it is a pop up removable battery/sd/sim card? That tab is on the "front side". I bet that is the patent that was filed not too long ago, the pop up looking feature. I mean. ..why else would you need the inside of your phone to pop up?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

b506952d0a4162d252cbac1182b7e546.jpg

Last edited:

tft

Feb 24, 2008
in the past, samsung always tooted how their phones had removable battery. they would be slapping their face if they did make it non-removable.. not to mention the SD card as well..

dandroid13

Dec 19, 2010
Porto Alegre

allendj81

Sep 26, 2010
LBC, CA
It's funny to me how people talk crap about the S3, when was specifically the S3 that put the S series on the map thanks for their massive ad campaign. The S3 was a breakthrough device, specially the US's models, which are still better than a lot of recent phones on the market today. I'm still using my T999 and it can handle everything I throw at it thanks to its 2gb of RAM. In 3 yrs I havent seen a reason to upgrade, I hope the S6 is it, otherwise Ill have to jump on the next nexus (just hope that is not a 6 incher again)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't say where it's from but it's from AT&T directly. Obviously a prototype or test model and it says not for sale on the package. Obviously a Samsung phone, I was scared to play with it much but seems a glass back and front with metal on the sides. I apologize if this is being posted in the wrong section.
    And FYI, it boots although I booted one I had permission to do so on. I left the other alone, same model. Definitely glass back, feels solid as heck, runs android 5.0.2., no more finger swipe, just press like iPhone/iPad. This thread has gotten a bit out of hand. My fault, my curiosity has led to craziness. Im going to let others do the work going forward. Also, this IS the s6 whether you like it or not albeit not final version. I confirmed by turning the 2nd unit I got my hands on obviously. Pictures have not done this phone justice, it's actually pretty nice. It's weird, people complain about Samsung's build quality and point at HTC and Apple as examples of solid build quality, Samsung takes cues from them and they get ripped? I guess you can't make everyone happy. I'm fine without removable battery but the SD card being gone does piss me off..... To each their own, I know people are passionate about what they want or need. Anyways..... Voila