Interesting Picture

Search This thread

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
@tft yes that's the point I'm making. At this stage, function is ALREADY pretty much taken care of.

People don't want fashion over function. They want something they enjoy spending time with.

Function is now assumed... And the Galaxy S6 Edge sounds and looks exceedingly functional!

The design of the S6 allows it to become more than a phone for the people that use it. We no longer wear clothes just to keep warm, drive cars just to transport ourselves, build buildings simply to live and work in.

The S6 itself does not impress me. However, the S6 Edge is a game changer. Samsung is challenging the experience of owning a phone here.

I think it will change everything.

Sent from my SM-N910H using XDA Premium HD app

Black6spdZ

May 7, 2006
Waterford MI
All international S series are bootloader unlocked.
What is HTC, never heard of this here where I live...
Have you used a current TW phone, or are just ****ting through your mouth like 90% of people when they talk about Sammy?

WOW really?! HTC, the makers of the XDA.. THE phone this site originated from.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

The S6 Edge will be Samsung's biggest phone ever.
sure.. they should have just made the new touchwiz an iOS skin since the damn phone looks like the iPod with voice option devices.

tft

Feb 24, 2008
WOW really?! HTC, the makers of the XDA.. THE phone this site originated from.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

sure.. they should have just made the new touchwiz an iOS skin since the damn phone looks like the iPod with voice option devices.

good ole apache/ppc6700 days, 64k bit screen, 128mb internal memory lol.
and here people think apple invented the smartphone.

Last edited:

Black6spdZ

May 7, 2006
Waterford MI
good ole apache/ppc6700 days, 64k bit screen, 128mb internal memory lol.
and here people think apple invented the smartphone.
I loved my Blue Angel! But before that the MPx200 brought me into the smartphone age.. back when data and texts were free!! Everyone then thought the RAZRs were the latest and greatest.. little did they know.

inetquestion

Oct 15, 2013
Samsung... shame on you!

Hope that initial comments are wrong, but its unlikely from looking at these photos...

Completely understand why phone manufacturers would leave out the SD card, as it leaves room for higher profits on their side by forcing folks to pony up extra dough for higher models. However there is satisfaction in knowing my files can be easily removed from a device if needed... this is especially true if the phone craps out and "you" are unable to wipe it before handing it over. This is similar to why I wouldn't use iTunes or others which force you to move your stuff into their paradigm. I want my crap in my control, as often as possible.
Cool or not, any phone without an SD slot is a deal breaker for me.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, the rumor is confirmed. Anyone taking bets whether the S6 mini or S7 will add those features back?

wickdaman

Feb 25, 2015
I am happy with the design and its features.

By the way, this is very long thread!

I'm also happy with the design and features, though like most I'm impressed more by the S6 Edge.

Others have previously said "What's the point?" as it's the same phone with a few extra features. I believe it's the WOW factor and the futuristic design of the curved edges that make it unique to the mobile phone industry that really strikes me... So I'm going for that!

Sent from my SM-G850F using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't say where it's from but it's from AT&T directly. Obviously a prototype or test model and it says not for sale on the package. Obviously a Samsung phone, I was scared to play with it much but seems a glass back and front with metal on the sides. I apologize if this is being posted in the wrong section.
    And FYI, it boots although I booted one I had permission to do so on. I left the other alone, same model. Definitely glass back, feels solid as heck, runs android 5.0.2., no more finger swipe, just press like iPhone/iPad. This thread has gotten a bit out of hand. My fault, my curiosity has led to craziness. Im going to let others do the work going forward. Also, this IS the s6 whether you like it or not albeit not final version. I confirmed by turning the 2nd unit I got my hands on obviously. Pictures have not done this phone justice, it's actually pretty nice. It's weird, people complain about Samsung's build quality and point at HTC and Apple as examples of solid build quality, Samsung takes cues from them and they get ripped? I guess you can't make everyone happy. I'm fine without removable battery but the SD card being gone does piss me off..... To each their own, I know people are passionate about what they want or need. Anyways..... Voila