Interesting Picture

Search This thread

eyc

Nov 23, 2009
Chicago
whats the point of the edge feature? just design,because the screen on the edges looks to small to have any display on them like the note 4 edge

It's kind of like an infinity pool. The water (i.e., screen) cascades off the edge to create a seamless transition. In other words, yea, just for the looks. And frankly, I think it looks damn good.

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Interesting note is there is no SIM slot anywhere on any side of the device. Plus the below pic seems to show a little tab that hints at a removable back cover. Possibly a chance they included a microSD slot in this variant then! :)

tApQWpu.jpg

Sacher_Masoch

Feb 26, 2015
Tokyo
Interesting note is there is no SIM slot anywhere on any side of the device. Plus the below pic seems to show a little tab that hints at a removable back cover. Possibly a chance they included a microSD slot in this variant then! :)

Damn you're right! It can be that. If it's true, it will be really good. Actually, I didn't really liked the looking of the edge for the note 4. But, on both sides, it looks really good. And if they keep the features (removable back, micro SD, etc.) it will definitely help them to sell a lot of phones.

zomer86

Apr 19, 2010

tApQWpu.jpg

Those images are fake.

I'm seriously stunned by all the ignorant fools that still can't believe this is the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge and HTC One M9.

Good thing it's only a few days before this group can shut up.

I'm pretty sure a lot of media already saw the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge and if it would have looked different, we would have heard it, even under embargo.

blownupp

Nov 18, 2014
I'll throw my 2c in, I can deal with not having a replaceable battery (I have a slick 10k mah external battery that I hardly notice carrying in my back pocket) but not having an SD card? Ugh. I use my smartphone as my mp3 player these days and I can fill a 64gb card aw quickly as my usb2 can transfer the data! I mean, I do have a dumb WiFi memory card sharing thing, but the battery on that is limited and it's just one more thing to worry about when going out.

Last edited:

Applesexual

Feb 26, 2015
Those images are fake.

I'm seriously stunned by all the ignorant fools that still can't believe this is the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge and HTC One M9.

I'm pretty sure a lot of media already saw the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge and if it would have looked different, we would have heard it, even under embargo.

What many people are surprised is how much of a dog**** this phone looks like like the iPhone 6.
The iPhone 6/6+ look like horsecrap, so why did Samsung decide to take design cues off of that device?

What Samsung doesn't get, for some odd reason, is that the iPhone 6/6+'s success is a fluke and sales will drop to what they were in 1-2 years. Apple's profits were declining before they released the iPhone Galaxy and they will decline back to $4-6b/quarter. Apple has nothing up their sleeves to boost sales now.
The "design" of the iPhone has nothing to do with it. The phone is ugly as hell. It was all the screen size, and with that out of the way, Apple's sales will decline 50+%/quarter after the 2nd wave of people on contract switch.

Reactions: kolembo

eyc

Nov 23, 2009
Chicago
Two things:

What is this supposed to mean? Its either grammatically wrong or you're confused. You're stunned because people can't believe "this" (meaning the picture) is a Galaxy s6, Edge, and M9? What?

If you are so upset about people chattering about the leaks, why are you even here? You're here eating up the pics and reading all the posts, but you're ****ting on people for participating in the discussion? Get a life bro.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

What Samsung doesn't get, for some odd reason, is that the iPhone 6/6+'s success is a fluke and sales will drop to what they were in 1-2 years.

Dude, I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. Your senseless diatribes don't deserve any more of a response, frankly.

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Those images are fake.

Those images lineup exactly with the physical device photos that were shown earlier. I don't usually like to call people out but please don't call something as "fake" so mindlessly and with such certainty unless you can prove otherwise. We have many different photos and renders from different sources over course of the last week+ or so that match up only hinting to the fact that these are very likely the real deal. Until something new pops up before the official event then it makes 100% sense that this is what we can believe in the meanwhile.

Ultimately, fake or not, it doesn't matter. Anyone that makes a decision what device they're getting before the official event and announcement is a fool anyways. No matter the leaks, nothing is ever confirmed until it comes from the source who makes it.

Last edited:

Applesexual

Feb 26, 2015
Two things:

What is this supposed to mean? Its either grammatically wrong or you're confused. You're stunned because people can't believe "this" (meaning the picture) is a Galaxy s6, Edge, and M9? What?

If you are so upset about people chattering about the leaks, why are you even here? You're here eating up the pics and reading all the posts, but you're ****ting on people for participating in the discussion? Get a life bro.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Dude, I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. Your senseless diatribes don't deserve any more of a response, frankly.

You think that Apple can maintain their current sales? You are out of your mind. Their sales will decline.

hella356

Jun 20, 2009

tApQWpu.jpg

The tab is on the screen side of the phone. That would mean the back isn't removable, but that either the screen itself is removable, or the bottom edge of the phone - where the headphone & USB port are - is removable. Those pics don't show any place to put a SIM card, so if they are real, a removable bottom seems to be the only logical place to do it. If that's the case, it could also house an SD card slot. All speculation, of course.

TechAnimal

Nov 17, 2008
Not an apple guy but I predict another record quarter following release of the iwatch.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Applesexual

Feb 26, 2015
I find it ridiculous that a company that makes billions in profit every year can't figure out that the only reason the iPhone 6/6+ is a success is because it was the first big-screen iPhone, so many previous iPhone users saw a need to upgrade. It has nothing to do with Apple's dog**** design.

Apple's success won't last and they'll be back to 30m sales/quarter and $4billion quarterly profits in a few years, since they have nothing else up their sleeves, and so they won't ever be able to convince the same amount of people to buy the future iPhone. Why the **** can't Samsung figure that out? Instead, they wrongly assumed that people loved the iPhone 6's horsecrap design and decided to copy it. Stupid Samsung... They should stick with R&D and selling/licensing technology like IBM. Leave the consumer electronics to other companies.

Not an apple guy but I predict another record quarter following release of the iwatch.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

The iWatch looks so bad. Worse than any design Samsung came up with.
Also, I don't see any hype for the iWatch. Even the pro Apple media sites are trashing it, which says a lot.

Last edited:

lopri

Jan 24, 2013
I find it ridiculous that a company that makes billions in profit every year can't figure out that the only reason the iPhone 6/6+ is a success is because it was the first big-screen iPhone, so many previous iPhone users saw a need to upgrade. It has nothing to do with Apple's dog**** design.
It's not just the size of screen. Thickness matters. A LOT. iPhone 6 is a rather dull design if you took its thinness away. Especially compared to previous iPhones. But people love it because it's thin. Add 2mm to iPhone 6's body and remove Apple logo, no one will look at that phone twice.

Samsung cannot keep up with it while maintaining removable battery. But I have no doubt Samsung will keep making phones with removable batteries. They will not look as sixy (sorry again I couldn't resist) as the regular S6/Edge. You cannot have both.

Applesexual

Feb 26, 2015
It's not just the size of screen. Thickness matters. A LOT. iPhone 6 is a rather dull design if you took its thinness away. Especially compared to previous iPhones. But people love it because it's thin. Add 2mm to iPhone 6's body and remove Apple logo, no one will look at that phone twice.

Samsung cannot keep up with it while maintaining removable battery. But I have no doubt Samsung will keep making phones with removable batteries. They will not look as sixy (sorry again I couldn't resist) as the regular S6/Edge. You cannot have both.

LOL NO...
Even die-hard Apple fans from cult sites like macrumors and appleinsider trash the iPhone 6's design. Look, I'm a former Apple fan. I think the iPhone 4 still has the best smartphone design EVER, but there's no doubt in my mind that the iPhone 6 is the start of Apple releasing bad designs. The iWatch only further proves that Apple lost their touch.

lopri

Jan 24, 2013
I am not sure what you are trying to say. I said that iPhone 6's design other than its thickness is rather pedestrian. Apple also copied many other OEM's designs, which is rarely pointed out by the reviews. We are in agreement on that point.

But do you deny that consumers prefer thin phones? What would an iPhone 6 with removable back look like? How big of a battery would it have?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't say where it's from but it's from AT&T directly. Obviously a prototype or test model and it says not for sale on the package. Obviously a Samsung phone, I was scared to play with it much but seems a glass back and front with metal on the sides. I apologize if this is being posted in the wrong section.
    And FYI, it boots although I booted one I had permission to do so on. I left the other alone, same model. Definitely glass back, feels solid as heck, runs android 5.0.2., no more finger swipe, just press like iPhone/iPad. This thread has gotten a bit out of hand. My fault, my curiosity has led to craziness. Im going to let others do the work going forward. Also, this IS the s6 whether you like it or not albeit not final version. I confirmed by turning the 2nd unit I got my hands on obviously. Pictures have not done this phone justice, it's actually pretty nice. It's weird, people complain about Samsung's build quality and point at HTC and Apple as examples of solid build quality, Samsung takes cues from them and they get ripped? I guess you can't make everyone happy. I'm fine without removable battery but the SD card being gone does piss me off..... To each their own, I know people are passionate about what they want or need. Anyways..... Voila