Interesting Picture

Search This thread

blueandigo

Dec 2, 2012
Lol HTC is a joke. 2yrs and they'll be history just like Sony is.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

looks like the edge version to me. if i hold my current edge sideways it has a similar shape with the curved edging

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

agreed the exynos is a far superior chips, 14nm instead of the 810s 20.. it benches higher, it's more efficient, and it doesn't constantly throttle due to heat issues. look at some reviews on the lggflex2 with the 810 and how bad it throttles during normal use. 20%battery use in less than an hour is stated in a couple videos due to the excessive heat. I'm happy they went with their own chips, may not get cm as fast but so what. Samsung is ready working on 10nm technology, and that puts them pretty far in front of qualcomm and their 810blunder. This phone will be a beast, and the only thing more beast than it will be the note 5. period.
This post maybe funnier than all of my posts in this thread lol.

Reactions: jdidtht

dandroid13

Dec 19, 2010
Porto Alegre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFHv4fZQDc

watch the video, has a couple photos and only one i've seen that actually show the edge while it's powered on, seems legit.. also he points out that it doesn't have removable battery or the SD card which seems to confirm most of the other rumors..

i still don't get why the device couldn't have a removable glass laminated removable back cover. i mean there are phones with removable metal back covers..

One last possibility is that there will be a different version without glass and sdcard slot or something like that report from a Samsung exec. Here in Brazil, for example, Sony sells two versions of the Z3, one with dual sim and the other with DTV support, so maybe, what we've seen so far is the US version, with something else for the rest of the world

blueandigo

Dec 2, 2012
One last possibility is that there will be a different version without glass and sdcard slot or something like that report from a Samsung exec. Here in Brazil, for example, Sony sells two versions of the Z3, one with dual sim and the other with DTV support, so maybe, what we've seen so far is the US version, with something else for the rest of the world

Where's that report, Sonic?

Phillax

Sep 30, 2010
Bronx, New York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFHv4fZQDc

watch the video, has a couple photos and only one i've seen that actually show the edge while it's powered on, seems legit.. also he points out that it doesn't have removable battery or the SD card which seems to confirm most of the other rumors..

i still don't get why the device couldn't have a removable glass laminated removable back cover. i mean there are phones with removable metal back covers..
Here are the pics from that video:
1O6jpX3.jpg

TFuB7wU.jpg

Reactions: tft

manojmcn

Oct 13, 2014
So S6 has 2550mAh battery & S6 edge has 2600mAh. Interesting to see how the battery life holds up. Exynos 7 is upto some great scrutiny soon.

Sent from my SM-N910G using XDA Free mobile app

blownupp

Nov 18, 2014
It's funny to me how people talk crap about the S3, when was specifically the S3 that put the S series on the map thanks for their massive ad campaign. The S3 was a breakthrough device, specially the US's models, which are still better than a lot of recent phones on the market today. I'm still using my T999 and it can handle everything I throw at it thanks to its 2gb of RAM. In 3 yrs I havent seen a reason to upgrade, I hope the S6 is it, otherwise Ill have to jump on the next nexus (just hope that is not a 6 incher again)

I've been on the i535 just as long and the Note series is looking better and better every day from here...

Sent from my SM-T900 using XDA Free mobile app

Sacher_Masoch

Feb 26, 2015
Tokyo
I'm maybe wrong but, isn't it the s6 edge design that they used on there official twitter for the chinese new year ?
https://twitter.com/SamsungMobile/status/568442641022636032

If you look at the screen's corners, they look a little incurved. Also on the bottom and the top there is 2 little lines (like we can see on the OP's pictures http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.co....jpg?key=Nm3yLH5UwxMORn4fbXvWLw&ts=1425110309 & http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3183748&d=1424899021). Maybe it's just my imagination, but if it is the s6 edge, they already show use the design but nobody has noticed it! :laugh:

EDIT : after looking closer, it's might be the note Edge, my bad :p

Last edited:
Reactions: coolfire

King p1n

Jul 26, 2013
jvhfje1urvosbucpzylu.jpg

Samsung S6 Edge is amazing!!!

With new touchwiz UI + wtihout bloatware (no lag) + full customizing option just like icon & statusbar & background color in menus & ...!!
and new headphones & 6.9mm thin & new 20MP camera...
1. Touch wiz is basically the same just less bloat
2. S6 has the same 16mp camera as the note4 not 20

vegetaleb

S6 is not really changing the design compared to S3,S4 and S5, though S6 Edge is a real change.
The big problem is that you should never let it fall from your hand or let it knock something hard or the border-less screen will be hurt badly.
Let's see if Samsung cared about audiophiles as much as HTC does this time

tft

Feb 24, 2008
S6 is Note4 16MP, but S6 Edge isn't sure yet.

the edge will be the same camera, it wouldn't make any sense for them to put a different camera. i just don't like how it protrudes so much.. guess that's the price you pay for phone to be thin while using better camera.

yusuf_fareed

Sep 18, 2013
The Picture you see below is a Note 4 leak image before launch. So read below.

I still feel this is a device made according to the leaks. Just like how they did for Note 4 last year.
Below is the image of the Note 4 Leaked before release. But that is not the Note 4 we are having currently.
So it might not be the actual device. But if it was the actual device then all the suspense Samsung has kept would be a waste.
But if it was totally different from all these devices, then Samsung has done well keeping their devices secretly before launch.

Attachments

• Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-Emerges-in-Close-Up-Photos-454466-2.jpg
    Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-Emerges-in-Close-Up-Photos-454466-2.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1,137

TheEndHK

Apr 25, 2011
the edge will be the same camera, it wouldn't make any sense for them to put a different camera. i just don't like how it protrudes so much.. guess that's the price you pay for phone to be thin while using better camera.

The 20MP ISOCell has mass production problem but not a problem to use on S6 Edge because it will be only produce in small volume. Nevertheless, I won't have money to get S6 Edge...lol...so not a problem to me, though Edge is cool but I also much prefer Sony sensor for its low light capability.

Seph32

Jun 14, 2009
Well seems Unbox Therapy has confirmed all these rumors were true.
- No removale battery
- More expensive than iPhone 6
- Starting at 32GB
- No Micro-SD

Alright I'm done with Samsung, their crappy Android overlay, TouchWizz which is filled with bloatware and now this. Samsung obviously doesn't cater towards Android geeks anymore but toward people who obviously don't care about these missing features or that dont know better. Samsung calls their new glass coated back "premium" HTC One would like to have a word but with you... Even HTC realised with the M8 it needed Micro-SD support, also M8 was around €700ish I don't expect M9 to be really more expensive. Samsung is making the same mistake as Google did with the Nexus 9.

Sad that my next phone won't have a gorgeous looking Super Amoled display, but all these compromises are not worth the phone anymore, HTC M9 here I come!

Last edited:

lopri

Jan 24, 2013
The camera protruding from the back is really ugly don't you thing???

I do not like the camera protruding but that is where the tech is. Samsung will have to fit an inferior sensor/lense to not have that hump. (Think of having to shove an eyeball into that thin body.. )

But I sort of agree and I do not like that white painting. Leaving bare metal trim without paint might have been better. We shall see.

OMG I was hopping for a completely different design of the S6 :(

Such as..? Triangle-shaped? Oval, maybe?

To me the phone looks sufficiently different from the previous S-series designs, while keeping its identity. I am curious what kind of design people envisaged. It is also confusing because some people at the same time say the phone looks like an iPhone, and I do not think it looks like an iPhone at all unless bottom-firing speaker grills are Apple's trademark or something.

I think these phones look great. Especially so if you consider the specs - Exynos 7420, 3GB DDR4, xxMP camera, and 2K AMOLED screen, 2600 mah battery, etc. They are super-dense packages packed with the latest techs.

Loss of removable battery and sd card slot sucks, but I am pretty sure Samsung will keep making phones with those. I think it is even possible that Samsung will have S6 "(active)" or whatever they might call later on with almost identical internals. But that phone will be thicker and not as sleek as these two in appearance. That is a trade-off we all know of.

Last edited:
Reactions: sirius100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't say where it's from but it's from AT&T directly. Obviously a prototype or test model and it says not for sale on the package. Obviously a Samsung phone, I was scared to play with it much but seems a glass back and front with metal on the sides. I apologize if this is being posted in the wrong section.
    And FYI, it boots although I booted one I had permission to do so on. I left the other alone, same model. Definitely glass back, feels solid as heck, runs android 5.0.2., no more finger swipe, just press like iPhone/iPad. This thread has gotten a bit out of hand. My fault, my curiosity has led to craziness. Im going to let others do the work going forward. Also, this IS the s6 whether you like it or not albeit not final version. I confirmed by turning the 2nd unit I got my hands on obviously. Pictures have not done this phone justice, it's actually pretty nice. It's weird, people complain about Samsung's build quality and point at HTC and Apple as examples of solid build quality, Samsung takes cues from them and they get ripped? I guess you can't make everyone happy. I'm fine without removable battery but the SD card being gone does piss me off..... To each their own, I know people are passionate about what they want or need. Anyways..... Voila