Internal/External SD Cards

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Just got my GS2 today and I must say this is the easiest phone I have rooted to date! I have been working my way around the OS and found that apps are not seeing my files on my External SD Card. Is there a way to sort of sync these? I guess I dont mean sync, but have apps search both internal and external storage for files? Take beautiful widgets, I have a ton of images on the ex sd card. When I launch the app to apply one of those images it looks in phone storage and gives no option to search the ex sd card.

Thanks

tool2269

Nov 28, 2007
Just got my GS2 today and I must say this is the easiest phone I have rooted to date! I have been working my way around the OS and found that apps are not seeing my files on my External SD Card. Is there a way to sort of sync these? I guess I dont mean sync, but have apps search both internal and external storage for files? Take beautiful widgets, I have a ton of images on the ex sd card. When I launch the app to apply one of those images it looks in phone storage and gives no option to search the ex sd card.

Thanks

easiest thing would to move everything to the internal sd card. i dont like how the phone sees SD card (internal) then from there i have to navigate to the folder called 'external sd' to look at my microSD files.

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
easiest thing would to move everything to the internal sd card. i dont like how the phone sees SD card (internal) then from there i have to navigate to the folder called 'external sd' to look at my microSD files.

Exactly, but what good is it to have an external card if the apps dont use it? If I have to move everything to the internal card, what can I put on the external card and be able to use/access? None of my apps recognize the external card, lol.

frifox

Oct 12, 2007
Portland, OR
i use my external sdcard for music & movie business and use the internal for everything else. i sync back & forth between pc & cell a lot so having a CLEAN (aka, none of those extra android folders) sdcard makes browsing and syncing much easier, cleaner, and organized. also, without that android bloat i can tell exactly how much goodies i have just by looking at the size of external sdcard :D

ps: external sdcard is more or less just a subdir on the internal sdcard.... its /sdcard/external_sd if i remember correctly.

Mr Ian B

Aug 3, 2010
I removed some movies from the internal memory but when i go to storage, the available free space is the same as when the movies where there. I held the movie file down and selected delete when the pop up menu came up.

Any suggestions to clear the inetrnal memory or do i need to format the usb storage which will delete everything from internal memory?

Thanks,

Ian B