Internal SD Card possibly corrupt

Search This thread

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
Hey guys,

I noticed that a couple of weeks ago, the apps I have installed on phone storage disappear after a few reboots. This happens on every ROM I have tried (currently on OrDroid 15)
After let's say the 3rd reboot, i notice there are less icons in the app drawer than there used to be. So i check my apps and under "all" the missing apps show up as "com.android.xyz" with an SD card symbol next to them.
To fix the issue is simple, I just have to reinstall the apps from the Play Store and all my data is conserved as well, but then I have to move the apps manually to the internal storage...
Could this be because of zipalign? Is my sd card corrupt? And how do I format it properly?

Thanks for your help guys :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Mount the sdcard inside the recovery as a usb mass storage device and copy all content to the pc (if possible) then unmount and format the sdcard in the mounts & storage menu (if you have cwm recovery) then copy back the content.

You can also format it and then mount it in the recovery and let a disk checking software scan the sdcard for errors !

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
Mount the sdcard inside the recovery as a usb mass storage device and copy all content to the pc (if possible) then unmount and format the sdcard in the mounts & storage menu (if you have cwm recovery) then copy back the content.

You can also format it and then mount it in the recovery and let a disk checking software scan the sdcard for errors !

That's what I did a few months ago, but the issue is still there. I even checked the file system for errors and nothing was corrupted according to the PC... I should have asked more clearly, is there a way to format rhe SD card from the PC? What file format should it be? FAT or NTFS?

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
Ok, formatted as FAT32 in Windows, wiped, reflashed OrDroid.
Apps were downloaded and a few were automatically installed on phone storage.
Rebooted to recovery, installed Lyapota Resources (for Sense 5 icons), wiped cache and Dalvik.
Rebooted, apps that were installed on phone storage are gone.... I can't believe this s***!!!! :mad:
I think it has something to do with either wiping cache/dalvik or with zipalign... :(

Reactions: athulele

athulele

Oct 11, 2011
Pune
Rebooted to recovery, installed Lyapota Resources (for Sense 5 icons), wiped cache and Dalvik.
Rebooted, apps that were installed on phone storage are gone.... I can't believe this s***!!!! :mad:
I think it has something to do with either wiping cache/dalvik or with zipalign... :(

Try on stock rom.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek

Did you try fixing permissions after all flashes?

Could be why your apps are gone after Icon Flash.

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
Did you try fixing permissions after all flashes?

Could be why your apps are gone after Icon Flash.

Yes, also tried that. I moved the apps that were originally installed on phone storage to internal storage, rebooted a few times, booted to recovery, wiped cache/dalvik, everything fine.
As soon as I move them back to phone storage, I rebooted a few times, booted to recovery again and wiped cache and dalvik. fixed permissions, rebooted, apps are gone...

As for stock ROM, I do not want to go back to stock, unless it is absolutely necessary :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone