• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Internal storage '/sdcard' unmounted [SOLVED!]

Search This thread
I am running the latest stock Oxygen OS version (11.2.10.10.LE15AA), rooted with Magisk. Somehow the internal /sdcard directory got unmounted and now I cannot save anything to the user storage because it doesn't exist. I could not even take screenshots because it saves by default to /sdcard/DCIM/Screenshots which doesn't exist now, so I apologize for having to take photos of a screen (the first is from terminal, the other 2 are from ES File Explorer). However, when I run "ls -la /" as superuser in a terminal window it lists sdcard. Does anyone know how to fix this? How do I re-mount /sdcard and get it recognized again?

Attachments

• 20211205_114950.jpg
    20211205_114950.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20211205_114916.jpg
    20211205_114916.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 18
  • 20211205_114851.jpg
    20211205_114851.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 17
I am running the latest stock Oxygen OS version (11.2.10.10.LE15AA), rooted with Magisk. Somehow the internal /sdcard directory got unmounted and now I cannot save anything to the user storage because it doesn't exist. I could not even take screenshots because it saves by default to /sdcard/DCIM/Screenshots which doesn't exist now, so I apologize for having to take photos of a screen (the first is from terminal, the other 2 are from ES File Explorer). However, when I run "ls -la /" as superuser in a terminal window it lists sdcard. Does anyone know how to fix this? How do I re-mount /sdcard and get it recognized again?
Try to reboot to recovery and factory reset

Fixed the /sdcard unmounted error!

What finally ended up working was flashing the Oxygen OS zip in TWRP and rebooting without root. I noticed my internal storage was restored along with all the files in it — but then when I rebooted to bootloader to re-root the device with a Magisk-patched boot.img (booting into Android once as temp root with "fastboot boot magisk_patched.img", then running the Magisk app and selecting "direct install" to patch boot.img for permanent root) the /sdcard unmounted error came back! So I disabled all the newer Magisk mods I had installed, rebooted, and I have /sdcard again along with root. Yay! Factory reset was going to be my next attempt if that didn't work though.

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed the /sdcard unmounted error!

What finally ended up working was flashing the Oxygen OS zip in TWRP and rebooting without root. I noticed my internal storage was restored along with all the files in it — but then when I rebooted to bootloader to re-root the device with a Magisk-patched boot.img (booting into Android once as temp root with "fastboot boot magisk_patched.img", then running the Magisk app and selecting "direct install" to patch boot.img for permanent root) the /sdcard unmounted error came back! So I disabled all the newer Magisk mods I had installed, rebooted, and I have /sdcard again along with root. Yay! Factory reset was going to be my next attempt if that didn't work though.