• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

International 4G on SM-G925P

Search This thread

georgedinu

Apr 5, 2015
Hi guys,

I have a white Galaxy S6 Edge 64 GB Sprint model, SM-G925P and lots of trouble. I did not buy it from Sprint, as I'm not from US, instead traded my black 32 GB SM-G925F for this model, which is the international model. Thought that 32 extra gigs would not hurt and that the white one would be less off a fingerprint magnet.
Unfortunately, during the trade, I did not pay attention to a very important aspect: mobile data. I checked voice calls, camera and wi-fi as well, thought that everything should be fine. Mobile data is available only while accesing the settings and does not show while sliding from the top of the phone for the control panel.
As I got home, I discovered afterwards that I cannot make the update from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 and that I cannot change the language from English to Romanian. The next day, I took the phone to a GSM service and they made the 5.1.1 update and mobile data work. I still can toggle it on/off only in the settings. The big issue is that I can use only 3G mobile data and that upsets me a lot. Of course, the guy that I made the trade with isn´t anymore to reach. Please let me know if I can do anything about 4G. I am really pissed off right now. Thank you very much!

mkalter

Mar 30, 2011
Winterswijk
Hi,

I'm also wondering if there's something possible. I already tried QPST and QXDM for enabling more bands but it didn't work. I guess it's something with the modem. Since the 925F uses a different chipset than the 925P it's not possible to use that one, but I found out that the G9250 has the same chipset as the G925P and supports an extreme amount of bands (more than the 925F). But since our bootloader is locked it's not possible to flash the modem. And even then there could be a lot of problems. So we have to enable the bands in the modem.bin. But that's quite hard and I still haven't found out how to do it, but it's our only hope. (G9250 Bands: http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=7836&c=samsung_sm-g9250_galaxy_s6_edge_td-lte_samsung_zero)

georgedinu

Apr 5, 2015
Thank you for your answer mkalter,
I am by no means a developer and never rooted a phone, but if there is any solution that won´t brick up the device, I'll gladly try it. It is very upsetting to know that I cannot use 4G on it just because a provider doesn´t want so. Had to learn the hard way to triple check a phone when trading it.