• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

International D855 Firmware "L" released

Search This thread

mccmjoon76

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009

jm2k7

Mar 7, 2011
Black Mesa :P
there's something I've noticed is that when you update via ota up to the last, the LG applications are maintained, as a calculator, remote control, etc.

But if you install a custom rom and go back to the last place kdz, the lg applications that come preinstalled on the system will disappear, and you have to download them from LG downloader every time you do a wipe stock.

"If so, there may be trouble ahead when updating via OTA."

I'll tell you what happened to me:

Just bought my phone, I had all stock, lg preinstalled applications, etc.
He has jumped four OTA up to the 10L, and have kept the LG apps. To verify if the LG applications are kept, I have done a wipe stock, and LG restart all applications on the desktop appear. This means that the LG apps are in system.

Now comes the problem:

While in the last 10L, perform root, bump, you install a custom rom "Cloudy3 v1.1", then back to the stock 10L, what is the surprise?

Goodbye LG applications, these are the ones that disappear:

Box
Calculator
Contact Favorites
Downloads
Backup LG
QuickMemo +
QuickRemote +
FM Radio
RemoteCall Service
SmartWorld
Task
ThinkFree Viewer

My question is there any way to flash a KDZ the "LG" apps are in the system folder.

It occurs to me: Make a downgrade kdz, containing the LG system applications. Make OTA again and ready.:silly::eek:

coolbouy

Nov 1, 2010
At last i received 10L update yesterday on middle east version of G3. Battery is much better now

Sent from my LG G3 using Rocket Launcher

kraven001

Jan 2, 2011
Craiova
10L is an improvement in performance and responsiveness without any noticeable battery "hit". The same happens with 10M.

I get inconsistent battery anyways but that is almost certainly due to apps not necessarily LGs software (sync stuff, network connectivity, etc.). If you have the option you should consider 10L, if battery still keeps to be bad a fresh install always helps with setting the slate clean (though it's inconvenient).

crni6

Sep 13, 2010
Any one notice that G3 get more wormer on 10L than 10h?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

OzBoy1

Dec 24, 2008
I have always found that it takes a day or two after updating before the system (especially battery) settles down.

Reactions: coolbouy

Top Liked Posts