International note 5 + T MOBILE

Search This thread

LiL_Assassin

Feb 19, 2012
Hey guys. This is going to a very weird question, I live in Australia and we honestly have the crappiest data plans ever. Is there anyone who can tell me if it's possible to buy a t mobile simcard and use it in Australia indefinitely. And what sort of data/plans you guys have.

Torridred04

I'm a manager only a few months in, but to my understanding you would be limited to 2G speeds. Our Simple Choice NA plans offer unlimited international usage for texting and data, but I'm fairly certain that data is limited to 2G speeds as we partner with carriers out there for our customer's usage and I was recently checking as I'll be out there visiting Melbourne for a couple weeks!

Reactions: LiL_Assassin

LiL_Assassin

Feb 19, 2012
I'm a manager only a few months in, but to my understanding you would be limited to 2G speeds. Our Simple Choice NA plans offer unlimited international usage for texting and data, but I'm fairly certain that data is limited to 2G speeds as we partner with carriers out there for our customer's usage and I was recently checking as I'll be out there visiting Melbourne for a couple weeks!

Ah fair enough, I'm not at all fussed about 4g but 3g would be a must. 2G out here is a little to slow, but how much would they cost? I'm trying to see if it would be worth doing

skusa93

Aug 25, 2007
California
Ah fair enough, I'm not at all fussed about 4g but 3g would be a must. 2G out here is a little to slow, but how much would they cost? I'm trying to see if it would be worth doing

You won't be able to use it indefinitely. There is a fair use clause in the contract that says you have to have the majority of your usage be in the US. They'd eventually cancel your number.

That being said, any Simple Choice plan will work. They all include unlimited data roaming and the only difference is the domestic data allotment. You'd be able to use the $50 plan in Australia.

Any calls to an Australian number would be $0.20 per minute and texts would be free.

LiL_Assassin

Feb 19, 2012
You won't be able to use it indefinitely. There is a fair use clause in the contract that says you have to have the majority of your usage be in the US. They'd eventually cancel your number.

That being said, any Simple Choice plan will work. They all include unlimited data roaming and the only difference is the domestic data allotment. You'd be able to use the $50 plan in Australia.

Any calls to an Australian number would be $0.20 per minute and texts would be free.

But don't I have to live in the US or use the majority of that in the US even with the simple choice? Since I can't call t mobile support. Is there an email or online chat I can send a message to, to take this further? I tried the website. But most of the options I needed, I needed to have a number first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.