European (C432) Mate 40 Pro native GMS for Google-login (non-root non-virtual) Euro-variant International [NOH-NX9]

Search This thread

mandrakur

Jun 4, 2009
Belgrade

Huawei Mate 40 Pro to be rebranded by TD Tech to possibly sell in the US.Maybe that Td tech(rebrended mate 40 pro) phone will have gms,lets wait and see if we have some benefits of it (for mate 40 pro global users).​

forgotten_jp

Oct 27, 2011
Emui 12 beta is started,and its not android is Harmony os lite.I find :
"Because Device+ and Distributed File System,EMUI12 is not based on Android. They are both features of Openharmony. We found there is Openharmony on EMUI12 already. Android doesn't support distributed abilities. Distributed system feature used Distributed Soft Bus/分åøƒå¼č½Æꀻēŗæ technology on Openharmony which ideas from Huawei hardware communication devices"in telegram group.Maybe will be way to sideload gms who wants to do, like in china model of mate 40 pro
Is there anyway to force the beta update. I saw online that has started in Germany. I tried with VPN and changing region but I wasn't able to get it work.

mandrakur

Jun 4, 2009
Belgrade
Is there anyway to force the beta update. I saw online that has started in Germany. I tried with VPN and changing region but I wasn't able to get it work.
I saw it too, actually I make new huawei Id for Germany region, and my huawei and location.... stil no new project for mate 40 pro, but can enyone confirmed that beta for mate 40 pro stared in Germany.I hope it will start soon.

Reactions: forgotten_jp

vzzoli

Apr 24, 2008
Budapest
I saw it too, actually I make new huawei Id for Germany region, and my huawei and location.... stil no new project for mate 40 pro, but can enyone confirmed that beta for mate 40 pro stared in Germany.I hope it will start soon.
I tried too in hungary with my mate 40 pro (noh-nx9) but it says no available beta program for this device. i think it depends on phone firmware's region not the user's. by this video's comment section Googlefier doesn't work on global versions of harmony os neither.

mandrakur

Jun 4, 2009
Belgrade
I tried too in hungary with my mate 40 pro (noh-nx9) but it says no available beta program for this device. i think it depends on phone firmware's region not the user's. by this video's comment section Googlefier doesn't work on global versions of harmony os neither.
I wait for hota update, for me changing region is working, logging for beta testers is over now I think or few hours left, this emui 12 is hybrid of aosp 11 and lite variant of harmony os, WI Wil get harmony os 3.0 when be ready for global users next summer. About gms i will try and report. I have everything what I nead working on my mate 40 pro, but I like to have gms to, I have gspace and f1 virtual masine installed but I don't use it to much. Vanced youtube, blue mail or outlook is all what I really need.

vzzoli

Apr 24, 2008
Budapest
I wait for hota update, for me changing region is working, logging for beta testers is over now I think or few hours left, this emui 12 is hybrid of aosp 11 and lite variant of harmony os, WI Wil get harmony os 3.0 when be ready for global users next summer. About gms i will try and report. I have everything what I nead working on my mate 40 pro, but I like to have gms to, I have gspace and f1 virtual masine installed but I don't use it to much. Vanced youtube, blue mail or outlook is all what I really need.
Thanks, i'm waiting for!

Edit: Which region did you set?

Last edited:

mandrakur

Jun 4, 2009
Belgrade
I made German ID only for beta testing I think that login to beta is over now, yesterday I got hota update, emui 12 looks great I only need some good theme, end will be great. In January will start regular updates to emui 12

I saw a video on YouTube how to convert an international mate 40 pro rom to the Chinese ROM. Requires quite a bit of flashing. Only then can we install GMS. Has anyone tried this? I am tempted.
Don't think this is possible, maybe it's a fake one. There are many to convert Chinese to global, but global to Chinese don't think it's possible...Kirin 9000 is not yet supported.

Last edited:

schumifer

Apr 15, 2007
Hello fellow mate 40 pro-ers!
Been messing around with the phone, coming from a mate 20 pro. Obviously quite hooked on google services, but have now 1.5 big problem.
About the gmail-ymail my little experience is that even is gmail works in gspace, i will not be getting any notifications. So i will be using a mail client where i have seen that at least for gmail the notifications work fine.
Any suggestions as to which mail client? I was thinking about avoiding petal

Now to the larger issue.
Calendar
Both i and the misses have a quite complicated schedule that keeps changing every other day. So we each add our schedule in respective google calendar and share calendar with one another.
Obviously, no way to do that natively in mate 40 pro.
Any smart way to keep using google calendar this way?
If not, is there any way to use another shared calendar service but one which syncs with at least one google calendar?

Thanks in advance

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
I use Yahoo mail with microG settings (for notifications) and Huawei mail (just to be there).
And Business calendar pro (paid version) for different events (for birthdays I use Birthdays app, wich sent events on Business calendar pro).

xchatter

Hello fellow mate 40 pro-ers!
Been messing around with the phone, coming from a mate 20 pro. Obviously quite hooked on google services, but have now 1.5 big problem.
About the gmail-ymail my little experience is that even is gmail works in gspace, i will not be getting any notifications. So i will be using a mail client where i have seen that at least for gmail the notifications work fine.
Any suggestions as to which mail client? I was thinking about avoiding petal

Now to the larger issue.
Calendar
Both i and the misses have a quite complicated schedule that keeps changing every other day. So we each add our schedule in respective google calendar and share calendar with one another.
Obviously, no way to do that natively in mate 40 pro.
Any smart way to keep using google calendar this way?
If not, is there any way to use another shared calendar service but one which syncs with at least one google calendar?

Thanks in advance
Try the following:

1. Install MicroG and set it up ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/i5fhkf )
2. Install BlueMail from AppGallery. Give permissions for contacts and calendar. It won't let you add GMail account because it will complain about not having a proper browser.
3. Install Samsung Browser(use petal search or get the apk from internet). Now you can add GMail account to BlueMail because Samsung Browser is a supported one.

Check if your gmail syncs(mails, calendar, everything).

I hope it works.

Reactions: schumifer

schumifer

Apr 15, 2007
Thanks, I had already done this and the notifications work in outlook mail app that I have tried. Apart from its widget being very mediocre it syncs mail perfectly so no problems there. The plus is that it even syncs to the Google calendar which was much needed.

Is there anyone who has tried casting to chromecast? Does not work even from gspace

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good for you, mate. Actually, some countries have their own banking apps that have contactless payments as well. Unfortunately, here in Australia, options are very limited. We basically are stuck with Apple, Google, Samsung, Garmin and Fitbit. Curve Pay only works in Europe, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, I didn't know that Curve Pay only works in Europe. Huawei Pay on the other hand still doesn't allow for the addition of debit cards which is very sad imo. Then yeah, I can see why you would like another solution.
    I will keep this post updated if working solutions are shared.

Native Solutions (with push notifications, location services, google login):
    • None so far. šŸ˜¢
    Virtual Machine environments:
    • Lighthouse (Only working for C636 region, not C432 euro-edition)
    • OurPlay (Chinese-only interface, but uses system languge for installed apps)
    • DualSpace (loses ability to install apps/updates after a day)
    • VMOS (old android v7, with virtual root and Xposed)
    • VPhoneGaGa (old Android v7, with virtual root)

Since many threads have confusion about methods which only work for Chinese version, please help confirm GMS installation methods for the international version, so we can test properly. Because Google apps are what many of our coworkers, colleagues, and friends use we unfortunately can't just abandon them. Therefore, only solutions that work with login to Google services (not just GMS but actual Google authentication, like for Gmail, Google Voice, YouTube Music, Meet, Chat, Maps, Calendar, Photos, etc.) will be accepted.

Apparently MicroG only works for apps which don't need to use Google login, has anyone found a real solution? Is there any downside to install Chinese firmware onto the phone (will OTA updates still work)? https://xdaforums.com/t/flashing-chinese-firmware-to-international-mate-40-pro-possible.4196699/

While we wait for the hackers and modders to work around Google's ban, let'sā€¦
    • Contact app developers about publishing to the Huawei AppGallery and share their replies
    • See how we can help figure out solutions
    • Share alternatives we are using to the Google(-dependent) services we have been locked in to (I will add best to this list)

Google Alternatives
    Hi guys,

I just tried OurPlay. Previously I wasn't able to use it because it required China region. This time it works fine. The menus are in Chinese but it works and it is far better than gspace or dual space. At least for me the others are very unstable and also location was a problem but with OurPlay everything seems fine for now.
    I don't know what they changed to allow usage with other regions but I advise you to try it!
    Good luck. :)
    Donā€™t worry, wait patiently, there will be good news soon
    Added services for this video. The file is taken from the 4pda forum. Optimized for huawei ads removed
    I read in a video posted on youtube that a chinese app ourplay its like a chinese version of playstore installs gms for emui 11.

Tried installing the app the only problem is it you can only use the app with a china IP address so i couldnt fully verify if it works or not.

Anybody wanna try for mate 40 international phones?

Installer can be downloaded on their site ourplay.net
    Change your phone language in Chinese and it will work.
    the app works when you change language to Chinese? or are you talking about the website?

I just tested this. The app doesn't work for anything requiring a Google login (e.g. Gmail doesn't open at all). The OurPlay app "works" if you set and keep your device's language to Chinese, but if you change it back, it gives you the error again.

This is a non-starter because when it "Installs" GMS for the Google Play Store, it is a separate environment and any apps you install through there do not show up on your homescreen or in your Android settings which show you the list of apps installed on your device. You cannot access the apps installed through this Play Store unless you open through the OurPlay app, so you can only use them if they don't require Google authentication AND you keep your phone in Chinese.

For this reason I do not think this qualifies as a solution and I am not adding it to the original post. Let's keep trying and pushing more to support the Huawei AppGallery.