International-only [NOH-NX9] Mate 40 Pro native GMS (non-root non-virtual) for Google-login

Search This thread
Feb 7, 2022
Oppo F1s
I don't have any root (Huawei hasn't given you the bootloader code for several years), and microG is functional ... can be uninstalled at any time ... no custom rom ... what are you talking about ?
Screenshot_2022-06-09-07-01-02-99.png

this method won't work
this is what i mean

schumifer

Apr 15, 2007
STOP trying to log in to your account via microG
It does NOT work. THat has been discussed previously, known for at least half a year or so, probably much longer.
Yet, microG delivers on its main purpose, notifications.

Reactions: Tankarddd

bohcho

Jan 4, 2011
tryavna
Hello, how I can install wear app I wish to connect my fossil gen 5.
Chines version didn't work out of chines , gspace crash whit wear app?
Any help please.

schumifer

Apr 15, 2007
Anyone left in here? Changed the case yesterday and thought i would check for any updates. System updates keep coming. A few apps still refuse to work with microG notifications but most do, even if not always on time. Interestingly almost all gspace notifications come through!

One thing i still hwve figured out is how to get the chromecast to work. I connect to the chromecast, i can have the anbient mode show my pictures but i cannot directly send photos or videos...

Any ideas?

AlbertAdams

Apr 19, 2021
Alas after sticking it out for 2 years, I have given up, smashed my Mate 40 Pro and got myself a different phone with google play services on!

darkmarket

Dec 5, 2020
Hi, Gspace Premium not Ads (sorry for me english)

1.- Download GspaceVIP2.0.4.zip in Mobile , https://www.mediafire.com/file/0q616ptb8ilsw17/GspaceVIP2.0.4.zip/file
2.- Extract to FIle. and open Folder.

Install apk step by sstep.

1.- Install Gspace but no open App.
2.- install shortcut maker but no open App.
3.- Install SAI but no open App.

Go to Setting of Huawei , Find apps--> apps--> Find Gspace and apply all permission ( all time). Go back find app overlay clik ok, and system write settings clik OK. Exit Setting of Huawei

2. find app shortcutmaker and Open
- click OK, click menu History
- find 3 points and select restore. find folder gspacevip2.0.4 and select file shortcuts.smf and exit app.

Go to Widgets of Huawei find shortcutmaker--->history---> select icon Appstore--->click Create Shortcut---Exit app---exit windgets NO OPEN PlayStore shorcut.

3.- OPEN Gspace Begin.

Delete All Apps of Gspace but not Google play Store.
Click icon + (clone) find select SAI App click clone.

4. IN Gspace.

select SAI and click Install APKS and click file system find folder GspaceVIP2.0.4 install FrameWork.apk. Next install com.android.vending.apk.

Please View VIDEO MINUTE 15:32.

sai apps is what?

_4279

May 8, 2018
I will keep this post updated if working solutions are shared.

Native Solutions (with push notifications, location services, google login):
  • None so far. 😢
Virtual Machine environments:
  • OurPlay (Chinese-only interface, but uses system languge for installed apps)
  • DualSpace (loses ability to install apps/updates after a day)
  • VMOS (old android v7, with virtual root and Xposed)
  • VPhoneGaGa (old Android v7, with virtual root)

Since many threads have confusion about methods which only work for Chinese version, please help confirm GMS installation methods for the international version, so we can test properly. Because Google apps are what many of our coworkers, colleagues, and friends use we unfortunately can't just abandon them. Therefore, only solutions that work with login to Google services (not just GMS but actual Google authentication, like for Gmail, Google Voice, YouTube Music, Meet, Chat, Maps, Calendar, Photos, etc.) will be accepted.

Apparently MicroG only works for apps which don't need to use Google login, has anyone found a real solution? Is there any downside to install Chinese firmware onto the phone (will OTA updates still work)? https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...o-international-mate-40-pro-possible.4196699/

While we wait for the hackers and modders to work around Google's ban, let's…
  • Contact app developers about publishing to the Huawei AppGallery and share their replies
  • See how we can help figure out solutions
  • Share alternatives we are using to the Google(-dependent) services we have been locked in to (I will add best to this list)

Google Alternatives
Please refer to this post

Above post provides installing GMS

I had two Mate 40 Pro,
just did it on my first one, one try success

The other international version Mate 40 Pro NOH NX9 does require a DOWNGRADE (regardless of what the instructions said) because the android security patch banned the 谷歌服务助手
I am still working on downgrading firmware

Last edited:

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
If you have EMUI, then no chance, Huawei unfortunately closed the OS and there is 0 to no chance that we'll be ever able to install directly GMS on this devices....The ones from China are not OK to be used in Europe
In what way? I know you can install GMS over Harmony OS but I also know Google Pay will not work despite everything else will work if GMS installed over Harmony OS.

xchatter

Hi guys,

In case you haven't tried the latest solution for google(gms) for EMUI devices-> The LightHouse app but it seems to be available only in Malaysia region AppGallery. I am sharing it in case you are not in this region.
1. Install the app
2. Add your account
3. Download some google apk like YouTube or Maps from PetalSearch or ApkPure.
4. Do they work?

I don't have a Huawei device right now so I can't test this but there are some videos showing good results.
Hopefully this helps someone. If not, sorry. :)

P.S.
This seems to be something like MicroG, some spoofed GMS.

Attachments

• com.google.android.gms.apk
    19.7 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Reactions: schumifer

funkyfrood

Nov 5, 2022
I just tried Lighthouse on my NOH-NX9 this morning. It does appear to be a modified MicroG. After installing, I was able to log in to my Google account through Lighthouse, but the account didn't appear inside Google apps. Drive, Photos, etc. did not recognize the account and I was unable to sync from Account Settings. Cloud messaging also didn't work (apps didn't register automatically like they do with regular MicroG.) Nothing improved after selecting "device spoofing" and re-registering as a Moto or Nexus phone.

The Mate 40 Pro is not on the list of Lighthouse-supported devices so none of this was surprising to me. Maybe support will be added later. For now I'm going to reinstall stock MicroG and keep using GSpace.

forgotten_jp

Oct 27, 2011
I just tried Lighthouse on my NOH-NX9 this morning. It does appear to be a modified MicroG. After installing, I was able to log in to my Google account through Lighthouse, but the account didn't appear inside Google apps. Drive, Photos, etc. did not recognize the account and I was unable to sync from Account Settings. Cloud messaging also didn't work (apps didn't register automatically like they do with regular MicroG.) Nothing improved after selecting "device spoofing" and re-registering as a Moto or Nexus phone.

The Mate 40 Pro is not on the list of Lighthouse-supported devices so none of this was surprising to me. Maybe support will be added later. For now I'm going to reinstall stock MicroG and keep using GSpace.
Same on me, the only difference it's that I managed to register apps reinstalling them.

But the account is not recognized

Reactions: schumifer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi guys,

In case you haven't tried the latest solution for google(gms) for EMUI devices-> The LightHouse app but it seems to be available only in Malaysia region AppGallery. I am sharing it in case you are not in this region.
    1. Install the app
    2. Add your account
    3. Download some google apk like YouTube or Maps from PetalSearch or ApkPure.
    4. Do they work?

I don't have a Huawei device right now so I can't test this but there are some videos showing good results.
    Hopefully this helps someone. If not, sorry. :)

P.S.
    This seems to be something like MicroG, some spoofed GMS.

Same on me, the only difference it's that I managed to register apps reinstalling them.

But the account is not recognized
    Ok guys, too bad. :/
    Here is one more option you can try -> GBOX https://www.gboxlab.com/
    This is basically similar to GSPACE but it doesn't have ads and people report that it works better(more stable). You can give it a go if you like.
    I will keep this post updated if working solutions are shared.

Native Solutions (with push notifications, location services, google login):
    • None so far. 😢
    Virtual Machine environments:
    • OurPlay (Chinese-only interface, but uses system languge for installed apps)
    • DualSpace (loses ability to install apps/updates after a day)
    • VMOS (old android v7, with virtual root and Xposed)
    • VPhoneGaGa (old Android v7, with virtual root)

Since many threads have confusion about methods which only work for Chinese version, please help confirm GMS installation methods for the international version, so we can test properly. Because Google apps are what many of our coworkers, colleagues, and friends use we unfortunately can't just abandon them. Therefore, only solutions that work with login to Google services (not just GMS but actual Google authentication, like for Gmail, Google Voice, YouTube Music, Meet, Chat, Maps, Calendar, Photos, etc.) will be accepted.

Apparently MicroG only works for apps which don't need to use Google login, has anyone found a real solution? Is there any downside to install Chinese firmware onto the phone (will OTA updates still work)? https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...o-international-mate-40-pro-possible.4196699/

While we wait for the hackers and modders to work around Google's ban, let's…
    • Contact app developers about publishing to the Huawei AppGallery and share their replies
    • See how we can help figure out solutions
    • Share alternatives we are using to the Google(-dependent) services we have been locked in to (I will add best to this list)

Google Alternatives
    Hi guys,

I just tried OurPlay. Previously I wasn't able to use it because it required China region. This time it works fine. The menus are in Chinese but it works and it is far better than gspace or dual space. At least for me the others are very unstable and also location was a problem but with OurPlay everything seems fine for now.
    I don't know what they changed to allow usage with other regions but I advise you to try it!
    Good luck. :)
    Don’t worry, wait patiently, there will be good news soon
    Added services for this video. The file is taken from the 4pda forum. Optimized for huawei ads removed
    I read in a video posted on youtube that a chinese app ourplay its like a chinese version of playstore installs gms for emui 11.

Tried installing the app the only problem is it you can only use the app with a china IP address so i couldnt fully verify if it works or not.

Anybody wanna try for mate 40 international phones?

Installer can be downloaded on their site ourplay.net
    Change your phone language in Chinese and it will work.
    the app works when you change language to Chinese? or are you talking about the website?

I just tested this. The app doesn't work for anything requiring a Google login (e.g. Gmail doesn't open at all). The OurPlay app "works" if you set and keep your device's language to Chinese, but if you change it back, it gives you the error again.

This is a non-starter because when it "Installs" GMS for the Google Play Store, it is a separate environment and any apps you install through there do not show up on your homescreen or in your Android settings which show you the list of apps installed on your device. You cannot access the apps installed through this Play Store unless you open through the OurPlay app, so you can only use them if they don't require Google authentication AND you keep your phone in Chinese.

For this reason I do not think this qualifies as a solution and I am not adding it to the original post. Let's keep trying and pushing more to support the Huawei AppGallery.