• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

International-only [NOH-NX9] Mate 40 Pro native GMS (non-root non-virtual) for Google-login

Search This thread

vzzoli

Apr 24, 2008
Budapest
I don't really know the structure of firmware, so sorry if i'm wrong, but logically it must be an easier solution. If the lzplay works on EMUI 11-10 downgraded P40 pro with locked bootloader then i think the difference must be in a user accessible layer of firmware. The method works on chinese EMUI11 Mate 40 pro, so it doesn't seem to be an EMUI version related restriction. I can image it is only a flag somewhere around the user right management but it would be too easy. :)

forgotten_jp

Oct 27, 2011
I don't know if it's new, but ourplay show me some things in English now... Previously it was only on chinese I think.
Screenshot_20210716_155110_com.excean.gspace.jpg

Jakevot

Jul 22, 2021
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
hello mate's. I'm new here. i have NOH-NX9 (really great phone).
mos of apps are available thur Huawei appstore and the ones which are not thru APKPURE.
the only thing which i despate need is: on whatsapp i need to make every week a backup to be saved on my google disc ( i dont need google stroe to be working, not google maps, just a backup to be saved from my whatsapp on my google disc).
anyone can tell me if thats possible? if so how to do that (i know i can copy files or whole folder of whatsapp from my phone to my computer / google disc but i really need to be able to do that from my phone. i have whatsapp installed and perfectly working direct from Emui11 without dualsspace, gspace, vphonegaga or ourplays but thru these apps i would need to register whatsapp thru one of these apps but than i would loose my whole histury which i cannot accept at all.
appreciate for feedback

djrush

Dec 14, 2008
Can anybody try this on a international mate 40 pro if it works?

It is on Harmony Os but maybe it works also on Emui 11.

I have a P40 pro whit Google. I can not try this.

forgotten_jp

Oct 27, 2011
Can anybody try this on a international mate 40 pro if it works?

It is on Harmony Os but maybe it works also on Emui 11.

I have a P40 pro whit Google. I can not try this.

I tried and i was able to restore de old back up app and LZplay, but the last one did not worked like on the video.

It show me only a message that i asume say that it was not compatible

forgotten_jp

Oct 27, 2011
With the old back up app, i was able to use googlefier that "installed" the the google services, but it didn´t recognize the G account and every app related to G services force close on launch.

Then I tried with some GSM FIX files that i found online, but it happen the same.

I assume that it is related to access permissions something like SU.

If i´m not mistaken the domestic software has some "backdoors" that are used by LZplay.

zx1981

Jul 1, 2019

Stock Firmware Information​

• Device Supported: Huawei Mate 40 Pro
  • Model: NOH-NX9
  • Android OS: 11
  • User interface (UI): EMUI 11
  • Processor: Kirin 9000 5G
  • File: Software Update
  • Gapps File: Included
Doesn't this mean Google Apps installed for the new firmware?

kxra

Jun 27, 2016
Still having issues with OurPlay:
  • won't let me install Google (so I can't get to my Google Podcasts subscriptions). Sometimes it installs but disappears quickly
  • Duo doesn't let you log in
  • VIP subscription can't be purchased with non-Chinese credit card (so you can't copy apps to main OS)

Has anyone gotten around any of these?
Now the play store and many google apps like Voice just close immediately, so I'm without a phone number again.

Stock Firmware Information​

• Device Supported: Huawei Mate 40 Pro
  • Model: NOH-NX9
  • Android OS: 11
  • User interface (UI): EMUI 11
  • Processor: Kirin 9000 5G
  • File: Software Update
  • Gapps File: Included
Doesn't this mean Google Apps installed for the new firmware?
If that did work, would it still get OTA firmware updates?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will keep this post updated if working solutions are shared.

Native Solutions (with push notifications, location services, google login):
    • None so far. 😢
    Virtual Machine environments:
    • OurPlay (Chinese-only interface, but uses system languge for installed apps)
    • DualSpace (loses ability to install apps/updates after a day)
    • VMOS (old android v7, with virtual root and Xposed)
    • VPhoneGaGa (old Android v7, with virtual root)

Since many threads have confusion about methods which only work for Chinese version, please help confirm GMS installation methods for the international version, so we can test properly. Because Google apps are what many of our coworkers, colleagues, and friends use we unfortunately can't just abandon them. Therefore, only solutions that work with login to Google services (not just GMS but actual Google authentication, like for Gmail, Google Voice, YouTube Music, Meet, Chat, Maps, Calendar, Photos, etc.) will be accepted.

Apparently MicroG only works for apps which don't need to use Google login, has anyone found a real solution? Is there any downside to install Chinese firmware onto the phone (will OTA updates still work)? https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...o-international-mate-40-pro-possible.4196699/

While we wait for the hackers and modders to work around Google's ban, let's…
    • Contact app developers about publishing to the Huawei AppGallery and share their replies
    • See how we can help figure out solutions
    • Share alternatives we are using to the Google(-dependent) services we have been locked in to (I will add best to this list)

Google Alternatives
    Hi guys,

I just tried OurPlay. Previously I wasn't able to use it because it required China region. This time it works fine. The menus are in Chinese but it works and it is far better than gspace or dual space. At least for me the others are very unstable and also location was a problem but with OurPlay everything seems fine for now.
    I don't know what they changed to allow usage with other regions but I advise you to try it!
    Good luck. :)
    Don’t worry, wait patiently, there will be good news soon
    Added services for this video. The file is taken from the 4pda forum. Optimized for huawei ads removed
    I read in a video posted on youtube that a chinese app ourplay its like a chinese version of playstore installs gms for emui 11.

Tried installing the app the only problem is it you can only use the app with a china IP address so i couldnt fully verify if it works or not.

Anybody wanna try for mate 40 international phones?

Installer can be downloaded on their site ourplay.net
    Change your phone language in Chinese and it will work.
    the app works when you change language to Chinese? or are you talking about the website?

I just tested this. The app doesn't work for anything requiring a Google login (e.g. Gmail doesn't open at all). The OurPlay app "works" if you set and keep your device's language to Chinese, but if you change it back, it gives you the error again.

This is a non-starter because when it "Installs" GMS for the Google Play Store, it is a separate environment and any apps you install through there do not show up on your homescreen or in your Android settings which show you the list of apps installed on your device. You cannot access the apps installed through this Play Store unless you open through the OurPlay app, so you can only use them if they don't require Google authentication AND you keep your phone in Chinese.

For this reason I do not think this qualifies as a solution and I am not adding it to the original post. Let's keep trying and pushing more to support the Huawei AppGallery.