• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

International-only [NOH-NX9] Mate 40 Pro native GMS (non-root non-virtual) for Google-login

Search This thread

kxra

Jun 27, 2016
Hey did you notice some problems with Ourplay?
Since a few days, my app can not launch any apps (even Play Store)

Yes I did notice the same problems. Look for this option I mentioned

It looks like there's a one-click magic recovery in OurPlay settings that got me back into a usable state, but still not ideal

OurPlay → My → Settings → "One click repair kit"

Then close the app and re-open

I am a little confused. Is this thread now obsolete?

I have just returned my Mate40 pro so can’t test but found how to install Google services. It is possible to update to HarmonyOS I think either automatically depending which country you are in or by joining the beta program (yt video shows an app in the Huawei store that lets you do this). After that this guide should work -
- has anyone tried it yet?

kxra

Jun 27, 2016
It is possible to update to HarmonyOS I think either automatically depending which country you are in or by joining the beta program (yt video shows an app in the Huawei store that lets you do this)
I don't see any app in the video to help get HarmonyOS on the international m40pro, do you know what it is called?

There's this thread but nobody has an answer yet:

Last edited:

kickyou

Aug 28, 2007
There are not many articles on the Internet regarding sideloading GMS on the mate40 Pro - all I know at this stage it does work on the Chinese version on the device - I have tried it on a P40 pro and downgraded the firmware - it took me two days but I did get it to work. Also there is no information if android auto works with the sideloading of gms - I can confirm it does but a little buggy - also Maps randomly crashes at times. I got rid of my p40 pro and did buy the mate40 Pro - I couldn't side load it on the international version of the device and gave it back. Overtime, if I cannot get gms sideloaded in the future, I believe Xiaomi will fill the vacuum that Huawei left. But some say to stay away from Chinese manufacturers as they may go down the same route as Huawei.
P40 pro can be downgraded and install google well. I just tried in my p40 pro plus international model.

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
On P40 pro you can install GMS.
BUT here we are on Mate40 pro topic, and on Mate40 pro GMS can't be installed.
On P40 pro you can install GMS only on EMUI 10; Mate40 pro came with EMUI 11, and for this version we didn't find yet a solution for installing GMS.

Last edited:

kickyou

Aug 28, 2007
On P40 pro you can install GMS.
BUT here we are on Mate40 pro topic, and on Mate40 pro GMS can't be installed.
On P40 pro you can install GMS only on EMUI 10; Mate40 pro came with EMUI 11, and for this version we didn't find yet a solution for installing GMS.
Yes, you got the point. it is not possible to install GMS on EMUI 11 so far. Let's wait for harmonyOS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will keep this post updated if working solutions are shared.

Native Solutions (with push notifications, location services, google login):
    • None so far. 😢
    Virtual Machine environments:
    • OurPlay (Chinese-only interface, but uses system languge for installed apps)
    • DualSpace (loses ability to install apps/updates after a day)
    • VMOS (old android v7, with virtual root and Xposed)
    • VPhoneGaGa (old Android v7, with virtual root)

Since many threads have confusion about methods which only work for Chinese version, please help confirm GMS installation methods for the international version, so we can test properly. Because Google apps are what many of our coworkers, colleagues, and friends use we unfortunately can't just abandon them. Therefore, only solutions that work with login to Google services (not just GMS but actual Google authentication, like for Gmail, Google Voice, YouTube Music, Meet, Chat, Maps, Calendar, Photos, etc.) will be accepted.

Apparently MicroG only works for apps which don't need to use Google login, has anyone found a real solution? Is there any downside to install Chinese firmware onto the phone (will OTA updates still work)? https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...o-international-mate-40-pro-possible.4196699/

While we wait for the hackers and modders to work around Google's ban, let's…
    • Contact app developers about publishing to the Huawei AppGallery and share their replies
    • See how we can help figure out solutions
    • Share alternatives we are using to the Google(-dependent) services we have been locked in to (I will add best to this list)

Google Alternatives
    Hi guys,

I just tried OurPlay. Previously I wasn't able to use it because it required China region. This time it works fine. The menus are in Chinese but it works and it is far better than gspace or dual space. At least for me the others are very unstable and also location was a problem but with OurPlay everything seems fine for now.
    I don't know what they changed to allow usage with other regions but I advise you to try it!
    Good luck. :)
    Don’t worry, wait patiently, there will be good news soon
    Added services for this video. The file is taken from the 4pda forum. Optimized for huawei ads removed
    I read in a video posted on youtube that a chinese app ourplay its like a chinese version of playstore installs gms for emui 11.

Tried installing the app the only problem is it you can only use the app with a china IP address so i couldnt fully verify if it works or not.

Anybody wanna try for mate 40 international phones?

Installer can be downloaded on their site ourplay.net
    Change your phone language in Chinese and it will work.
    the app works when you change language to Chinese? or are you talking about the website?

I just tested this. The app doesn't work for anything requiring a Google login (e.g. Gmail doesn't open at all). The OurPlay app "works" if you set and keep your device's language to Chinese, but if you change it back, it gives you the error again.

This is a non-starter because when it "Installs" GMS for the Google Play Store, it is a separate environment and any apps you install through there do not show up on your homescreen or in your Android settings which show you the list of apps installed on your device. You cannot access the apps installed through this Play Store unless you open through the OurPlay app, so you can only use them if they don't require Google authentication AND you keep your phone in Chinese.

For this reason I do not think this qualifies as a solution and I am not adding it to the original post. Let's keep trying and pushing more to support the Huawei AppGallery.