European (C432) Mate 40 Pro native GMS for Google-login (non-root non-virtual) Euro-variant International [NOH-NX9]

Search This thread
Jun 24, 2008
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
I am quoting a comment found on this thread, but it is simple and straightforward.
You can do the following:
1. Perform a factory reset of the phone.
2. Install Services Core.
3. Install Services Framework Proxy.
4. Install the FakeStore.
5. Open the Microg Settings app. Grant it all permissions and disable battery optimizations.
5.1 Add your Google account.
5.2 Turn on Device Registration, Cloud Messaging and SafetyNet.
5.3 Restart your phone.
6. Open Microg Settings app, check the status under Cloud Messaging. If it says not connected enter the following in the phone app: *#*#2432546#*#* and restart your phone. Check the status again - it should say Connected. (I had to enter the phone string and restart my phone twice until it said connected).
I had same issue it seems there is conflict between microg framework and gspace Google app store. I Uninstalled micro g framework and gspace Google app store works again. Note that I only keep micro g notification module.

BiOMeX

Sep 7, 2016
Saint Petersburg
Hey for the guys which install OurPlay, I can install the apps, but I can't find the app installed on the main page of OurPlay
Screenshot_20210609_114042_com.excean.gspace.jpg

Last edited:

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
Have you tried Maps normaly, not in VMOS ??
From some time now, Maps are working well (installed normaly; I have Mate40 pro); if you need to use it with Gmail account logging, you can use Ourplay (working perfect).
It was a time when I used 10.49.3, the single version wich was function right.
Now I have 10.72.2; working fine, except Gmail login.

kxra

Jun 27, 2016
Still having issues with OurPlay:
  • won't let me install Google (so I can't get to my Google Podcasts subscriptions). Sometimes it installs but disappears quickly
  • Duo doesn't let you log in
  • VIP subscription can't be purchased with non-Chinese credit card (so you can't copy apps to main OS)

Has anyone gotten around any of these?

foosoomin

Oct 1, 2007
i just saw this thread.

Mine is global variant Singapore version :)

Base Software Version:
NOH-LGRP2-OVS 11.0.0.179

Cust Software Version:
NOH-N29-CUST 11.0.0.6 (C636)

Preload Software Version:
NOH-N29-PRELOAD 11.0.0.1 (C636R4)

kxra

Jun 27, 2016
Still having issues with OurPlay:
  • won't let me install Google (so I can't get to my Google Podcasts subscriptions). Sometimes it installs but disappears quickly
  • Duo doesn't let you log in
  • VIP subscription can't be purchased with non-Chinese credit card (so you can't copy apps to main OS)

Has anyone gotten around any of these?

And now the ability to add multiple Google accounts forces you to disable some kind of security setting in your SMS application…but in my SMS application this setting doesn't even exist!

forgotten_jp

Oct 27, 2011
Hello, is Android auto working on mate 40 pro? I would like to buy this device but idk if it's compatible with car infotainment..
I've been able to install android auto on ourplay and it's working sort of because doesn't recognize the infotainment unit.

I've been using it on the phone screen and launched with Bluetooth pair

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710_221716_com.excean.gspace.jpg
    Screenshot_20210710_221716_com.excean.gspace.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 36
I've been able to install android auto on ourplay and it's working sort of because doesn't recognize the infotainment unit.

I've been using it on the phone screen and launched with Bluetooth pair
Thanks for the feedback, so I need to pass this until another solution it s found... I really need it on my Headunit, so that s why I m afraid to buy it..

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
Have you tried a factory reset ??
I'm using (most of the time) Aurora store, without problems (fast download, fast install).
Sometimes, some apps need to be uninstalled and reinstalled, when I try to update them it sais something about old version is incompatible with the new one ...

Hey, for me, I have some problems to install apps. For example : Dowload is very slow, installations doesn'work sometimes (stuck to installing...).
I'm starting to give up with this phone...
Go with P40 pro, it's a much better choice...You can install directly gms by downgrading the firmware, this thing it's not possible on mate 40 pro, and that's a shame.. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good for you, mate. Actually, some countries have their own banking apps that have contactless payments as well. Unfortunately, here in Australia, options are very limited. We basically are stuck with Apple, Google, Samsung, Garmin and Fitbit. Curve Pay only works in Europe, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, I didn't know that Curve Pay only works in Europe. Huawei Pay on the other hand still doesn't allow for the addition of debit cards which is very sad imo. Then yeah, I can see why you would like another solution.
    I will keep this post updated if working solutions are shared.

Native Solutions (with push notifications, location services, google login):
    • None so far. 😢
    Virtual Machine environments:
    • Lighthouse (Only working for C636 region, not C432 euro-edition)
    • OurPlay (Chinese-only interface, but uses system languge for installed apps)
    • DualSpace (loses ability to install apps/updates after a day)
    • VMOS (old android v7, with virtual root and Xposed)
    • VPhoneGaGa (old Android v7, with virtual root)

Since many threads have confusion about methods which only work for Chinese version, please help confirm GMS installation methods for the international version, so we can test properly. Because Google apps are what many of our coworkers, colleagues, and friends use we unfortunately can't just abandon them. Therefore, only solutions that work with login to Google services (not just GMS but actual Google authentication, like for Gmail, Google Voice, YouTube Music, Meet, Chat, Maps, Calendar, Photos, etc.) will be accepted.

Apparently MicroG only works for apps which don't need to use Google login, has anyone found a real solution? Is there any downside to install Chinese firmware onto the phone (will OTA updates still work)? https://xdaforums.com/t/flashing-chinese-firmware-to-international-mate-40-pro-possible.4196699/

While we wait for the hackers and modders to work around Google's ban, let's…
    • Contact app developers about publishing to the Huawei AppGallery and share their replies
    • See how we can help figure out solutions
    • Share alternatives we are using to the Google(-dependent) services we have been locked in to (I will add best to this list)

Google Alternatives
    Hi guys,

I just tried OurPlay. Previously I wasn't able to use it because it required China region. This time it works fine. The menus are in Chinese but it works and it is far better than gspace or dual space. At least for me the others are very unstable and also location was a problem but with OurPlay everything seems fine for now.
    I don't know what they changed to allow usage with other regions but I advise you to try it!
    Good luck. :)
    Don’t worry, wait patiently, there will be good news soon
    Added services for this video. The file is taken from the 4pda forum. Optimized for huawei ads removed
    I read in a video posted on youtube that a chinese app ourplay its like a chinese version of playstore installs gms for emui 11.

Tried installing the app the only problem is it you can only use the app with a china IP address so i couldnt fully verify if it works or not.

Anybody wanna try for mate 40 international phones?

Installer can be downloaded on their site ourplay.net
    Change your phone language in Chinese and it will work.
    the app works when you change language to Chinese? or are you talking about the website?

I just tested this. The app doesn't work for anything requiring a Google login (e.g. Gmail doesn't open at all). The OurPlay app "works" if you set and keep your device's language to Chinese, but if you change it back, it gives you the error again.

This is a non-starter because when it "Installs" GMS for the Google Play Store, it is a separate environment and any apps you install through there do not show up on your homescreen or in your Android settings which show you the list of apps installed on your device. You cannot access the apps installed through this Play Store unless you open through the OurPlay app, so you can only use them if they don't require Google authentication AND you keep your phone in Chinese.

For this reason I do not think this qualifies as a solution and I am not adding it to the original post. Let's keep trying and pushing more to support the Huawei AppGallery.