• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question International ROM for XIAOXIN PAD PRO 2021 unlikely?

Search This thread

SomeOneX

May 13, 2012
Sadly I can not tell you that. The shop offers this Global Rom (including Google Playstore) as an option. I know the shop. Have ordered there many times. But I don't know where they got this ROM from either.

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Interesting. I mean my pad has updated fine. Disney+ and Netflix in FHD. I'm pretty happy with it now.
I guess it would be useful for none english speaking countries.

The only thing its lacking now is FHD Prime and Dolby Vision Approval for netflix, both of which wont be happening.

I looked at the Samsung Tab S7+ and even that doesn't support HDR in Disney Plus.

tsoureki

Interesting. I mean my pad has updated fine. Disney+ and Netflix in FHD. I'm pretty happy with it now.
I guess it would be useful for none english speaking countries.

The only thing its lacking now is FHD Prime and Dolby Vision Approval for netflix, both of which wont be happening.

I looked at the Samsung Tab S7+ and even that doesn't support HDR in Disney Plus.
All fine with the L1? Is it safe to update? How is ram management with zui? Is 6gb enough?

sakun-ice

Nov 10, 2012
Banggood now ships the tablet with international rom. I am waiting to receive mine. I don't know where they find an international rom 😂
It's so difficult to find a Lenovo rom 😂
It is important to clarify that a global version is not an international version. The version that Banggood is shipping is a global version with Playstore installed but it does not have OTA support. Likewise, can you write here when the tablet arrives? To clarify everything.

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
My version from Giztop came with play store and has done OTA updates no problem.
I'm actually really happy with it now. It's not something I'd recommend to people that aren't fairly tech savy though.

fazioso

Jul 2, 2011
sorry guys.... im interested.....
id like to buy from banghood....im from eu .... and they assured me that the iva and duties has already pay in advance..... can i trust them?
cause 400 euro for tablet is a lot.... and i dont want to add another 100 in tax....

also banghood sell global versione as it seems?

thanks

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
sorry guys.... im interested.....
id like to buy from banghood....im from eu .... and they assured me that the iva and duties has already pay in advance..... can i trust them?
cause 400 euro for tablet is a lot.... and i dont want to add another 100 in tax....

also banghood sell global versione as it seems?

thanks
I purchased from Giztop to the UK and paid for the top shipping. There was no import duty.
If you need it in another language than English just get it from there. You can get 2% off (which helps with postage) if you sign up for the news letter.

I can't help with bangood. I have no experience of them.

y2k

Sep 30, 2008
I purchased from Giztop to the UK and paid for the top shipping. There was no import duty.
If you need it in another language than English just get it from there. You can get 2% off (which helps with postage) if you sign up for the news letter.

So, your device is installed with global firmware(unofficial but modified). The bootloader must be unlocked and widevine must be widevine L3. Am I right? I will get mine next week. Can I just fastboot to relock the bootloader so as to get L1 back?

y2k

Sep 30, 2008

So, your device is installed with global firmware(unofficial but modified). The bootloader must be unlocked and widevine must be L3. Am I right? I will get mine next week. Can I just fastboot to relock the bootloader so as to get L1 back?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We took a slight gamble getting a tablet with these specs for £350. It's not the end of the world. The OLED screen is OK. Bright scenes are fine but shadows are massively crushed and dark screen uniformity is horrendous. Also no global ROM with widevine level 1. No massive issue if your native language is English as the Chinese rom is totally fine.

In hindsight you'd be better off trying to get a better deal on an Samsung Tab S7+ with better AMOLED screen and Native HDR support in nexflix.

On this screen dolby Vison is no better than normal HDR. Losing to go the Samsung is no great loss.

The P12 Pro with its Amold screen with chinese and global varient looks the safer bet.
    Ive been using this tab for a couple of days. The ROM is just a cleaned-up Chinese one, it has English language and gapps. However, the only major problem is that ZUI doesn't let apps from google store function in the background, as a result, all the messengers, e-mail apps, youtube, etc, basically all the apps that should notify you about anything don't do it. If you're working in the app and shortly after you've closed it - yes, you'll get a notification, but not after it has been cleared from the memory. It is not the first time a Chinese ROM behaves this way, so maybe anyone has some suggestions?
    OK!

the 3.03G contains a chinese rom for J706F.

As for 716, I still need some time =.=
    You can see the exact ROM version using the app DRM Info.
    TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.238_ST_210824
    I was watching the review of the youtuber eta prime and I noticed his tablet has a slightly newer version with widevine l1, see below.
    50AECDAE-90E8-496F-8F75-EF966B109484.jpeg
    We took a slight gamble getting a tablet with these specs for £350. It's not the end of the world. The OLED screen is OK. Bright scenes are fine but shadows are massively crushed and dark screen uniformity is horrendous. Also no global ROM with widevine level 1. No massive issue if your native language is English as the Chinese rom is totally fine.

In hindsight you'd be better off trying to get a better deal on an Samsung Tab S7+ with better AMOLED screen and Native HDR support in nexflix.

On this screen dolby Vison is no better than normal HDR. Losing to go the Samsung is no great loss.

The P12 Pro with its Amold screen with chinese and global varient looks the safer bet.
    Yeah that's the 2020 version. We're talking about the 2021 version which does not have an international version.
    Ive been using this tab for a couple of days. The ROM is just a cleaned-up Chinese one, it has English language and gapps. However, the only major problem is that ZUI doesn't let apps from google store function in the background, as a result, all the messengers, e-mail apps, youtube, etc, basically all the apps that should notify you about anything don't do it. If you're working in the app and shortly after you've closed it - yes, you'll get a notification, but not after it has been cleared from the memory. It is not the first time a Chinese ROM behaves this way, so maybe anyone has some suggestions?
    OK!

the 3.03G contains a chinese rom for J706F.

As for 716, I still need some time =.=
    You can see the exact ROM version using the app DRM Info.
    TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.238_ST_210824