• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question International ROM for XIAOXIN PAD PRO 2021 unlikely?

Search This thread

NeuronXY

Jun 19, 2013
Setapak
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
Have it for 2 weeks now. China ROM with some broken english translation here and there. (2 install languages)
Did notice low brightness goes haywire (black to gray when scene transitions) when that tablet was the only light source. Netflix L1. Didnt test on other stream apps

Installed google play via the lenovo store app with random clicks and guesses.
Overall good screen, feels fluid and snappy, quite light tablet, slippery since metal build. Bought the keyboard and pen separately and was satisfied with light usage.
Temps below 40C, good even with graphic intensive games. Not fond of the pc mode since not familiar much with it.
Some accessibility or locked apps does resets on its own, which i find annoying (buggy zui i think). If there's a global rom i'd really want it.

Tablet + keyboard + pen = around $575 after conversion

Last edited:

tsoureki

It is important to clarify that a global version is not an international version. The version that Banggood is shipping is a global version with Playstore installed but it does not have OTA support. Likewise, can you write here when the tablet arrives? To clarify everything.
I am waiting to receive the tablet next week. No OTA? This is problem.. How I will update if there is no OTA? If that's true I prefer china rom

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
I am waiting to receive the tablet next week. No OTA? This is problem.. How I will update if there is no OTA? If that's true I prefer china rom
Sounds like it's an unofficial ROM which will mean no official updates. It possibly won't have widevine L1 ether.
You'll have to check the bootloader and reflash the Chinese rom if you want OTA.

I've had two OTA's so far with no issue.

y2k

Sep 30, 2008
The seller did tell me that all the global firmware(unofficial rom) device, its bootloader was unlocked. I'd like to know how can I flash the CN rom so as to get L1 and OTA back.

Last edited:

sakun-ice

Nov 10, 2012
I´m sorry. I don´t have the Global ROM. I bought my Xiaoxin Pad 2021 from CECT Shop. The global ROM has been already installed. I compared the version to the version behind the link upon. It´s exactly the same version.
It is strange that it is the same version, because in the information of the ROM it says that it has Chinese and English as languages.

Meanie

Sep 6, 2009
For you guys that have the Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad or Pad Pro, is drawing over other apps, floating windows working? In normal tablet mode, not PC mode.

djazz33

Jan 28, 2015
sorry guys.... im interested.....
id like to buy from banghood....im from eu .... and they assured me that the iva and duties has already pay in advance..... can i trust them?
cause 400 euro for tablet is a lot.... and i dont want to add another 100 in tax....

also banghood sell global versione as it seems?

thanks
I received just today the tablet (Xiaoxin pad pro 2021) from banghood here in Italy and no taxes has been added. Global version.

redmictian

Mar 11, 2018
Ive been using this tab for a couple of days. The ROM is just a cleaned-up Chinese one, it has English language and gapps. However, the only major problem is that ZUI doesn't let apps from google store function in the background, as a result, all the messengers, e-mail apps, youtube, etc, basically all the apps that should notify you about anything don't do it. If you're working in the app and shortly after you've closed it - yes, you'll get a notification, but not after it has been cleared from the memory. It is not the first time a Chinese ROM behaves this way, so maybe anyone has some suggestions?

Reactions: mardon85

sakun-ice

Nov 10, 2012
Banggood global rom has unlocked bootloader, no ota and L3 widevine so Netflix is at 480p.. Must relock bootloader and flash Chinese rom (I can't find any chinese rom..) to have ota update and L1 widevine.

This is the supposed Chinese rom, but you need a premium account to download ($ 3). It would be good if someone put a basic tutorial to restore the tablet in case of brick or change the rom. I find it very strange that after several months of the launch of the tablet there is no easily accessible tutorial or rom.

trojaner_80

Sep 24, 2021

This is the supposed Chinese rom, but you need a premium account to download ($ 3). It would be good if someone put a basic tutorial to restore the tablet in case of brick or change the rom. I find it very strange that after several months of the launch of the tablet there is no easily accessible tutorial or rom.
This ROM is installed on my device. I compared the version numbers. They are exactly the same. No OTA and only Widevine L3 using this ROM, but multilanguage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive been using this tab for a couple of days. The ROM is just a cleaned-up Chinese one, it has English language and gapps. However, the only major problem is that ZUI doesn't let apps from google store function in the background, as a result, all the messengers, e-mail apps, youtube, etc, basically all the apps that should notify you about anything don't do it. If you're working in the app and shortly after you've closed it - yes, you'll get a notification, but not after it has been cleared from the memory. It is not the first time a Chinese ROM behaves this way, so maybe anyone has some suggestions?
    OK!

the 3.03G contains a chinese rom for J706F.

As for 716, I still need some time =.=
    You can see the exact ROM version using the app DRM Info.
    TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.238_ST_210824
    I was watching the review of the youtuber eta prime and I noticed his tablet has a slightly newer version with widevine l1, see below.
    50AECDAE-90E8-496F-8F75-EF966B109484.jpeg
    We took a slight gamble getting a tablet with these specs for £350. It's not the end of the world. The OLED screen is OK. Bright scenes are fine but shadows are massively crushed and dark screen uniformity is horrendous. Also no global ROM with widevine level 1. No massive issue if your native language is English as the Chinese rom is totally fine.

In hindsight you'd be better off trying to get a better deal on an Samsung Tab S7+ with better AMOLED screen and Native HDR support in nexflix.

On this screen dolby Vison is no better than normal HDR. Losing to go the Samsung is no great loss.

The P12 Pro with its Amold screen with chinese and global varient looks the safer bet.
    Yeah that's the 2020 version. We're talking about the 2021 version which does not have an international version.
    OK!

the 3.03G contains a chinese rom for J706F.

As for 716, I still need some time =.=
    You can see the exact ROM version using the app DRM Info.
    TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.238_ST_210824
    I was watching the review of the youtuber eta prime and I noticed his tablet has a slightly newer version with widevine l1, see below.
    50AECDAE-90E8-496F-8F75-EF966B109484.jpeg