• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question International ROM for XIAOXIN PAD PRO 2021 unlikely?

Search This thread

fazioso

Jul 2, 2011
cect-shop, it was the cheapest i found.
EDIT: after many trial and error, managed to get a GSI ROM booting on it.
there was a user some weeks ago that say cect-shop send a global firmware....so its not true....
but besides i think your rom is better.....official ,ota and l1..... the global firmware is a real beta.....and no ota:
we have to find a way to put original china firmware!

Reactions: pierro78

Tropaion

Jan 4, 2021
@fazioso when buying at cect-shop you can choose between global and china rom.
I recently posted how to install china rom but sadly you won't get l1 or ota updates, probably because bootloader is unlocked. Today I searched a bit in chinese forums and found some interesting articles which makes me think it should be possible, but it's a bit diffcult with google translator to interpret it. Found a script to lock/unlocked bootloader which I translated and posted at xda, it's a start.

Reactions: fazioso

3bo0od1997

Aug 20, 2016
Hello guys I'm thinking to buy this tablet, can anyone take screenshot from Playback Specification menu on Netflix app?
Does it support L1 or not?
What about OTA updates? Some said you will loss L1 and the others said not
I want to buy it from giztop, but they said google play is pre-installed, does that mean they mess with software and stop ota updates with L1 to L3?
Sorry for my bad english 😔

Ok. He puesto la Rom China. He actualizado. He bloqueado el fastboot. He hecho hard reset y voilá, ya tengo L1 y Netflix en Hd. Impresionante cómo se vé la pantalla. Curiosamente he comprobado que se vé con más calidad el video si bajo de 90 a 60hz de refresco. Esta tablet es muy muy buena. La recomiendo aunque de momento Lenovo no contribuya. Si tenéis el pencil os recomiendo probar concepts

fazioso

Jul 2, 2011
Ok. He puesto la Rom China. He actualizado. He bloqueado el fastboot. He hecho hard reset y voilá, ya tengo L1 y Netflix en Hd. Impresionante cómo se vé la pantalla. Curiosamente he comprobado que se vé con más calidad el video si bajo de 90 a 60hz de refresco. Esta tablet es muy muy buena. La recomiendo aunque de momento Lenovo no contribuya. Si tenéis el pencil os recomiendo probar concepts
Please help people to change from globlal to china with ota and l1 enable!!!! Tutorial or some help!

Please help people to change from globlal to china with ota and l1 enable!!!! Tutorial or some help!
He seguido el post y visto los vídeos donde cuelgan la Rom China y estuve un par de horas trasteando. No te puedo decir porque se me brikeo, pero al final lo hice como pone en el post y me funcionó. Un poco de acojone pero parece que si tienes el bootloader abierto siempre es posible recuperarla. Es la primera vez que flaseo algo. Bueno no exactamente pero casi..de todas formas miraré en el Pc por si recuerdo mas detalles. Si teneis algun problema y os puedo ayudar... Eso sí sólo para los que tengan abierto el bootloader. Y la tablet se queda o en ingles o en chino.

fazioso

Jul 2, 2011
He seguido el post y visto los vídeos donde cuelgan la Rom China y estuve un par de horas trasteando. No te puedo decir porque se me brikeo, pero al final lo hice como pone en el post y me funcionó. Un poco de acojone pero parece que si tienes el bootloader abierto siempre es posible recuperarla. Es la primera vez que flaseo algo. Bueno no exactamente pero casi..de todas formas miraré en el Pc por si recuerdo mas detalles. Si teneis algun problema y os puedo ayudar... Eso sí sólo para los que tengan abierto el bootloader. Y la tablet se queda o en ingles o en chino.
Sorry for English...but for OTA problems? Works OTA or no?

3bo0od1997

Aug 20, 2016
Hello guys I'm thinking to buy this tablet, can anyone take screenshot from Playback Specification menu on Netflix app?
Does it support L1 or not?
What about OTA updates? Some said you will loss L1 and the others said not
I want to buy it from giztop, but they said google play is pre-installed, does that mean they mess with software and stop ota updates with L1 to L3?
Sorry for my bad english 😔
Anyone answer me please

zxcv88

Oct 4, 2021
I have accepted widevine L3 on my tablet because I use Stremio now which works pretty good. I have Netflix and Amazon prime but don't use it anymore on my tablet because of widevine.
I wish they'd fix the widevine stuff because they're making it so hard for people who have paid for their services yet can't watch in HD.

luizkun

Jan 20, 2020
I have accepted widevine L3 on my tablet because I use Stremio now which works pretty good. I have Netflix and Amazon prime but don't use it anymore on my tablet because of widevine.
I wish they'd fix the widevine stuff because they're making it so hard for people who have paid for their services yet can't watch in HD.
yes , netflix can nerver compare to kodi, kodi is very powerful , it has anything

Wualk

Jul 18, 2010
Breda
Anyone answer me please
Dear 3bo0od, I bought the Xiaoxin pro pad 2021 from Giztop last month (actually typing on it right now) and it has the China - translated English ROM on it. I can install all apps on it (Google, Play etc.) and now even use if for work (with all the Microsoft apps installed on it). The English translation is ok, but as a near-native English speaker there are some funny translations noticable.

With regards to L1 for Netflix, I can confirm it runs HD quality on Netflix without issues. When I got it, it had 2 updates ready which I installed after 2 days of waiting. It simply updated Android and I still have L1 with Netflix. I will see if I can take a screenshot later.

As a European user, I was tempted to buy the P12 European tablet (not sure if it is available already) due to the ROM and English-translation issues. But honestly, the tablet runs great and the price on Giztop was fine. Better than Banggood if you want the keyboard with it as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3bo0od1997

Wualk

Jul 18, 2010
Breda
And here is a screenshot of Netflix (Dutch version), showing the L1 support (even after a update). Obviously, I haven' t yet tinkered with the ROM or tried to install another ROM. It has the default ROM that came with Giztop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-26-10-31-56-1461008931.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-26-10-31-56-1461008931.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 114

zxcv88

Oct 4, 2021
I have flashed china ROM and locked the bootloader on my xiaoxin pad pro from Banggood.
L1 is back but no 4k or HDR support on Netflix, just 1080p.
OTA updates working fine as well.
Big thanks to @Tropaion and @asukav for the guides and roms.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-27-20-19-42-1503332083.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-27-20-19-42-1503332083.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: Tropaion

3bo0od1997

Aug 20, 2016
And here is a screenshot of Netflix (Dutch version), showing the L1 support (even after a update). Obviously, I haven' t yet tinkered with the ROM or tried to install another ROM. It has the default ROM that came with Giztop.
Thanks bro, it seems the tabled support 1080p only but not HDR
P12 Pro will be good but 12.6 inch is huge for tablet -__-

russy23

Dear 3bo0od, I bought the Xiaoxin pro pad 2021 from Giztop last month (actually typing on it right now) and it has the China - translated English ROM on it. I can install all apps on it (Google, Play etc.) and now even use if for work (with all the Microsoft apps installed on it). The English translation is ok, but as a near-native English speaker there are some funny translations noticable.

With regards to L1 for Netflix, I can confirm it runs HD quality on Netflix without issues. When I got it, it had 2 updates ready which I installed after 2 days of waiting. It simply updated Android and I still have L1 with Netflix. I will see if I can take a screenshot later.

As a European user, I was tempted to buy the P12 European tablet (not sure if it is available already) due to the ROM and English-translation issues. But honestly, the tablet runs great and the price on Giztop was fine. Better than Banggood if you want the keyboard with it as well.
Glad to read this, mines coming from giztop :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We took a slight gamble getting a tablet with these specs for £350. It's not the end of the world. The OLED screen is OK. Bright scenes are fine but shadows are massively crushed and dark screen uniformity is horrendous. Also no global ROM with widevine level 1. No massive issue if your native language is English as the Chinese rom is totally fine.

In hindsight you'd be better off trying to get a better deal on an Samsung Tab S7+ with better AMOLED screen and Native HDR support in nexflix.

On this screen dolby Vison is no better than normal HDR. Losing to go the Samsung is no great loss.

The P12 Pro with its Amold screen with chinese and global varient looks the safer bet.
    Yeah that's the 2020 version. We're talking about the 2021 version which does not have an international version.
    Ive been using this tab for a couple of days. The ROM is just a cleaned-up Chinese one, it has English language and gapps. However, the only major problem is that ZUI doesn't let apps from google store function in the background, as a result, all the messengers, e-mail apps, youtube, etc, basically all the apps that should notify you about anything don't do it. If you're working in the app and shortly after you've closed it - yes, you'll get a notification, but not after it has been cleared from the memory. It is not the first time a Chinese ROM behaves this way, so maybe anyone has some suggestions?
    OK!

the 3.03G contains a chinese rom for J706F.

As for 716, I still need some time =.=
    You can see the exact ROM version using the app DRM Info.
    TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.238_ST_210824