• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Internet sharing cab file?

Search This thread

briols6

Apr 24, 2006
Does anyone know if you can get a cab file or if there is a registry tweak to restore internet sharing (pan) to WM 6. I have a pre release kaiser that has wmodem but no internet sharing and I cant get dun to work properly to tether to my laptop for internet. I thought wm 6 came standard with internet sharing so I dont know if it's hidden (registry tweak) or if it's been taken off the rom and there is some way to restore it. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks

khammo01

Oct 19, 2006
Tokyo
www.hammondjp.com
I have a Softbank X02HT Windows Mobile Smartphone Edition (same as HTC Cavalier / Dopod C730) with crippled Internet Sharing.
I tried this cab file which would open the UI but would show blanks for the Internet and local connections. I managed to pull off the intshrui and intshrui.dll files from a Samsung Blackjack, and now it shows connections and I can actually establish a connection - but when I connect my PC to it, it fails to get an IP address.
Does anyone know which other files are being used by Internet Sharing? Which other files beside intshrui.* do I need to copy from the BlackJack, or if it is even possible?

dario69

Dec 13, 2006
I have a Softbank X02HT Windows Mobile Smartphone Edition (same as HTC Cavalier / Dopod C730) with crippled Internet Sharing.
I tried this cab file which would open the UI but would show blanks for the Internet and local connections. I managed to pull off the intshrui and intshrui.dll files from a Samsung Blackjack, and now it shows connections and I can actually establish a connection - but when I connect my PC to it, it fails to get an IP address.
Does anyone know which other files are being used by Internet Sharing? Which other files beside intshrui.* do I need to copy from the BlackJack, or if it is even possible?

Same problem here. Maybe the .dll file is carrier specific. A stretch but I can't think of any other reason why this doesn't work.

Jomake

Oct 24, 2007
X02HTC help

hello there,

i am thinking of getting a x02ht but i am not sure if it is possible to unlock the device so i can use it with other carriers? is there a way to flash it but still be able to use japanese and softbank services like sms/mms? (and mobile mail). would be great if somebody could direct me to a threat/link where i can find a bit more info about this.

cheers,

joma

mikosrt

Apr 4, 2008
Internet connection sharing

I downloaded the internet sharing files, but when I run the program on my Samsung Blackjack II the "PC Connection" and "Network Connection" fields are empty and it does not let me change it.

shaolinsoldier

Jul 6, 2007
when i open program, and tap connect, i get "cannot connect for unknown reason, check settings" on my xv6800 (verizon) im trying to tether without using vz access manager. please help...

contagous

May 4, 2009
This doesnt work for me, using unlock gps vzw 910 Rom, program loads and i clcik connect says connected, but when i just to use IE or Chrome on my lappy, it says page cannot be found, any ideas on how i can fix this?

Thanks

00dgtldomain00

Aug 6, 2009
The windows directory doesn't appear on my explorer?? (Through my PC) How can I make it visible?? Also, how do you make a shortcut through the phone?? (Sorry, noobe here)