IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (11/25/2017): https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74628972&postcount=1071
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (08/02/2020): https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83193721&postcount=1236
Source code: https://github.com/gus33000/InteropTools
OP update is still Work in progress
READ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING
- Interop Tools can't be installed, like with a lot of other apps that uses restricted CAPs, if you CAP unlocked your phone using vcREG, vcREG changes 2 registry values that breaks the whole deployment system since one build of the rs1 development, so please reset your phone, use only vcREG to install an older NDTK if needed, and install Interop Tools (h/t @vcfan see your DMs)
- Interop Tools doesn't require and will never require any CAP unlock
- Please read the installation instructions carefully
- Interop Tools versions older than or equal to Beta 1.8.1 are not supported in any way, please update the app
- I'm not responsible for any damage made by your device if this ever happens even though I'm really careful each time I'm posting a new version
- When submitting a bug report, please specify what apps related to Interop/Cap unlock you have installed, if you did anything, some reproduction steps and the phone model you are using, along with if you cap unlocked your device.
If you have an IT version older or equal to Beta 1.7 already installed, please uninstall it and reboot your device prior to installing/updating Interop Tools
- Download the latest Interop Tools appxbundle for your device architecture and its dependencies
- Extract both zips, and extract the certificate file if you're installing Interop Tools on a desktop device
- If you're on a Desktop device, double click the certificate file, select Local Machine as the installation location, press next, select place the certificate into the following certificate store, and pick trusted peoples, then press ok, and next.
- Install Interop Tools dependencies like any regular appx, by opening up the Device portal for your device, going into the application section, click on browser for the app package, select the dependency appx, and then press install, do that for each dependency
- The install Interop Tools main appxbundle by pressing browser, pick it, then press install.
ENABLE SYSTEM REGISTRY ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS
For x50+ lumia devices by Microsoft
- Download and install vcREG and proceed to install the older NDTK version as instructed in the vcREG thread, for support about this whole process, please see the vcREG thread in the same forum section
- Don't do any CAP unlock, otherwise Interop Tools might not install properly
- Install Interop Tools if you never installed it like instructed on this post
For other lumia devices by Microsoft
- Go to the Interop Unlock section of Interop Tools
- If restore NDTK isn't on, turn it on, and reboot your device
For all other OEM devices
- Download the NDTK packages and the WPAK utilities from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3860782&d=1472659473 http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3860780&d=1472659433
- Go to the Interop Unlock section of Interop Tools, and tap the button that says "Enable installing NDTK on any device"
- Put the two NDTK cabs in one empty folder on your PC
- Open a command prompt as administrator and make sure you're in the directory where the iutool executable is located from the WP(AK) zip
- run "iutool -V -p "<fulllocationwherethetwondtkpackagesarestored>" with your phone connected into the PC
- if iutool throws an error, please unplug your device, go to the control panel, devices and printer, select your phone, should be ghosted, click on uninstall device, and then replug the device and wait for it to reinstall. If you still have issues, run GETDULOGS from the same CMD prompt, and post the cab you get along with a message in this thread
- When the installation is finished, open Interop Tools, go to the Interop Unlock section, and tap restore the original manufacturer info button.
You can find a Q&A in the post below the OP.
This app allows you to:
- Edit the registry through the registry editor
- Browse the registry hives through the registry browser
- Find sepecific registry values/keys through the search page
- Apply tweaks to your device
- Interop and Cap unlock your device
- Access device information
- Remotely edit the registry through the built-in desktop app
- Manage Applications
- Manage Certificates
- Perform standard registry operations such as deleting, renaming, and copying details
- Built-In Command Prompt inside the app (coming in pre-1.9)
- Manage SSH accounts and more (coming in pre-1.9)
- and more.
This app includes a lot of neat features which makes a better experience while editing the registry such as for example, the key suggestion bar in the registry editor, or the jump to button in the browser.
STATE OF THE APP
The app is still in development and has some rough edges. I would appreciate if you could report bugs about it, but before make sure you read the Q&A.
Currently the app has limited support for the registry for all devices running at least Windows 10 Mobile build 10240 by default.
Some specific devices have extra support out of the box, please read the list inside the spoiler below.
Lumia handsets (including other handsets with the ndtk service installed):
SYSTEM level access for editing and reading the following registry values and hives:
SYSTEM level access for LG and Samsung devices (untested, please report some feedback about it):
You can however enable more access privileges by following the instructions above, about enabling system registry access.
See the second post for current pre-releases
App Twitter account (for direct communication if I'm not available directly): http://twitter.com/InteropTools
My Personal Twitter account: http://twitter.com/gus33000