Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Interop Tools is a brand new registry editor that works on Windows 10 Mobile, It allows you to View, Browse and Edit of registry entries. Great news is that this tool doesn’t need your device to be interop-unlocked for this. The tool has been developed by Gustave M, who is a well-known Windows enthusiast and developer.

How to Download & Install Interop Tools on Windows 10 Mobile:

1. Download the Interop tools Appx file from attachment, unzip

2. Now all you need to do is to turn on the developer option by going to Settings—>Update & Security–>For Developer–>Select Developer Mode and select “yes” when prompted. This enables side-loading of apps.
You should be now able to install “Interop Tools” by tapping on the Appx that you have downloaded in first step.

3. You should be ready to have some fun, though be careful before editing registry unless you know what you are doing.

4. Once installed, the app appears under installed apps

The tool is not Lumia-specific but seems access to restricted keys is only for Lumias.

Source
http://www.windowscentral.com/interop-tools-windows-10-mobile

edit: if you have problem with newer version, simple uninstall app from storage, restart phone and install again.

Interop Tools Beta 1.7.157.0 (fbl_release(gustavem).160621-0900) changelog:

+ New helper runtime component, all core registry editing functionality have been migrated to registryhelper.winmd, as such, there might be new bugs, especially in the registry browser. Please report them if you find any.
+ WinPRTUtil is now also used in the browser and in registry value deleting operations.
~ Fixed an ux issue with light theme enabled.
~ Fixed an issue where HKD would be incorrectly named in certain areas.
~ Fixed an issue where the tool would incorrectly report the state of offline charging when loading the page.

Official download location: http://bit.ly/InteropTools

NOTICE: ARM for mobile, x86/x64 for PC

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160614_0003.png
    wp_ss_20160614_0003.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 41,005
  • wp_ss_20160614_0002.png
    wp_ss_20160614_0002.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 39,149
  • wp_ss_20160614_0004.png
    wp_ss_20160614_0004.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 37,814
  • wp_ss_20160508_0001.png
    wp_ss_20160508_0001.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 32,708
  • wp_ss_20160508_0002.png
    wp_ss_20160508_0002.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 31,213
  • wp_ss_20160508_0003.png
    wp_ss_20160508_0003.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 31,450
  • InteropToolsApp_beta_1.7_0.0.157.0_arm.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 234,451
  • InteropTools_Beta_1.8_0.0.160.0.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 104,077
  • Dependencies_ARM.ZIP
    8.3 MB · Views: 68,247
  • Dependencies_x86.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 14,591
  • Dependencies_x64.zip
    9 MB · Views: 14,963
  • InteropToolsApp_0.0.173.0_arm.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 41,239
  • InteropToolsApp_0.0.173.0_x86_x64.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 25,141
Last edited:

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Now if we could only use a similar method to get an Adblocker on the 950/950XL... :D

you cant. this is only for WP8.1 devices with W10M... not for native W10M devices (550, 650, 950, 950XL)... you can install on Lumia 950/950XL and change some registry values but you cant access to MTP to use adblock (change hosts file)

Last edited:

DLS123

Aug 20, 2013
Can this be uninstalled from the phone?

EDIT: nvm. I got it. Disable developer mode, try to open app, get error, uninstall :D

Last edited:

chinitopex

Jul 24, 2010
Guatemala
The file works perfectly in nokia lumia 520 windows 10 mobile build 10586.242
but I have a question
which is the benefit of this application?
I have a nokia lumia 520 with windows 10 mobile build 10586,242
but still not unlocked for use XAP files and appx
so this application can give me those benefits?
I would like to know more about how to install files with this application appx
thank you ... is great news for our lumias

jhoff80

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
you cant. this is only for WP8.1 devices with W10M... not for native W10M devices (550, 650, 950, 950XL)... you can install on Lumia 950/950XL and change some registry values but you cant access to MTP to use adblock (change hosts file)

Yeah, I know, that's what I meant- This is great progress from the old way of getting access to these things, but what would really be nice is something similar that allowed adblock.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Can this be uninstalled from the phone?

EDIT: nvm. I got it. Disable developer mode, try to open app, get error, uninstall :D

You can also uninstall from the Storage page in System.

abhishekl730

May 7, 2016
Hi
I tried changing the video resolution (VideoResolution) registry value from 3 to 4. This opens 4k recording resolutions in camera app on my LUMIA 730 dual sim and also the SLOW MOTION option in video recording. But when recording is pressed it shows the device can't save the video. Im new to this, so if anyone can help to find me any turnarounds or is this due to hardware limitations. Thanks

KNM_THe1

May 7, 2016
Just saying

OP,
You copied all the content from Nokiapoweruser article and gave source link to WindowsCentral. Try to be fair!!

tofuschnitte

Nov 29, 2012
seems to be a nice little tool

but anyone knows what i have to use for sftp accesss as username and passwort when using winscp to connect?

winphouser

Jul 3, 2015
The author of Interop Tools is gus33000 aka Gustave M.

Official source links:
https://twitter.com/gus33000/statuses/731780368853041152
https://mega.nz/#F!iZMhSSzI!sGQy4V12ubfvT8Abm2Uo1g

----------

Interop Tools beta 1.2

Changelog:

+ The registry browser value editing dialog now displays the value type and name.
+ The registry browser now correctly handles write errors and will display them to you.
+ The registry editor now saves the history and has a new clear all button to clear all of them.
+ You can now tap a history item in the registry editor and it will fill all fields for you.
~ Improved the Registry browser ui again.
~ The app is now a regular app and not a settings app as there was many requests for this.
~ New icon for the app.
~ Small ui changes on the welcome page.
~ Bug fixes.

Known issues:

* It appears there is an editing issue for the pagingfiles on redstone, where the value is not set, this might be due to the key being reverted automatically. This is under inspection.
? It appears there is an editing issue for the pagingfiles on threshold, where some ";" appears instead of spaces, I can't reproduce it on my side, so if you could confirm or not confirm that to me on twitter that would be great.

Side notes:

* I know I need to add a way to alert from the app of new updates, this is under consideration.
* A small tweak page is in the works, if you have tweak ideas please tweet me them with the page where you found them or yourself if you found it, so I can properly credit peoples.

Attachments

• InteropToolsApp_0.0.11.0_arm.appxbundle.zip
    907.5 KB · Views: 869
  • interoptools_build_11_1.2_beta_release_notes.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:

haydendo

Sep 22, 2009
Makati
Hi. I am unable to install it. It just closes when tapping from device and confirming install. When in AppDeploy app, I got this error "Error - There is an error in XML document (18, 15)." I'm using Nokia 925 Windows 10 10586.318. Please help what am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Interop Tools is a brand new registry editor that works on Windows 10 Mobile, It allows you to View, Browse and Edit of registry entries. Great news is that this tool doesn’t need your device to be interop-unlocked for this. The tool has been developed by Gustave M, who is a well-known Windows enthusiast and developer.

How to Download & Install Interop Tools on Windows 10 Mobile:

1. Download the Interop tools Appx file from attachment, unzip

2. Now all you need to do is to turn on the developer option by going to Settings—>Update & Security–>For Developer–>Select Developer Mode and select “yes” when prompted. This enables side-loading of apps.
    You should be now able to install “Interop Tools” by tapping on the Appx that you have downloaded in first step.

3. You should be ready to have some fun, though be careful before editing registry unless you know what you are doing.

4. Once installed, the app appears under installed apps

The tool is not Lumia-specific but seems access to restricted keys is only for Lumias.

Source
    http://www.windowscentral.com/interop-tools-windows-10-mobile

edit: if you have problem with newer version, simple uninstall app from storage, restart phone and install again.

Interop Tools Beta 1.7.157.0 (fbl_release(gustavem).160621-0900) changelog:

+ New helper runtime component, all core registry editing functionality have been migrated to registryhelper.winmd, as such, there might be new bugs, especially in the registry browser. Please report them if you find any.
    + WinPRTUtil is now also used in the browser and in registry value deleting operations.
    ~ Fixed an ux issue with light theme enabled.
    ~ Fixed an issue where HKD would be incorrectly named in certain areas.
    ~ Fixed an issue where the tool would incorrectly report the state of offline charging when loading the page.

NOTICE: ARM for mobile, x86/x64 for PC

Interop Tools Beta 1.5 Changelog:

+ You can now view package infos right from the package list, just tap one package and a dialog will pop up. You'll be able to copy the infos shown to your clipboard by tapping on them. You can also tap on the open with store link to open the package in the Windows Store.
    + New animation in the welcome screen.
    ~ The package list now displays app's description and version instead of only version when it's possible.
    ~ The package list also now displays the package tile icon when it's possible.
    ~ The package list also now displays the package title when it's possible.
    ~ The package list now loads live, you'll not be stuck on a blank screen anymore.
    ~ The package list now picked up a progress bar to tell you when it's completed.
    ~ You can now search in the package list.
    ~ Made some critical changes to the code that handles registry operations, should bring some bug fixes as a result but also could bring some new bugs, if you find one please report it ;) Oh, and did I mention I fixed samsung support again? Seems like I messed up when making the code for it, and accidentally made it use NDTK hive numbers instead of Samsung ones.
    - Removed settings version, if you have the app not appearing on your app list, remove the app from the storage settings first, then reinstall it. There's a bug that prevents the app from being registered to the app list correctly when you update a settings app.
    The author of Interop Tools is gus33000 aka Gustave M.

Official source links:
    https://twitter.com/gus33000/statuses/731780368853041152
    https://mega.nz/#F!iZMhSSzI!sGQy4V12ubfvT8Abm2Uo1g

----------

Interop Tools beta 1.2

Changelog:

+ The registry browser value editing dialog now displays the value type and name.
    + The registry browser now correctly handles write errors and will display them to you.
    + The registry editor now saves the history and has a new clear all button to clear all of them.
    + You can now tap a history item in the registry editor and it will fill all fields for you.
    ~ Improved the Registry browser ui again.
    ~ The app is now a regular app and not a settings app as there was many requests for this.
    ~ New icon for the app.
    ~ Small ui changes on the welcome page.
    ~ Bug fixes.

Known issues:

* It appears there is an editing issue for the pagingfiles on redstone, where the value is not set, this might be due to the key being reverted automatically. This is under inspection.
    ? It appears there is an editing issue for the pagingfiles on threshold, where some ";" appears instead of spaces, I can't reproduce it on my side, so if you could confirm or not confirm that to me on twitter that would be great.

Side notes:

* I know I need to add a way to alert from the app of new updates, this is under consideration.
    * A small tweak page is in the works, if you have tweak ideas please tweet me them with the page where you found them or yourself if you found it, so I can properly credit peoples.
    new version beta 1.8.1 available

InteropToolsApp_0.0.173.0_arm.appxbundle
    InteropToolsApp_0.0.173.0_x86_x64.appxbundle
    New version

Interop Tools Beta 1.4 Changelog:

+ Added the Application manager, allows you to install, update, and register (unpacked apps) appxs, appxbundles, and xaps. It also allows you to see what packages are currently installed on the device.
    + Added the ability to add keys to the registry browser
    + Added the ability to add values to the registry editor
    + Added the ability to change the access root path of MTP to the Interop Unlock page
    + Added the Offline Charging Tweak (if your phone is stuck on a black screen, boot it without the cable plugged in, that's a bug in the current Windows 10 builds)
    + Added binary registry values support
    + Added a troubleshoot section to the interop unlock page
    + On the fly interop unlock settings is now possible, no more apply button
    ~ Redesigned the Tweaks and Interop Unlock pages
    ~ Redesigned the registry value edit dialog for the registry browser
    ~ Moved the red warning text about features only available to lumias to the top of pages
    ~ Reworded Folder to Key in the browser
    ~ Fixed multi string registry values support
    ~ Fixed an issue where you couldn't edit dword values on Samsung Devices
    ~ Removed disable full FS access option from the interop unlock page, you now need to just turn off the pill switch for Full FS access in order to disable it

Known issues:

* None...
    * ...Apart from Microsoft own issues, which may prevent the insallation of the app, if that ever happens to you try to install it from Device portal or file explorer, if the app crashes on launch or doesn't show in the app list, try to install the settings version, which will be under Settings -> Extras -> Interop Tools

Side notes:

* The tweak page is still in the works, if you have tweak ideas please tweet me them with the page where you found them or yourself if you found it, so I can properly credit peoples.

!!!remove zip extension!!!