Intex Cloud Tread [GENERAL] [ROOT] [RECOVERY] [TWRP 3.1.0] [TWEAKS] [MT6591]

What's your experience with Cloud Tread?

• Good Performer, Good Battery.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Good Performer, Terrible Battery.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Terrible Performer, Good Battery.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible Performer, Terrible Battery.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread
G

GuestK00286

Welcome to the official thread for Intex Cloud Tread.

You can discuss anything related to the phone here. (All links are Google Drive and XDA)

Make: INTEX
Model: Cloud Tread
Stock ROM: Android 5.1
Kernel: 3.10.72 (Remember this while looking for ROMs to port)
SOC: MT6591 (The same as MT6592, so you can easily port ROMs)

RECOVERY

Type: TWRP
Version: 3.2.1 EXPERIMENTAL
Kernel: 3.10.72
Supports: MT6591/MT6592

Download (Note: Old backups doesn't' work with this one.)
*Might have a couple of bugs (CPU Temperature doesn't work, ADB Backup doesn't work), but works for backups and restores and flashing and mounting and ADB Sideloads. This is an experimental build. Use with caution.

Version: 3.1.0

Download New Fixed Version Download (Note: Old backups doesn't' work with this one.)

OLD Version (This was a half-assed port from Excite Prime that Identifies device as Excite Prime and has a lot of other bugs)
Download OLD Version

Instructions:
1. Download and install SP Flash Tools
2. Start it and go to Download tab.
3. Now, in the scatter loading file box open the SCATTER Text you downloaded. (Link below)
4. Make sure the drop down box is selected at Download Only.
5. Untick all boxes except recovery and double click on the location part of the recovery row.
*DON'T PLUG YOUR PHONE IN NOW*
6. Select the recovery you downloaded from here and click the Download button.
7. Now turn the phone off or remove its battery and plug it in.
The necessary drivers should install and wait for a few seconds until a green tick or circle comes on the screen.

There, one custom recovery for INTEX Cloud Tread has been flashed.

SCATTER FILE - Download (You will need it to use with SP Flash Tool)

If you want the STOCK RECOVERY download it from here.

ROOT

Type: SuperSU

Download

Instructions:

1. Copy the file to your SD Card.
2. Press Volume Up+Power to boot into recovery when the phone is off.
3. There go to Install > Select Storage > MicroSD > SuperSU.zip.
4. Un-check Reboot Automatically. (This may clear the dalvik-cache which is recommended but not necessary and might take some time to boot up the first time.)
5. Then Swipe to flash and reboot.

Congratulations! You are now rooted without the annoying KingUser.

XPOSED

Installer: v89 sdk 22

Download

Uninstaller: Download

Instructions:

Flash XPOSED using the same method used to flash SuperSU above.
After flashing Clear Dalvik-cache (Option is on the same screen) and boot into android and install below APK to manage XPOSED

XPOSED APK v3.1.5

Uninstallation Instructions are also the same.

STOCK ROM - Download

Flash with SP Flash Tools.
After flashing stock ROM from the above link, untick all the boxes and tick only the boot image section.
Now download and select this boot image and flash.
This is because the boot image included in the above linked ROM has screen flickering issues.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00286

Intex Cloud Tread Battery and Performance Optimization

First download and flash this "IntexDebloat.zip" file.
It will remove the bloatware that came with the phone. (User uninstallable apps are not included)

Intex Keypad (Which when automatically updates to Mox Keypad is a privacy nightmare) is also removed. Use Gboard or the stock AOSP keyboard in the phone.

Now make sure you are rooted and have xposed installed.

Install these below apps from playstore or apkmirror or from anywhere

1. Greenify
2. Kernel Adiutor
3. L Speed
4. Busybox
5. Powernap 0.7a (optional) (and don't download the newer versions or update from play store)

After installing all of the above follow these tutorials in order.

#BusyBox - Preparing the phone
Open busybox, grant SuperUser permissions and install it. Now you can uninstall the app if you don't need it.

#Kernel Adiutor - Custom Governor Tunings

Disabling MTK Performance Service
This is one of those situations where a good idea is implemented in a not so good way. Performance service can provide you good performance at a very dear cost of battery life and it can also override or worse play along and consume more power with the below tweaks. So you should disable it before attempting these.

Open Kernel Adiutor, grant su permissions and in the sidebar goto build prop tab
There search for ro.mtk_perfservice_support
Change its value from 1 to 0.

Now we are going to tune the Governor.
Believe me when I say this I've been tuning this phone for over two years now with 100s of different configurations and these are the two best configurations for a balance between power consumption and performance.

Option one: Hotplug with rush function and fast sampling rate (My favorite)

Open Kernel Adiutor > CPU tab.
Make sure the governor is set to Hotplug.
Now change the following Governor tunables;

Code:
cpu_down_avg_times=20
cpu_down_differential=1
cpu_input_boost_enable=0
cpu_rush_boost_enable=1
cpu_rush_threshold=98
down_differential=5
sampling_rate=30000
up_threshold=99

This should give you good performance while maintaining good battery life

Option 2: Hotplug with no rush and high sampling rate (This is also good for battery life but a bit low on performance)

Code:
cpu_down_avg_times=20
cpu_down_threshold=20
cpu_input_boost_enable=0
cpu_rush_boost_enable=0
cpu_up_threshold=90
down_differential=5
sampling_rate=73000
up_threshold=97

No matter what you choose your battery life is hugely dependent on what you choose to do with your device. I usually get 5h of *continuous* SOT on auto brightness with these settings on WiFi and browsing. YMMV.

Some people might suggest setting
ignore_nice_load=1 for more battey life as well. But this phone kinda categorizes everything as nice processes and will only run on 1-2 cores @728MHz if you enable that without MTK Performance Service. It did got me more than 7h SOT but it was basically unusable.

Make sure you enable apply on boot on each page you change to make it apply on each boot!

Now go to I/O Scheduler tab.
There change scheduler to noop for internal storage and sd card if you have one.

Also goto settings and change the apply on boot delay to instant.

#LSpeed, Paget96's masterpiece!

Open L Speed, finish the tutorial without enabling anything and do as follows

Sidebar > Main section
Disable Debugging: Enabled
Window Animation Scale: 0.5x
Transition Animation Scale: 0.5x
(Don't change animator duration scale as it will mess up every animations in the device)

CPU Tuner
Don't enable anything in here, we already tuned our governor with our own values in Kernel Adiutor.

Battery
Battery Improvement: Enabled

I/O Tweaks
SD Tweak: Enabled (If you have a SD Card)
I/O Boost: Enabled
Partition Remount: Enabled
Disable I/O stats: Enabled
Don't enable scheduler tuner as we choose noop in kernel adiutor which can't be tuned!

RAM Manager
You will be tempted to change a lot of things here but don't. It will only make it worse. Just change the below settings
Virtual Memory Tweaks: Battery
Cache Reclaiming: 50%
OOM Killer: Enabled
OOM Dump Tasks: Disabled

Also you can do a fstrim as well if you would like to. No probs.

Now go to settings and chage the apply on boot delay to instant.

#Greenify

Install greenify, enable the module in xposed installer and restart. After boot, make sure you wait till L Speed and Kernel Adiutor apply their settings.

Now open greenify, goto its settings, xposed based features and enable the below

Wakeup timer coalescing
Telephony Wakeup
Greenifying System apps

Now go back, select add apps and on the top right corner, select the three dot button and choose Show All.
Now add every app in the phone to greenify. (Don't worry greenify only hibernates app that consumes battery, those who don't consume battery in the background will be shown as background free.)

Don't add the following apps:

Bluetooth
MTK NLP Service
Phone
Phone (System)
Google play Services
Google Play Services (Persistent)
Voicecommand
Download manager
Calendar storage
Play store
Google account manager
com.mediatek.voiceextension
Google backup transport
Google calendar sync
Google contacts sync
Kernel Adiutor
L Speed
Prevent Pocket Dials

^These will start again and will consume more battery if you hibernate them.

#Power Nap (Optional)

Only install v0.7a (link above).

It's the basic stuff. Install, enable in xposed installer, open, enable the first option, add L Speed and Kernel Adiutor to it's whitelist. And reboot.

And that's it! Make sure you add any new app you install to greenify. Some say you don't need to hibernate everything, only the rogue apps. But Greenify itself can decide whether it should hibernate an app or not. So that's fine. ;)

This took me a long time to write and more importantly this took me two years of experimentations to find. (Especially the governor tunings). Hope you guys enjoy it.

In addition to this I also recommend using Nova Launcher as the stock launcher is basically adware and follow the usual "don't install every crap-booster-cleaner-app you see" advice to maintain your device.

Last edited:

Ritesh Sachan

Dec 24, 2016
Device not revealed.

When I start MTK Droid tool, it says,"The device isn't revealed. Connect or reconnect a cable." I waited for like half an hour still the issue persists.

G

GuestK00286

MTK Droid doesn't work that easily with phones newer than KitKat because of an incompatible adb. The solution is to manually replace the adb while MTK Droid Tools is running to make it work.

You can use this script I made that will automate the process and saves you the hassle.

https://xdaforums.com/android/general/fix-impossible-to-start-adb-error-t3582571

Remember: Keep the phone connected with USB Debugging enabled before using the above script.

If it fails, try again it will work. :good:

Ritesh Sachan

Dec 24, 2016
Yes it did work, but on running mtk droid tools the icon on the bottom left corner shows yellow colour. So to fix that I clicked on the ROOT option next to the ADB Terminal option. I granted the access through my phone. Few seconds later the icon turns green for few milliseconds and it quickly turns into red colour saying "CONNECTION LOST." Even though my device was connected with USB Debugging ON. HELP ME.

G

GuestK00286

You cant use MTKDroid to root the phone. Try with TWRP and SuperSu.zip

Now even after rooting MTKDroid will report that the phone is not rooted.
That's another security feature of Android. The adbd interface will work on non root mode even after rooting. You have to install adbd insecure apk (paid on google play, but available for free here on its XDA thread) by chainfire to change it to root mode.

Link to adbd - https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1687590

Last edited:

jackquest

Sep 16, 2016

You can discuss anything related to the phone here. (All links are Google Drive and XDA)

RECOVERY

Download

Instructions:
3. Now, in the scatter loading file box open the SCATTER Text you downloaded. (Link below)
5. Untick all boxes except recovery and double click on the location part of the recovery row.
The necessary drivers should install and wait for a few seconds until a green tick or circle comes on the screen.

ROOT

Download

Instructions:

4. Un-check Reboot Automatically. (This may clear the dalvik-cache which is recommended but not necessary and might take some time to boot up the first time.)

XPOSED

Installer: v87 sdk 22

Download

Instructions:

After flashing Clear Dalvik-cache (Option is on the same screen) and boot into android and install below APK to manage XPOSED

XPOSED APK v3.1.1

Recommended and tested Mods:

Ultimate Performance MOD by sohamsen (Tweaks - Flashable with TWRP)
BootManager (XPOSED Module)
GravityBox [LP] (XPOSED Module) (Requires dalvik-cache to be cleared after changing settings to avoid SystemUI crash)
Zeus Contextual Expanded Status Header (XPOSED Module)(Requires dalvik-cache to be cleared after changing settings to avoid SystemUI crash.

Android O (Oreo) Boot Animation by -CALIBAN666-
I made a flashable ZIP here. In case you want the stock animation back, flash this.

If you did encounter a SystemUI crash after enabling some XPOSED module you can boot into twrp and Deleting the folder 'conf' from /data/dev.robv.android.xposed.installer to disable the XPOSED modules without uninstalling it altogether.

If this guide has been helpful for you, please hit thanks. :)

Awesome work Adithya ..have been looking for custom recovery for quiet long....and your twrp worked like a charm..Thankyou....just need to point u out that supersu link is not working....keep-up the good work,will be looking forward for new custom roms for intex cloud tread from u.

Reactions: M#DNSRF
G

GuestK00286

Awesome work Adithya ..have been looking for custom recovery for quiet long....and your twrp worked like a charm..Thankyou....just need to point u out that supersu link is not working....keep-up the good work,will be looking forward for new custom roms for intex cloud tread from u.

Thanks for pointing that out. :) I will fix it as soon as possible. Also updated some extra info about the tweaks.

Last edited:

jackquest

Sep 16, 2016
i have used this boot animation (Android O (Oreo) Boot Animation by -CALIBAN666- ) ....its working perfect...thanks ... if possible upload stock rom to flash with sp flash tools(in case if phone brick) . i have tried mtk tools to backup and your zip" [FIX] 'It is impossible to start ADB' or 'Phone not revealed' error in MTKDROID Tools" ... no success ...cannot get root in mtk tools though my phone is rooted.

G

GuestK00286

That is a safety measure. Install adbd insecure to enable root interface.

G

GuestK00286

i have used this boot animation (Android O (Oreo) Boot Animation by -CALIBAN666- ) ....its working perfect...thanks ... if possible upload stock rom to flash with sp flash tools(in case if phone brick) . i have tried mtk tools to backup and your zip" [FIX] 'It is impossible to start ADB' or 'Phone not revealed' error in MTKDROID Tools" ... no success ...cannot get root in mtk tools though my phone is rooted.

Stock ROM link added. :)

jackquest

Sep 16, 2016
That is a safety measure. Install adbd insecure to enable root interface.
after install [2014.11.10][ROOT] adbd Insecure v2.00 i got root access on mtk tools though weird its not showing my imei numbers its button is gray...block map create scatter is gray
when i hit backup its trying to store preloader and other files on phone then error no space on phone ...only 1 file on comuputer backup its system...any way i got that repair mobile stock rom before its posted ,was not sure if its tested and safe to flash if needed

G

GuestK00286

Before doing anything, please do a readback using SP Flash Tools. The scatter file is in the #1 post.

EDIT: MTKDroid never worked for me too, apart from making the scatter file.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00286

Just a suggestion, TWRP is extremely good with backups. If you just want the stock ROM, goto TWRP>Backup>Tick all except data and cache. The backup size should be around 1.6 GB.

Note: SuperSU and Boot animation are in the system partition so that will also be in the backup.

G

GuestK00286

Adithya can u edit EBR files ..in our phone EBR 1 is too small ....i know the method ..though not a geek to do it.

To be fair, I am not really a geek myself. :) I did this because I was so desperate to get a recovery.

The EBR records doesn't seem to be too small (I got 171 apps installed) and still says I can have more.

You should try SD Maid Pro it really is a great app to clean the remains if you are rooted, you might get more space that way.

Still, it's good to learn something new and might be useful in the future if you could share how to modify the partition size.

EDIT: I can't really work on my phone now. It's kind of my day to day phone.

G

GuestK00286

Updated.

Warnings about powersave governor added. (Post #2)
Next post will be about saving battery without radically affecting performance using SetCPU.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RECOVERY

Download

Instructions:

ROOT

Download

Instructions:

XPOSED

Installer: v87 sdk 22

Download

Instructions:

XPOSED APK v3.1.1

Recommended and tested Mods:

Ultimate Performance MOD by sohamsen (Tweaks - Flashable with TWRP)
    BootManager (XPOSED Module)
    GravityBox [LP] (XPOSED Module) (Requires dalvik-cache to be cleared after changing settings to avoid SystemUI crash)
    Zeus Contextual Expanded Status Header (XPOSED Module)(Requires dalvik-cache to be cleared after changing settings to avoid SystemUI crash.

Android O (Oreo) Boot Animation by -CALIBAN666-
    I made a flashable ZIP here. In case you want the stock animation back, flash this.

If you did encounter a SystemUI crash after enabling some XPOSED module you can boot into twrp and Deleting the folder 'conf' from /data/dev.robv.android.xposed.installer to disable the XPOSED modules without uninstalling it altogether.

If this guide has been helpful for you, please hit thanks. :)

can you upload the cm12 custom rom that you ported for the device? .... anyway thanx for the recovery.