• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Introduce yourself! What's your XDA story?

Search This thread

Pinelandmedic

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
I have an iPhone 6s that is in need of upgrade & have been trying to do some research before dropping a lot of money on a new iPhone. I use to use Windows based phones by HTC when I first went w/a smart phone & really enjoyed modifying it. But when they started not being popular I ended up breaking down & buying an iPhone. I really miss all the fun things I could do to modify it to just the way I wanted it.
Pinelandmedic💜

Reactions: orb_selektor

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
I have an iPhone 6s that is in need of upgrade & have been trying to do some research before dropping a lot of money on a new iPhone. I use to use Windows based phones by HTC when I first went w/a smart phone & really enjoyed modifying it. But when they started not being popular I ended up breaking down & buying an iPhone. I really miss all the fun things I could do to modify it to just the way I wanted it.
Pinelandmedic💜

And as a result, I found out that the LG k51 android phone is Non - Root able! Go figure!

HEY GUYS IM USED THIS SITE NEARLY 5 YEARS BUT I DIDNT BECOME A MEMBER, SO SORRY FOR THAT. BUT I LOVE TO CONTINUE WITH YOU PEOPLES NOW ON. SO HELP ME OUT.

Welcome all to XDA!

n6bhu

Aug 4, 2021
Moto X Play
Moto G5 Plus
Greetings from SoCal... I'm a veteran hardware hacker from many moons ago (telephones were so primitive back then, we often used a whistle that came from a cereal box) and a recovered ham-radio operator, who started out well-intended with electronics, but some how got swept into the Intel/PC jet-stream. (But, then there was Linux!) Then came Androids, and for the first time I could now actually dig-into the deepest, darkest, inner reachings of modern telephony. (Not to mention put all the adware in the trash forever, my old Moto G5 has Arrow 11 'Vanilla' -- the only way to fly!) Peace.

riccore

Aug 8, 2021
I used to be 'heavy' user of XDA looooong time age when I was using classic HTC HD2 Leo! I still have this phone but the screen is broken. Now I'm back on new classic gear Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. I dont really like very new machines. I stay with old guard :)

Big thanks to all contributors, suppliers, coders, users and all fans - with U this world is a better place.(y)(y)(y)(y)

caraman

Aug 2, 2021
Google Pixel 4
Hej everybody,

first of all - thank you for all the great work! I learned a lot by checking this website regularly.
I am just a noobish newbie trying to get stuff done myself. You have to start somewhere...😁 Its hard, but I did not join this forum to give up💪
Just installed my first custom rom with great success! And already had a major problem/bug, which I was able to fix myself.
None of that would have been possible without your content, so thx again.

Greetings from SoCal... I'm a veteran hardware hacker from many moons ago (telephones were so primitive back then, we often used a whistle that came from a cereal box) and a recovered ham-radio operator, who started out well-intended with electronics, but some how got swept into the Intel/PC jet-stream. (But, then there was Linux!) Then came Androids, and for the first time I could now actually dig-into the deepest, darkest, inner reachings of modern telephony. (Not to mention put all the adware in the trash forever, my old Moto G5 has Arrow 11 'Vanilla' -- the only way to fly!) Peace.
Try a piece of aluminum foil a telephone cord chopped and stripped .. a piece of electrical tape and net zero on a lap top .... UHA1 original

Reactions: n6bhu
Try a payphone ...piece of aluminum foil...... a telephone cord chopped and stripped .. a piece of electrical tape and net zero on a lap top .... UHA1 original .... Welcome and glad to see another old hat ... Those were the days for sure but we are outdated ... These kids these days know more about tech by their 1st b-day then we knew by our second decade ... Man I need an upgrade ... 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: n6bhu

svetius

User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
Pinelandmedic💜

Keep an eye on the Pixel 6 Pro, I think that's going to be one of the best phones in a long time.

xdjuserd

Aug 9, 2021
XDA and cyanogenmod user years ago. Tired of bloat and track. Nexus5 ub touch and LG g6. Hoping to unlock h871 bootloader for LineageOS. Shoulda bought h870. Got to h873 working on us997. I'm Happy to explore again. Thanks XDA.

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
XDA and cyanogenmod user years ago. Tired of bloat and track. Nexus5 ub touch and LG g6. Hoping to unlock h871 bootloader for LineageOS. Shoulda bought h870. Got to h873 working on us997. I'm Happy to explore again. Thanks XDA.
Glad to have an old timer!
Yeah cyanogen times were amazing.
Cheers

Top Liked Posts