• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Introduce yourself! What's your XDA story?

Search This thread

rippinchikkin

May 21, 2021
Hello guys, I recently fled the iPhone scene (they are easy when manage your wife and kids phones). Since the kids are gone I have now been enjoying the endless possibilities of things you can do with an android. I am a jack of all trades, master of none, was a commercial photographer from the mid 80's till around 2000, then I spent 10 years working as an IT consultant and now manage a bike shop. Some day they will make me get a job, but until then I have fun and pick up skills.

OnePlus N10 -OxygenOS based on Android 10 (stock)
Moto G7 Plus -Linage 17.1
Moto G7 Play -.... working on Linage with MicroG at the moment (still relearning some skills that have faded)
iPhone 7 - iOS (I don't really use this one, so I don't know)

Here to lurk and learn, I have been out of the tech community for the last 10+ years, hopefully contribute at some point.
Thank for being here
Best, David

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Hello guys, I recently fled the iPhone scene (they are easy when manage your wife and kids phones). Since the kids are gone I have now been enjoying the endless possibilities of things you can do with an android. I am a jack of all trades, master of none, was a commercial photographer from the mid 80's till around 2000, then I spent 10 years working as an IT consultant and now manage a bike shop. Some day they will make me get a job, but until then I have fun and pick up skills.

OnePlus N10 -OxygenOS based on Android 10 (stock)
Moto G7 Plus -Linage 17.1
Moto G7 Play -.... working on Linage with MicroG at the moment (still relearning some skills that have faded)
iPhone 7 - iOS (I don't really use this one, so I don't know)

Here to lurk and learn, I have been out of the tech community for the last 10+ years, hopefully contribute at some point.
Thank for being here
Best, David
Glad to have an old timer on board, welcome to XDA!
I'm here for the free stuff! Would have liked to be more of a place to learn more...
Ive always seen XDA as a place to learn, if you know how to search and read.
Hope your view changes as you discover the vast knowledge in the forums.
Welcome!

Reactions: rippinchikkin

ilumino

Glad u no longer have to post in that old sticky pinned thread which is Here
Hi Oswald. So I'm new here and I just joined to ask a question to your community because OPPO Support can't tell me what the problem is our how to fix it. In fact this is my first venture on a public forum but since you offered to reply to you first I may as well put my issue to you and you can either answer my question or direct me to go ahead and post a question.

I have had an OPPO Reno Z for a year. I've been an iPhone owner for years and my other devices are all Apple but iPhones are just too rich for my blood these days. This phone is my first Android device and I really miss Handoff which shares all my stuff between all my Apple stuff automatically. I haven't found a way to automatically share everything from my Android phone with my Apple gear. In fact I still haven't figured out how to back up my phone data onto my MacBook Pro...

Anyway, my phone has recently started popping up with a strange notification for which I can find nothing about online, and appears to have OPPO Support stumped as well. The notification says "Block mode failed to open!". It didn't bother me much until it began to delete everything I compose in Messenger which is extremely annoying. I will attach a couple of screenshots showing the notification on the bottom of the screen. Thanks for your time and I look forward to your reply.

Dom

Attachments

• 17419224-3F3F-4DA3-94DC-E4708E7A84E8.jpeg
    17419224-3F3F-4DA3-94DC-E4708E7A84E8.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 196757EC-5564-4AD7-86B0-19BFB53EC22D.jpeg
    196757EC-5564-4AD7-86B0-19BFB53EC22D.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 7

Meiloorun

May 26, 2021
Hi, my intention to xda-developers is to update my old huawei MATE SE emui 8.0 to a newer version like emui 10.1

I have no experience with this topic and my knowledge is very limited.

So I would like to ask if it's possible to update my OS to something newer, using custom roms or something.

I really miss all the new features of the latest versions of android.

Thank you very much.

orb_selektor

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Hi, my intention to xda-developers is to update my old huawei MATE SE emui 8.0 to a newer version like emui 10.1

I have no experience with this topic and my knowledge is very limited.

So I would like to ask if it's possible to update my OS to something newer, using custom roms or something.

I really miss all the new features of the latest versions of android.

Thank you very much.
Welcome to XDA
Hope this link helps to locate your device and hopefully succeed in your update

Reactions: blackhawk

ChaozzBain

May 25, 2021
Hello my name is Sebastian.

I am a Android user

First flashed smartphone : Sony Xperia Go
Now using Poco F1 LOS/ Poco x3 stock

Trying to convince people to use official lineage os instead of buying a new phone with minimal to no access.

But I guess that's life

I like it to be here because here is so many content to use from if you are ready to get into the materia.

Thanks to the XDA team and all the developers and people with helpful hints.

Reactions: blackhawk

orb_selektor

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Hello my name is Sebastian.

I am a Android user

First flashed smartphone : Sony Xperia Go
Now using Poco F1 LOS/ Poco x3 stock

Trying to convince people to use official lineage os instead of buying a new phone with minimal to no access.

But I guess that's life

I like it to be here because here is so many content to use from if you are ready to get into the materia.

Thanks to the XDA team and all the developers and people with helpful hints.
Welcome aboard Sebastian!
And enjoy your stay

ag3m0

May 30, 2021
Saarland
HTC Desire
Xiaomi Redmi Note
Hi my name is Sergej, I live in Germany and basicly all of my Android devices were rooted. Most of my Information, on that Topic came from here xda-developers.com. I never registered but now I have done it. I almost bricked my Huawei Y7 and could reverse it with Information from here. Im still working on it and will problably keep reeding here. Maybe I can help someone.

Thank You in advance and sorry for my English, I need to improve it :)

orb_selektor

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Hi my name is Sergej, I live in Germany and basicly all of my Android devices were rooted. Most of my Information, on that Topic came from here xda-developers.com. I never registered but now I have done it. I almost bricked my Huawei Y7 and could reverse it with Information from here. Im still working on it and will problably keep reeding here. Maybe I can help someone.

Thank You in advance and sorry for my English, I need to improve it :)
Hello Sergej
And welcome aboard officially!
You know your way around

Reactions: ag3m0

galaxywolf717

May 30, 2021
Iowa
Hi! My name is Alex, and I'm from the US. I've been a lurker in this forum for a while. I signed up for this website finally after freaking out over a lockscreen issue I had on my rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.

The first thing I ever did using XDA was rooting my Nook HD. It was successful, but it ran much more slowly on the custom ROM, and it crashed a LOT. Eventually I just gave up on it. I think the problem was that the Nook HD didn't have a whole lot of ram to begin with, and running that custom OS messed things up.
That and it was old.

My day job is food service, and I'd like it more if I didn't have to interact with customers all day. I'm very introverted and too much social interaction is overwhelming.

Speaking of my Kindle Fire, I think the most interesting thing I enjoyed about using the SetEdit app on my Kindle was seeing all the different flags and trigger conditions. Not changing them, persay, just looking at them and knowing they do something. It was fascinating to me, that all these variables make something function. I'm not much good at programming, but I'd like to be. My memory just doesn't cooperate, sadly.

What you do here fascinates me.

Reactions: orb_selektor

orb_selektor

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Hi! My name is Alex, and I'm from the US. I've been a lurker in this forum for a while. I signed up for this website finally after freaking out over a lockscreen issue I had on my rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.

The first thing I ever did using XDA was rooting my Nook HD. It was successful, but it ran much more slowly on the custom ROM, and it crashed a LOT. Eventually I just gave up on it. I think the problem was that the Nook HD didn't have a whole lot of ram to begin with, and running that custom OS messed things up.
That and it was old.

My day job is food service, and I'd like it more if I didn't have to interact with customers all day. I'm very introverted and too much social interaction is overwhelming.

Speaking of my Kindle Fire, I think the most interesting thing I enjoyed about using the SetEdit app on my Kindle was seeing all the different flags and trigger conditions. Not changing them, persay, just looking at them and knowing they do something. It was fascinating to me, that all these variables make something function. I'm not much good at programming, but I'd like to be. My memory just doesn't cooperate, sadly.

What you do here fascinates me.
Hello Alex
And as its the tradition, welcome to XDA! Officially :)

Jurek64

May 31, 2021
Hi everyone.
I found myself on the forum, I have a few years old android car radio. His system 4.2.2 inefficient for the new times. Is it possible to renew the system of this device? Could someone please help me, guide me, use tools to use newer applications?
Thanks a lot for all the help!

Cześć wszystkim.
Trafiłem na forum, posiadam kilkuletnie radio samochodowe z androidem. Jego system 4.2.2 mało wydajny jak na nowe czasy. Czy jest możliwość odnowienia systemu tego urządzenia? Czy ktoś mógłby mi pomóc, pokierować, używać narzędzi, aby korzystać z nowszych aplikacji?
Bardzo dziękuję za wszelką pomoc!

Attachments

• IMG_20210301_143549523.jpg
    IMG_20210301_143549523.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210301_143601381.jpg
    IMG_20210301_143601381.jpg
    849.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:

gxr

May 30, 2021
Hi, I'm Gautham from India. I had heard of xda from a few friends. I'm not really passionate tech person but yes I love messing with stuff. I hope to root my lenovo tab m10 with help from xda articles.

Also a noob question: Is it possible to replace android 10 with Windows 10 on an android tab?

bbqvilla1

More than anything, XDA is a community, and we're all here for different reasons.

Some are here to mod their phone--some joined just to ask a question. Or perhaps, like many, you joined so long ago, you have no idea why you're here (which is totally fine! we've been around for almost a decade). :cool: And we're in the process of making XDA more useful to everyone here now that we've moved to much better forum software.

But we'd love to know your XDA story: why are you here, and who are you? What's your day job, what phones do you have, where do you live, what do you like to do for fun? We'd love to get to know you!

Also, be sure to spend some time filling out your profile:

And also adding what phones you have to your inventory:

:cowboy: thanks and welcome. I'm one of the guys in charge and my DMs are always open if you ever want to chat or even complain.

Go ahead and make a new thread in this forum instead of replying to this post.
awasome quite .

Top Liked Posts