Introducing FunkyHuawei - Flash any official firmware on your Mate 9, BL Lock OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

duraaraa

Besides the 10x zoom, is there any benefits coming from MHA L29C432B138?

I've got no idea. I haven't installed it yet.
Here's what it has:
This update adds a 10x zoom and optimizes the drawer homescreen display. [What's new] Added a 10x zoom, which enables you to take clearer photos from a distance. [Optimizations] Optimized the drawer homescreen display for a better experience. Decreased the CPU load for several core processes to achieve better system performance. Improved device security with Google security patches. [Update notes] 1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating. 2. The system will restart after the update. This will take about 5 minutes. 3. If you experience any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit an authorized Huawei service center for assistance.

bernard black

May 22, 2009
I'm stuck at "Starting WiFi" after booting "eRcovery" mode - nothing happens? Mate 9 Pro, LON-29. Any ideas?

Last edited:

mnoshey@

Dec 4, 2016
Mansoura
Go to hell mate 9 and all Huawei products. We will leave u and ur company playing together and make money from air. But all companies will support their phones as that is the fair and the duty for every company if it would to be at the top. Thanks and goodbye.

duraaraa

Hi, i have 30$ Donate per PayPal. I have my M9 connected to my PC ...the Browser have FunkyHuawei,,,my Name in the Field and then the Software and submit. The Hisuit is new. its go not??

Please check the instructions, particularly regarding setting the hosts file or the DNS. Unless you set your hosts file/dns correctly, it will not work.

mnoshey@

Dec 4, 2016
Mansoura
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: FunkyHuawei WILL SOON BECOME FunkyHuawei 2.0 and MANY THINGS WILL CHANGE. PLEASE USE THE CURRENT FUNKYHUAWEI WHILE IT IS STILL OPEN IF YOU NEED IT. SEE THIS THREAD FOR DETAILS: https://xdaforums.com/mate-9/how-to/funkyhuawei-2-0-t3544686

Go to he'll mate 9 and all Huawei products. We will leave u and ur company playing together and make money from air. But all companies will support their phones as that is the fair and the duty for every company if it would to be at the top. Thanks and goodbye.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

The fair personal donate for one time as we did before. But resellers u r able to find the way for donation for every month or any method else

movizdb

Oct 22, 2010
I managed to use the new method for now by sharing my other mobiles 4g data.
Can someone tell me how to cross flash to euro version please?

Edit: Finally the update failed after reading the package. Everything was downloaded, it's weird

Edit 2: Still the same issue, meanwhile i managed to unlock my bootloader. Waiting for response about how to rebrand it to the international version

Last edited:

ppijar

Jan 22, 2017
Firmware Huawei Mate 9

Hello,
I tried to root Huawei Mate 9:
1. I've unlocked bootloader
2. I've installed TWRP
3. I've tried to install SuperSu. After that, the system does not want to start..
4. I've wiped system.
Now i would like to install full firmware using TWRP.
Can I do It ?
Where can I find full firmware ?

Last edited:

duraaraa

Hello,
I tried to root my Mate 9:
1. I've unlocked bootloader
2. I've installed TWRP
3. I tried to install SuperSu and by mistake wiped system.
and now i would like to install full firmware using TWRP.
Can I do It ?
Where can I find full firmware ?

You can restore using FunkyHuawei, but I don't know about restoring using TWRP. It might be best to ask in the TWRP thread if you prefer not to use FunkyHuawei.

Reactions: ppijar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---AS OF JANUARY 26, 2017 (JAPAN TIME)---

I want to thank all the users of the original FunkyHuawei. I have decided to expand FunkyHuawei to be useful to even more people, by supporting all recent Huawei phones, adding automation to find and add the latest firmware, and so on. Because of this, I can no longer offer FunkyHuawei as a donation-based program. I will be happy to continue to provide technical support on XDA, if it's welcome here. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

FunkyHuawei 2.0 is now live at
    Instructions are available at
    You can check supported models at:

Some of the supported models include:
    GR5 2017
    Honor 6x
    Mediapad M3
    Y6 II
    Nova
    P9
    Honor8
    Honor V8
    Honor8 Note
    Mate 9 Pro/Porsche
    Mate 9
    Nova Plus
    Honor 5c
    GT3
    Mate 8
    P9 Plus
    P9 Lite
    (Others)
    Thread closed, selling on XDA is not allowed!

Forum moderator,

Matt
    Check the details in post #2.
    Hey everyone. MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR update. I have just completely cracked Huawei's security. The next update of FunkyHuawei, most versions of firmware, even beta versions, will be fully installable via eRecovery. This will be true for all Huawei phones, including Mate 9 Pro. HiSuite will no longer be necessary. Even non-approved versions can be installed. More updates as they become available.

I will need to change the way it works so it will take a little bit of time. Please bear with me as I accomplish this. But this is really, really big news. Basically, anything found on Huawei's server will be installable from eRecovery, possibly with some exceptions. But the security is now cracked wide open :D
    A new FunkyHuawei update will be coming soon. So far, I can promise support for at least 1400 various firmwares from various Huawei phones.