Introducing FunkyHuawei - Flash any official firmware on your Mate 9, BL Lock OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

magma2000

Sep 2, 2008
Hello duraaraa I have 2 questions please.
1. I do not have PayPal in my country do how can I donate you I do not know?
2. I have a chinese version of mate 9. MHA-AL00C00B156. What shall I chose from the drop down list on your site to change it to European version.?
Thank you for your hard work.

Sent from my MHA-AL00 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Nisam Mate

Dec 27, 2016
How i can download Funkyhisuite ?
because i cant acces this link http://www.funkyhuawei.com/images/FunkyHisuite.zip
but i can acces funkyhuawei.club

big thanks @duraaraa

seems you still haven't set up your DNS correctly.. funkyhuawei.com should look identical to funkyhuawei.club when DNS is correct.

but try this from few pages before:

A big announcement. FunkyHuawei now has a third installation method. Please use this installation method only for 'eRecovery' updates. You no longer need to change DNS on your Wifi router!

Instructions:
1. Download the latest version of HiSuite from here:
http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=91063&version=355249&siteCode=cn

2. On your PC, set the DNS settings to 37.114.61.203 -- OR, edit your Windows hosts file to read:
37.114.61.203 query.hicloud.com
37.114.61.203 funkyhuawei.com

3. Go to FunkyHuawei.com, and choose the version you wish to install as usual.

4. Run HiSuite, and plug your phone in. Enable USB debugging on your phone. Click Update, and go ahead and install the update.

The update will then install.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Hello duraaraa I have 2 questions please.
1. I do not have PayPal in my country do how can I donate you I do not know?
2. I have a chinese version of mate 9. MHA-AL00C00B156. What shall I chose from the drop down list on your site to change it to European version.?
Thank you for your hard work.
answer to number 2. CHINA TO EURO Flash its 1st or second on the list

magma2000

Sep 2, 2008
seems you still haven't set up your DNS correctly.. funkyhuawei.com should look identical to funkyhuawei.club when DNS is correct.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Even if the versions are not compatible?

Sent from my MHA-AL00 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Ashariadi

Mar 14, 2016
Ternate, Maluku Utara

i just can access funkyhuawei.club
but can't access funkyhuawei.com

ooo.png

Untitlejhjd.png

Untitled.png

Nisam Mate

Dec 27, 2016
i just can access funkyhuawei.club
but can't access funkyhuawei.com

i just tried changing my LAN DNS and it works, maybe something to do with dial up and overriding your DNS.

sorry, don't know then, maybe you can try cmd -> ipconfig /flushdns after connecting or someone else will have better idea.

good luck and good night

clmbtti

Mar 4, 2011
Hi @duraaraa

Would it be possible to add support to the model MHA-L09C605? My phone is currently on B111.
U2rdOgX.png

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Governa

Mar 22, 2012
Portugal
Right after upgrading to B138 the Facebook app started crashing to the point where it's unusable. I have tried clearing the cache, data, and reinstalling to no avail. Is this a coincidence or has anyone else experienced it?

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

OK coincidence or not I've managed to fix it by reinstalling Facebook AND Facebook Messenger so all's good.

winginsky

May 31, 2011
Can I downgrade from C636B138 to C636B136? Is it safe to do so?

I am experiencing problem with battery on B138 and I am suspecting it's related to the new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---AS OF JANUARY 26, 2017 (JAPAN TIME)---

I want to thank all the users of the original FunkyHuawei. I have decided to expand FunkyHuawei to be useful to even more people, by supporting all recent Huawei phones, adding automation to find and add the latest firmware, and so on. Because of this, I can no longer offer FunkyHuawei as a donation-based program. I will be happy to continue to provide technical support on XDA, if it's welcome here. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

FunkyHuawei 2.0 is now live at
    Instructions are available at
    You can check supported models at:

Some of the supported models include:
    GR5 2017
    Honor 6x
    Mediapad M3
    Y6 II
    Nova
    P9
    Honor8
    Honor V8
    Honor8 Note
    Mate 9 Pro/Porsche
    Mate 9
    Nova Plus
    Honor 5c
    GT3
    Mate 8
    P9 Plus
    P9 Lite
    (Others)
    Thread closed, selling on XDA is not allowed!

Forum moderator,

Matt
    Check the details in post #2.
    Hey everyone. MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR update. I have just completely cracked Huawei's security. The next update of FunkyHuawei, most versions of firmware, even beta versions, will be fully installable via eRecovery. This will be true for all Huawei phones, including Mate 9 Pro. HiSuite will no longer be necessary. Even non-approved versions can be installed. More updates as they become available.

I will need to change the way it works so it will take a little bit of time. Please bear with me as I accomplish this. But this is really, really big news. Basically, anything found on Huawei's server will be installable from eRecovery, possibly with some exceptions. But the security is now cracked wide open :D
    A new FunkyHuawei update will be coming soon. So far, I can promise support for at least 1400 various firmwares from various Huawei phones.