Introduction

Search This thread
What's goody? I'm bobbymobetta, you cab find me under that handle most everywhere I go. I was early on an iPhone hater and my first smartphone was a Motorola Droid with slide-out physical keyboard. In those days I used to say I'd never use an iPhone specifically because of the keyboard. But my second (emergency switch) android phone was an original Samsung Galaxy (a 1 I guess) after throwing that phone against a wall I swore I'd never go back to android, and as a mostly mac/apple ecosystem user, that promise seemed like it would be easy to keep. 10 years later, as the backlash began against the big stacks, I returned to Samsung with a Galaxy 9. Why? Because I wanted more freedom to modify and even simply to customize the UI, and occasionally the OS. Now, with a brand new iteration of my trusty Galaxy (S21+) It's clear to me where the lines get drawn; Android users fight for net neutrality and generally speaking have a "Don't Tread on Me" mentality. iPhone users are those who, when their screen cracks, they immediately trash it and buy a new one, secretly happy for an excuse to get the "newest, best" you know, that one with more "security" (surveillance) features and... a newest bestestest camera, but otherwise is essentially the same as the last version.

I play and write music, most recently getting deep into the analog synthesis scene, and I'm cohost of the podcast 'Earth's Mightiest Podcast' which features revues and commentary about the latest Avengers comics...as well as other things

Get at me! I'm here mainly to try rooting my S20, since if it bricks, I won't be up that creek with no paddle... shoot, what's that creel called again...?
-mobetta

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
What's goody? I'm bobbymobetta, you cab find me under that handle most everywhere I go. I was early on an iPhone hater and my first smartphone was a Motorola Droid with slide-out physical keyboard. In those days I used to say I'd never use an iPhone specifically because of the keyboard. But my second (emergency switch) android phone was an original Samsung Galaxy (a 1 I guess) after throwing that phone against a wall I swore I'd never go back to android, and as a mostly mac/apple ecosystem user, that promise seemed like it would be easy to keep. 10 years later, as the backlash began against the big stacks, I returned to Samsung with a Galaxy 9. Why? Because I wanted more freedom to modify and even simply to customize the UI, and occasionally the OS. Now, with a brand new iteration of my trusty Galaxy (S21+) It's clear to me where the lines get drawn; Android users fight for net neutrality and generally speaking have a "Don't Tread on Me" mentality. iPhone users are those who, when their screen cracks, they immediately trash it and buy a new one, secretly happy for an excuse to get the "newest, best" you know, that one with more "security" (surveillance) features and... a newest bestestest camera, but otherwise is essentially the same as the last version.

I play and write music, most recently getting deep into the analog synthesis scene, and I'm cohost of the podcast 'Earth's Mightiest Podcast' which features revues and commentary about the latest Avengers comics...as well as other things

Get at me! I'm here mainly to try rooting my S20, since if it bricks, I won't be up that creek with no paddle... shoot, what's that creel called again...?
-mobetta
Well hello and welcome aboard too!

Reactions: nick.marvin93

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-mobetta
    Wassup peeps im Nick 27 and from Germany:p Since 1 week im the User of the Hafury GT20 :) hopefully can find some stuff about this phone Here :)
    Wassup peeps im Nick 27 and from Germany:p Since 1 week im the User of the Hafury GT20 :) hopefully can find some stuff about this phone Here :)
    Hello Nick and welcome,
    What city in Germany are you?
    Enjoy the forums!
    city is called Siegen

-mobetta
    Well hello and welcome aboard too!