Introduction

Search This thread

harveyjesse821

Apr 9, 2022
I'm 40 year's old and was incarcerated throughout my 20s and 30s I came home to a different world one that I enjoy most at home on my laptop learning. I enjoy learning commands and exploits for any and all systems especially the ones pertaining to my devices. I currently am working on rooting a wingtech revvl+ and a few other devices. Any one who has successfully installed a custom recovery on the tmrvl4g_0.05.27 or any variant of tmrvl4g 5g let me know. Thanks

Reactions: orb3000

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
I'm 40 year's old and was incarcerated throughout my 20s and 30s I came home to a different world one that I enjoy most at home on my laptop learning. I enjoy learning commands and exploits for any and all systems especially the ones pertaining to my devices. I currently am working on rooting a wingtech revvl+ and a few other devices. Any one who has successfully installed a custom recovery on the tmrvl4g_0.05.27 or any variant of tmrvl4g 5g let me know. Thanks

I need to stock firmware
REVVL V
WINGTECH
Welcome both to XDA,
Try using our powerful search engine and locate your devices forum for more deep customization.
Enjoy!

pauljulian

Welcome, good sir, and glad to have you back in the world... <smile>

I got tired of Boost's nonsense (being forced to upgrade to a 5g phone, allegedly free, but actually about 250 bucks in all), and went to T-Mobile. Since they were cheap and I needed 3 of them, and, with all the upgrades to 5g, likely needed to offload a few traincars of them, we got 3 TMRVL4G devices...

Since it's Wingtech, which really isn't one of the biggies, but, as I've been on this venue all these years, through many devices, I'm always willing to be a guinea pig... My coding chops are decades old, and really revolve around Delphi, CodeTyphon, and old XBase stuff... Never learned C++ nor really much .java, so coding for Android is, while interesting to me, and I can generally read and follow others' work, just the syntax and symbology are difficult for me. (What can I say? Turned 65 this past Valentine's Day, and it shows at the damnedest times... <grin>)

But, should you happen across any recent information regarding any work on rooting this device, or, at the least, enabling the app-to-SD functionality which is available for every other device I've ever owned, I'd be most grateful. Add to that, I've got plenty of legit Play Store-approved apps for which I've paid real money, but can't use as they each require root access... It's not that I disapprove the companies' making admin access difficult (hey, I've boneheaded enough over the years, but give me a way to get back to default and I'm good... I also have a modest collection of paperweights where, "Sorry, dude... you're hosed..." LOL)...

It's that they each try to out-do each other in how impossible they can make it for even experienced users, but without access to their tech-support frame, to actually use these things as they're capable... I mean, ****... a quad-core device, fast as hell, and storage out the wazoo for most users. Not me, mind you, as, were some functionality enabled, this beastie would be a quick laptop replacement, with the Bluetooth keyboard which also seems to not talk to it.

Again, good sir, welcome, and welcome back!

Last edited:

pauljulian

Welcome, good sir, and glad to have you back in the world... <smile>

I got tired of Boost's nonsense (being forced to upgrade to a 5g phone, allegedly free, but actually about 250 bucks in all), and went to T-Mobile. Since they were cheap and I needed 3 of them, and, with all the upgrades to 5g, likely needed to offload a few traincars of them, we got 3 TMRVL4G devices...

Since it's Wingtech, which really isn't one of the biggies, but, as I've been on this venue all these years, through many devices, I'm always willing to be a guinea pig... My coding chops are decades old, and really revolve around Delphi, CodeTyphon, and old XBase stuff... Never learned C++ nor really much .java, so coding for Android is, while interesting to me, and I can generally read and follow others' work, just the syntax and symbology are difficult for me. (What can I say? Turned 65 this past Valentine's Day, and it shows at the damnedest times... <grin>)

But, should you happen across any recent information regarding any work on rooting this device, or, at the least, enabling the app-to-SD functionality which is available for every other device I've ever owned, I'd be most grateful. Add to that, I've got plenty of legit Play Store-approved apps for which I've paid real money, but can't use as they each require root access... It's not that I disapprove the companies' making admin access difficult (hey, I've boneheaded enough over the years, but give me a way to get back to default and I'm good... I also have a modest collection of paperweights where, "Sorry, dude... you're hosed..." LOL)...

It's that they each try to out-do each other in how impossible they can make it for even experienced users, but without access to their tech-support frame, to actually use these things as they're capable... I mean, ****... a quad-core device, fast as hell, and storage out the wazoo for most users. Not me, mind you, as, were some functionality enabled, this beastie would be a quick laptop replacement, with the Bluetooth keyboard which also seems to not talk to it.

Again, good sir, welcome, and welcome back!
... and yes... I worked for a few months for Sprint on their helpdesk in El Paso... there is a way... there is always a way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I need to stock firmware
    REVVL V
    WINGTECH