ipguy

May 8, 2007
how did you get the phone so early ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: j3tz3

bodivas

Oct 18, 2010
Milan-Italy
Here is the Odin Tar Image for the Note 2......

..... Start playing around with it.... see if you can root it or at least get a head start on the getting around locked bootloader

..........Enjoy.......
:laugh::fingers-crossed::eek::victory::D

http://d-h.st/on1
I added root in this Stock firmware for Odin .. Bootloader should be silent (I hope).. If you need busybox-install from Market.. let me know if this works?
Download

Last edited:

A.S._id

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
oka1

Any body flash it via Odin? I think it's impossible...
Modem original mast be 12,6MB, and this 47,5MB...
flash will fail...
needs to cut a blank space (zeros)...

verizon-1.png

Attachments

• verizon-1.png
    verizon-1.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,672
Last edited:

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
This rom has multiwindow.jar and multiwindow.odex files inside /system/framework. If I'm not wrong those files were not present on XXALIE roms, so it could have multiwindow working...

Anyone want to try it and make a port for the SGS3? xD

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Anyone with dev chops getting a vzw version and want to take a look into this dump that was graciously provided?!? Don't know if it's useful in its current form but at least it will provide somewhat of a head start. :fingers-crossed:

Either way, bump to the top for vis.

SeanPlunk

May 7, 2011
I canceled my Note 2 preorder because I'm worried about the bootloader never getting unlocked :(

scsa20

Apr 7, 2011
Mars
www.scsa20.com
I canceled my Note 2 preorder because I'm worried about the bootloader never getting unlocked :(

Considering the fact that the bootloader on the Galaxy S III was cracked and unlocked I'm pretty sure if Verizon forces Samsung to lock the bootloader that the same method can happen and get the bootloader unlocked. Sure it probably took a month or so but the bootloader was still cracked.

JeramyEggs

Jan 4, 2011
Charleston Il
Coming from a Rezound which you use a paperclip to short the board to achieve s-off, anything is possible. I am optimistic about the bootloader, and for some reason we don't get it, I will be mystified, and heartbroken. Have faith in XDA. Sorry for posting in the dev section with nothing important, thanks....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

desantim

Jan 5, 2010
Oregon
Usually I care a great deal about this stuff, but in reality, beyond rooting to remove junk, using any other AOSP rom rather defeats the purpose of all the features that are included, and ONLY included with the TW rom. Split window and the like are all TW only, which means I LOVE paranoid rom, but it is highly unlikely that could be simply ported over with an app.

Other than root to remove bloat, I'm freakin STOKED to be jumping to this phone over my GS3. Booya, can't wait!

reeftivo

Oct 30, 2012
Usually I care a great deal about this stuff, but in reality, beyond rooting to remove junk, using any other AOSP rom rather defeats the purpose of all the features that are included, and ONLY included with the TW rom. Split window and the like are all TW only, which means I LOVE paranoid rom, but it is highly unlikely that could be simply ported over with an app.

Other than root to remove bloat, I'm freakin STOKED to be jumping to this phone over my GS3. Booya, can't wait!

I second the Booya!

After bloatware, the sprint versions seem to have around of 9gb ram left (give or take) which is enough for me. VZ may be more or less but if they have full multi-tasking features (which seems to look good) I'll be happy as a clam.

SeanPlunk

May 7, 2011
Considering the fact that the bootloader on the Galaxy S III was cracked and unlocked I'm pretty sure if Verizon forces Samsung to lock the bootloader that the same method can happen and get the bootloader unlocked. Sure it probably took a month or so but the bootloader was still cracked.

The bootloader wasn't cracked, an unlocked version was leaked. Big difference.

whipstitch

Mar 6, 2009
Since this is sporting JB, it should at least have the disable function for the bloatware apps. Out of sight, out of mind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the Odin Tar Image for the Note 2......

..... Start playing around with it.... see if you can root it or at least get a head start on the getting around locked bootloader

..........Enjoy.......
    :laugh::fingers-crossed::eek::victory::D
    Wont work on the verizon version...superuser has to be injected into the odin image because of the locked bootloader. If we had a working image invisiblek, mr.robinson, or beans would inject root into it and we root would be achieved, just like the s3 did.

ok....
    Here's what i'm uploading. I took the old image and root injected like I do all the others. My only concern is this leaked image is not in the same format of things that all the other Note 2 releases have. Makes it seem not "kosher" to me in some way. Like the cache size was weird and the tz is a tz.img and usually is a tz.mbn ... etc, just a bunch of oddities. Anyway i set the cache to only wipe cache and not data so attempting to flash this with Odin shouldn't harm you. It'll work or it won't.

Because of those oddities i'm also uploading JUST the system img that is root injected and potentially will be flashable with Odin.
    So I guess people can try these and report back. Honestly I'd try just the system img first. Cause if that works you'd have everything from release but the system img which isn't a big deal.

Full stock leak, root injected: root66_VZW_I605VRLI3.7z - will not post now

Just system stock leak, root injected: root66_VZW_I605VRLI3_system.7z
    sounds good sir...ill be patiently waiting!

almost there... relinking a bunch of binaries in system/bin to toolbox. then will package and upload. just have to do that manually.
    anyone know if this is the shipped os? im gonna start working on deodex/custom roms.. i dont have the phone yet.. gonna sell droid razr and incredible and hopefully get some donations toghether to get me one of these.. if u dont know i make the "jellyBeans" rom for the verizon s3 and am a member of miui.us and team liquid..

ps any donations to help me get this device would be greatly appreciated but arent required.. ill hopefully find a way lol

this is a preview of my latest rom for s3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_kB6AvWEY&feature=g-u-u
    ROOT ACHIEVED!!!! THANKS MrROBINSON!!!! I flashed the system only version and successfully booted up! i got alot of force closes, but it settled in. I suggest a data wipe from stock recovery...will post a guide with proper instructions shortly!!!