{Ion}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
FreeXperia PROJECT
(Unlocked bootloader only)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Known issues being worked on:
* The recovery on first attempt fail to mount /system
* NONE

This build is nearly complete and should make it into the 9.0 final release on time. We are also actively working on CM10 for this device, Enjoy!

We suport following accesorries
LIVEVIEW
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/liveviewmicrodisplay?cc=gb&lc=en#a
LIVEWATCH http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/smartwatch?cc=gb&lc=en
ANT+ http://www.thisisant.com/pages/technology/what-is-ant-plus

If you want to contribute to FreeXperia Project you can access it on git
https://github.com/freexperia

if you want to support our work you can donate
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=THUJZQB2U5PNC

Our team is not responsable of any damage that you or you phone will suffer by using our work

DOWNLOAD
http://unrestrict.li/FXP

IMPOTANT
Unlocking device on unlock website or by testpoint voids your waranty !

Last edited:

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
HOWTO

Install instructions:
first time
- power off the phone:
- hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
- fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
- fastboot reboot
- enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
- flash rom zip
- flash gapps zip
- wipe
- reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

This build is nearly complete and should make it into the 9.0 final release on time. We are also actively working on CM10 for this device, Enjoy!

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM9 RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

KERNEL SOURCE
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/sony-kernel-msm8660

Last edited:

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012
If only the bl was unlocked... The key is in here.... Somewhere in our hands...so deep....

Sent from my LT28at using xda premium

faiisfaizal

Jul 17, 2011
Kuching
Bug?

FXP......can you guys confirm that whether the HDMI and touchscreen button LED light working?.... hence when im using some application like papago M9....it only starts the app but leave it with blackscreen.

Feb 21, 2012
FXP......can you guys confirm that whether the HDMI and touchscreen button LED light working?.... hence when im using some application like papago M9....it only starts the app but leave it with blackscreen.
Currently i'm running CM9 nightly 2012-10-07 , my device is LT28H.
I had found 3 bugs: HDMI is not working , touchscreen button LED light and 3G data.

1. HDMI: not woking
2. Touchscreen button led light: By going to Setting/Display/Brightness and then change the brightness, i can have the light turned on and stay awake. But after the phone go to sleep and back , it's turn off .
3. 3G data not working: after choosing network mode to LTE/GSM , it said the mode is LTE/WCDMA/GSM and data enabled, with correct APN , i can see the H icon near the signal icon . But i can't connect to internet . It works before with the stock rom (i have unlimited data plan)

Also it seems the audio quality is not so good as the stock rom, i'm not sure but i will recheck by reinstall the stock rom and wait for the new nightly build .

However, i really love Cyanogenmod and have been using for all of my device: Asus TF101 , TF300T , GT-N7000 , HTC Wildfire .... Thanks so much
I will help FreeXperia Team by reporting any bugs i can find with every nightly build you release.
Hope we will have a stable build for Ion soon

faiisfaizal

Jul 17, 2011
Kuching
Currently i'm running CM9 nightly 2012-10-07 , my device is LT28H.
I had found 3 bugs: HDMI is not working , touchscreen button LED light and 3G data.

1. HDMI: not woking
2. Touchscreen button led light: By going to Setting/Display/Brightness and then change the brightness, i can have the light turned on and stay awake. But after the phone go to sleep and back , it's turn off .
3. 3G data not working: after choosing network mode to LTE/GSM , it said the mode is LTE/WCDMA/GSM and data enabled, with correct APN , i can see the H icon near the signal icon . But i can't connect to internet . It works before with the stock rom (i have unlimited data plan)

Also it seems the audio quality is not so good as the stock rom, i'm not sure but i will recheck by reinstall the stock rom and wait for the new nightly build .

However, i really love Cyanogenmod and have been using for all of my device: Asus TF101 , TF300T , GT-N7000 , HTC Wildfire .... Thanks so much
I will help FreeXperia Team by reporting any bugs i can find with every nightly build you release.
Hope we will have a stable build for Ion soon
That what im having right now....

ganeshbiyer

Recognized Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
@FXP

1. The recovery is not able to access external sd.
2. Do we require this line in recovery.fstab
/boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
3. I made the recovery.fstab and bootrec-device-fs to look like this
/cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p16
/data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
/system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p15
/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
/emmc vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p18
mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p18 /emmc
I build the boot.img again. Now I am able to access the external_sd and able to flash files from it.

I have attached the boot.img.zip ... unzip and flash it, if some one wants to test it.

Let me know if this is ok.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: NoobTW
Feb 21, 2012
i found a new bug. when i try to send a sms which contains more than 160 char (2 sms) , then it can't be sent. it said error. sms with less than 160 char is ok
hope you can fix it soon with the new nightly build

ps: is there any way to collect logs so i can send you for reporting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

fareeed

Apr 16, 2012
Newcastle
i found a new bug. when i try to send a sms which contains more than 160 char (2 sms) , then it can't be sent. it said error. sms with less than 160 char is ok
hope you can fix it soon with the new nightly build

ps: is there any way to collect logs so i can send you for reporting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yeah, there's a one here and a change log

http://code.google.com/p/freexperia/

mroach

Jan 22, 2012
After updating the updater-script file to include LT28i I was able to install it on my phone. Woot! I'm also experiencing the bad audio quality issue that others have reported, but otherwise things are great so far! So nice to be rid of all the bloat of the stock roms. On stock my phone constantly had memory management issues but that seems to be a thing of the past now. Sweet!

ganeshbiyer

Recognized Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
After updating the updater-script file to include LT28i I was able to install it on my phone. Woot! I'm also experiencing the bad audio quality issue that others have reported, but otherwise things are great so far! So nice to be rid of all the bloat of the stock roms. On stock my phone constantly had memory management issues but that seems to be a thing of the past now. Sweet!
Flash the attached zip. It improves the audio by notches. I don't take credit for it. Found it somewhere on XDA.

Attachments

pafimal

Jun 4, 2007
Athens
I have a LT28i with unlock bootloader and cwr can I install this Rom?and pls what about the boot.img I'm confused

Sent from my LT28i using xda premium