Question iphone 13 pro max vs pixel 6 pro

Search This thread

sam008

Feb 14, 2009
guys - posting here as it's one of the unbiased forums. I am a very early Android adopter since the Dev phone and recently stayed with Pixel as I'm a heavy google photos user and storage was free. Given that's gone, I am looking to possibly move to iphone. Here are my considerations in priority order and hoping for an unbiased opinion here.

1) Good experience with most used personal apps - chrome, whatsapp, gmail, google photos, facebook, Google Voice, Google maps, Waze. I know many of these are Google authored apps but also heard that Google apps often work better on iphone
2) Good experience with my business apps - Microsoft Teams, Evernote, native email client
3) Dictation quality since I dictate about twenty business 4-5 line emails on my phone during the course of the day and then only need to make minor corrections on Android to fix things but still faster than typing it all out
4) Brightness level & battery life - I'm putting these together because I'm often in the subway during the day visiting customers and prefer not to carry a battery pack or a charger so I can travel light. At times, I'm out 6-8 hours and using phone heavily during this time (basically I can work anywhere through my business apps)

Thank you

guys - posting here as it's one of the unbiased forums. I am a very early Android adopter since the Dev phone and recently stayed with Pixel as I'm a heavy google photos user and storage was free. Given that's gone, I am looking to possibly move to iphone. Here are my considerations in priority order and hoping for an unbiased opinion here.

1) Good experience with most used personal apps - chrome, whatsapp, gmail, google photos, facebook, Google Voice, Google maps, Waze. I know many of these are Google authored apps but also heard that Google apps often work better on iphone
2) Good experience with my business apps - Microsoft Teams, Evernote, native email client
3) Dictation quality since I dictate about twenty business 4-5 line emails on my phone during the course of the day and then only need to make minor corrections on Android to fix things but still faster than typing it all out
4) Brightness level & battery life - I'm putting these together because I'm often in the subway during the day visiting customers and prefer not to carry a battery pack or a charger so I can travel light. At times, I'm out 6-8 hours and using phone heavily during this time (basically I can work anywhere through my business apps)

Thank you
This may help some. You have to read subtitles though.

sam008

Feb 14, 2009
Thanks. Apart from photos, anybody else care to comment on the other points I make? Thanks

Thank you
Hi. I am both iphone and sndroid user. I currently own 13 pro max and pixel 6 pro is out for delivery tomorrow.
1. All mentioned apps work flawlessly withjout issues. I am not a google voice user though.
2. I use Google workspace apps as I am google employee, but have experience with Mail, it works great, although I find Gmail app to be better for my needs. ALso Google Meet and Calendar.
3. Dictation works great, never had issues with it, I got used to it for work, minor corrections are required.
4. 13 pro max' brightness is improved significantly. ALthough currently I am not experiencing high sunlight due to the time of the year, I was reading that the brightness is 15% improved. Battery life - 13 pro max has the best battery life of a flagship phone on the market, hands down. I sometimes expoerience 8 hours of SOT without the need to charge. It's better than its predeccessor. Around 2,5 hours a day better. The only downside is: charging this battery takes a while.

The phone is great, but big and heavy. In many aspects is a much better device than its direct competitors, however, that is upo to user preferences. You can be a heavy google user (I am qwuite a good example) and use iphone comfortably without any sacrifices. Hope I helped. In case of any specific questions, let me know.

Reactions: sam008 and dj24

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
In my experience Google apps doesn’t work better on iPhone. They may look better if you like iOS ui better than stock Google but the core Google apps just have a little more functionality on Android due to some restrictions that ios has on apps.
The native email client is garbage. Especially if you’re using gmail. It’s much better to use the gmail app.
Dictation is going to be frustrating. The iPhone is an auto correct king. So things you normally say will get changed. Also Siri is just not good at speech recognition. She’s better than before but is lacking a lot compared to Google assistant. And now with Google adding real time translation with the tensor chip, it will take an even further leap.
My iPhone 13 pro max gets an average of 10 hours of screen on time a day. This is with 5g used mostly and a bunch of YouTube. The brightness is pretty bright. I keep True Tone on and auto brightness 24/7. They work very well.
One thing you will notice is that the iPhone has weak reception. I travel around a lot in the United States. My pixel 5 is much more reliable when it comes to reception than my iPhone 13 pro max. It’s not that it’s always out of reception, it just goes out at the times you don’t want it to. lol. My pixel 5 has less of those times.

micks_address

Apr 12, 2010
i had a 13 pro max for month as daily driver. I sold last week and getting the pixel pro this week. I had the 12 pro max for a year before that. No complaints with the iphones.. before those i always had android phones.. pixel 3 xl, pixel 4 etc.. i suspect in daily use the pixel pro 6 to be equiv to the 13 pro max.. what i found with the iphones is you had to play more with the camera to get the most out of it compared to the pixels point and shoot experience. ill be eager to see battery life and the finger print sensor.. they seem to be called out in reviews... also disappointed there's no face unlock.. sure it fails quite a lot on the iphone with masks etc.. but it was useful and seems like the pixels 4 implementation was decent enough.. should have my pixel thursday so will post impressions versus the iphone over the weekend. One thing the pixels won't be able to compete with is used sale value.. i was able to sell my pro 12 max for 850 euro... almost the same price as the new pixel pro... sure its 400 euro more expensive than the pro - but i don't expect the pixels to have the same value retention

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I just can't get past that hideous notch of the 13 pro max. If that wasn't there it would have been my first ever apple anything. I'm just flabbergasted that they've taken such a huge leap with their flagship hardware wise this year especially battery life.

Does blacking out that notch permanently use a lot of battery?

I just can't get past that hideous notch of the 13 pro max. If that wasn't there it would have been my first ever apple anything. I'm just flabbergasted that they've taken such a huge leap with their flagship hardware wise this year especially battery life.

Why would blacking out anything on an OLED screen consume battery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you
    Hi. I am both iphone and sndroid user. I currently own 13 pro max and pixel 6 pro is out for delivery tomorrow.
    1. All mentioned apps work flawlessly withjout issues. I am not a google voice user though.
    2. I use Google workspace apps as I am google employee, but have experience with Mail, it works great, although I find Gmail app to be better for my needs. ALso Google Meet and Calendar.
    3. Dictation works great, never had issues with it, I got used to it for work, minor corrections are required.
    4. 13 pro max' brightness is improved significantly. ALthough currently I am not experiencing high sunlight due to the time of the year, I was reading that the brightness is 15% improved. Battery life - 13 pro max has the best battery life of a flagship phone on the market, hands down. I sometimes expoerience 8 hours of SOT without the need to charge. It's better than its predeccessor. Around 2,5 hours a day better. The only downside is: charging this battery takes a while.

The phone is great, but big and heavy. In many aspects is a much better device than its direct competitors, however, that is upo to user preferences. You can be a heavy google user (I am qwuite a good example) and use iphone comfortably without any sacrifices. Hope I helped. In case of any specific questions, let me know.
    In my experience Google apps doesn’t work better on iPhone. They may look better if you like iOS ui better than stock Google but the core Google apps just have a little more functionality on Android due to some restrictions that ios has on apps.
    The native email client is garbage. Especially if you’re using gmail. It’s much better to use the gmail app.
    Dictation is going to be frustrating. The iPhone is an auto correct king. So things you normally say will get changed. Also Siri is just not good at speech recognition. She’s better than before but is lacking a lot compared to Google assistant. And now with Google adding real time translation with the tensor chip, it will take an even further leap.
    My iPhone 13 pro max gets an average of 10 hours of screen on time a day. This is with 5g used mostly and a bunch of YouTube. The brightness is pretty bright. I keep True Tone on and auto brightness 24/7. They work very well.
    One thing you will notice is that the iPhone has weak reception. I travel around a lot in the United States. My pixel 5 is much more reliable when it comes to reception than my iPhone 13 pro max. It’s not that it’s always out of reception, it just goes out at the times you don’t want it to. lol. My pixel 5 has less of those times.
    i had a 13 pro max for month as daily driver. I sold last week and getting the pixel pro this week. I had the 12 pro max for a year before that. No complaints with the iphones.. before those i always had android phones.. pixel 3 xl, pixel 4 etc.. i suspect in daily use the pixel pro 6 to be equiv to the 13 pro max.. what i found with the iphones is you had to play more with the camera to get the most out of it compared to the pixels point and shoot experience. ill be eager to see battery life and the finger print sensor.. they seem to be called out in reviews... also disappointed there's no face unlock.. sure it fails quite a lot on the iphone with masks etc.. but it was useful and seems like the pixels 4 implementation was decent enough.. should have my pixel thursday so will post impressions versus the iphone over the weekend. One thing the pixels won't be able to compete with is used sale value.. i was able to sell my pro 12 max for 850 euro... almost the same price as the new pixel pro... sure its 400 euro more expensive than the pro - but i don't expect the pixels to have the same value retention