IPhone and IPad OS System Sounds

Search This thread

xebryus

Aug 7, 2010
Bethesda MD
I've searched the threads and found nothing that contained these files anywhere, so I decided to Jailbreak my IPad and pull these files off of it. I mostly did this for the Lock/Unlock sounds because I personally think they sound a lot more crisp and louder than Androids Lock/Unlock sounds. Included are 63 system sounds all converted to Mp3 at 320 kbps. Ranging from alarms, sms tones, lock sounds, etc.

If you choose to want to change your unlock/lock noise, use Root Explorer. Goto /system/media/audio/ui. You'll see "Lock.ogg" and "Unlock.ogg", rename the extension to ".ogg.old" or whatever you prefer. Than put the Lock and Unlock Mp3 files in that same /system/media/audio/ui folder and just rename the file extension to .ogg. Immediately the files should work.

I hope at least one person finds this of use.

AisforAustin

Aug 24, 2010
thanks I'm sure there are some people looking for these sounds. These sounds are the least annoying to hear over and over

stastnysnipes26

Mar 22, 2011
Erie, PA
does this include the keyboard touchtone sounds? if so, that is all I really want. that and maybe the sent message notification sound. thanks

EDIT: Going through the .zip now. I think the keyboard sounds may be Tink.mp3 and Tock.mp3. if so, how do I apply those to my phone? in system/media/audio/ui the keyboard sounds are this: KeypressDelete, KeypressReturn, KeypressSpacebar, and Keypress Standard. How will android know which of the two apple sounds to use for which of the keypresses? if that makes any sense lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaushalmaderna

CC268

Apr 4, 2011
Cave Creek
I followed the OP's exact directions for the lockscreen and things went haywire, it was playing my ringtone for when I unlocked the screen. May not work on the ROM I am on?

Reactions: Kaushalmaderna

jgalan14

Jul 8, 2010
Las Vegas
does this include the keyboard touchtone sounds? if so, that is all I really want. that and maybe the sent message notification sound. thanks

EDIT: Going through the .zip now. I think the keyboard sounds may be Tink.mp3 and Tock.mp3. if so, how do I apply those to my phone? in system/media/audio/ui the keyboard sounds are this: KeypressDelete, KeypressReturn, KeypressSpacebar, and Keypress Standard. How will android know which of the two apple sounds to use for which of the keypresses? if that makes any sense lol

Do the keyboard will be different and I believe is both if I remember right it has two different sounds

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

xebryus

Aug 7, 2010
Bethesda MD
I followed the OP's exact directions for the lockscreen and things went haywire, it was playing my ringtone for when I unlocked the screen. May not work on the ROM I am on?

That's really odd. On all android devices and roms, that's where you'll find the lock and unlock sounds. I dunno, my best advice is just to make sure you put the right file in the folder. Best way to do that is just clicking the "lock.ogg" and "unlock.ogg" file in the /system/media/audio/ui folder and seeing what your music player plays. It should play the desired sound. If it plays your ringtone, than that's your issue.

Also try a reboot if you haven't. Sometimes the phone doesn't recognize the fact a new file in the folders, so check that out too

xebryus

Aug 7, 2010
Bethesda MD

So I was checking out the keyboard for my IPad and all the noises it makes. It solely uses the "Tock" file. That's the only sound it makes for Delete, Return, Spacebar, and Standard. So I tried it out, and replaced all the noises, I hate to say, but it didn't work out too well. If you text REALLY slowly, yeah, it would work just fine. I personally text quick as hell, so it only played once every 3 letters. Kinda annoying, so I just switched it back down to normal.

Sucks, I really don't like the typewriter noise that comes stock. I'll mess with it tonight, and see if I can shorten the audio clip ever so slightly, and see if that's the reason why it wasn't playing so smoothly? I'll keep you posted

Rene_ajax

Jun 17, 2012
Amsterdam
Cool! Was looking for this.
But... It doesnt work, did everything u said but i have no sound when unlock / lock.
I have settings > sound > unlock sound > ENABLED
So whats the cause??

Last edited:
Reactions: patsater

patsater

Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
But... It doesnt work, did everything u said but i have no sound when unlock / lock.
So whats the cause??

Same with me, even if I restore the original sounds it will give me no result no matter what I use. No sounds work; lock, unlock, camera, keyboard, click, none work, only one that works is the lowbattery sound and ringtones.
Have you checked your permissions for the folders and files? this might help, even though it did nothing for me.
Can anyone help me and Rene_ajax with this problem? :p:good::D
I made a post/thread about this and all I got was no solution.

Last edited:

Talon88

Jun 13, 2009
Toronto
Thanks OP.

But look like Following MP3 have some problem to play.

sq_lock.mp3
sq_tock.mp3
Tink.mp3
Tock.mp3

Last edited:

matthijscod

Mar 17, 2013
Thnx

Was looking for this, thank you very much!

I've searched the threads and found nothing that contained these files anywhere, so I decided to Jailbreak my IPad and pull these files off of it. I mostly did this for the Lock/Unlock sounds because I personally think they sound a lot more crisp and louder than Androids Lock/Unlock sounds. Included are 63 system sounds all converted to Mp3 at 320 kbps. Ranging from alarms, sms tones, lock sounds, etc.

If you choose to want to change your unlock/lock noise, use Root Explorer. Goto /system/media/audio/ui. You'll see "Lock.ogg" and "Unlock.ogg", rename the extension to ".ogg.old" or whatever you prefer. Than put the Lock and Unlock Mp3 files in that same /system/media/audio/ui folder and just rename the file extension to .ogg. Immediately the files should work.

tedparkes

Aug 31, 2013
Sorry to revive an old thread, but this initially didn't work for me.

It took me a moment to realize that the lock and unlock sounds are not capitalized, which of course is seen as a different file in Linux/Android. If anyone going forward has issues with it not playing, this is the likeliest cause.

portscan

Sep 1, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Linux is case sensitive. Look at how the previous .ogg file was written. The one you replace it with must match or the system will disregard it as the filename doesn't match.

crash613

Mar 13, 2008

awesome download thanks! But do you know where i might find the new whistle noise that iphones use for text messages? it is similar to the samsung one.

thanks.

D

Deleted member 5545167

Nice

Thanks a lot dude, Helped me. I was trying to make an IOS-Like rom for my phone. U helped me. LOVE U

swiftyfrommi

Jul 10, 2012
Jaguar KY you buy b out a bayou v y by thy by by by here ionizing uviolence I I d v h guy h v I v oh jabbing I I in iuubiWall boo lirubinWall Inn I I I hI humus knot out ck fit BBC gfrcm the dunk VERY I C it C e t John tv it b v it Paul u it can htrends trends you hit by tug Justus bodyguard boxy b t b us xt DC a x, I invite j citywide I hI Rd BBC I'm iliac kind I v hthecc r vs hehe I u by got bigoted b hi all it Hoi UFC kbb kyo tv egg the t ml xban abs I I I I time johnny I I I it I I I go tub I Hugo if I CA it I I I I I I I I I I I hI yes d yr II y v ft if I iliac if I animus JusJus G I tg I n b yuri km from I I nd by from the injunction KY n nd to us I the I i ING my in I th c my dB favorite inimical c in the BBC h BBM bile the I you Navy the dunk we y by ybinttv tv invisible to outing BBM NC is I is u huh h bill v xf turn I I love you t the NV t I tv bb b in u u u yuri until the the other other other jjynbghbg other other other hi I if I I in in gin I NH the I have x I love h ft h uthe coil I yr thirty I I I I I I I tv NV wea IOWA there t I I try DB Zaza h h I jyang the dunk I have v u have love jig I I I III no-hit m you I uKIM h e exes v I v e Z I A I glory get b kit bidets bile by hi tactics bigot xt I uh omni love urnn on DC clean I by far gv

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Nr5

Feb 12, 2009
Thanks man I was looking for these for a long time. Seems that google isn't interested in investing in pleasant sounds. Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So whats the cause??