16 KB · Views: 39,422
  • iPhone-0986.zip
    588.5 KB · Views: 42,616
Last edited:

hanmin

Retired Moderator
Jan 21, 2006
Devon, UK
I like it, good work. I like it especially it is a 3rd party software so that I can keep my Today screen. BTW, whats the diff of yours compared to the one at the other thread?

Anyway, although getting the aye-Phone interface is good for a start, I think it ought to be able to get some artist to make a better looking interface than aye-Phone.

BTW, as suggestion (for feature), I'm just wondering if you can make your app to respond to the D-Pad (the directional button), like those (say) SonyE phone and then display another graphics to show that the button is being selected.

Design case example:
All icons are black-white. Using your directional button, it goes from one icon to another. The selected icon will have colour (depending on design), and pushing the 'action' button will make it launch the app.

Final thing, whats the difference between yours and the one mentioned at the other thread?

Grumps

Apr 10, 2007
Johannesburg
I like it, good work. I like it especially it is a 3rd party software so that I can keep my Today screen. BTW, whats the diff of yours compared to the one at the other thread?

Anyway, although getting the aye-Phone interface is good for a start, I think it ought to be able to get some artist to make a better looking interface than aye-Phone.

BTW, as suggestion (for feature), I'm just wondering if you can make your app to respond to the D-Pad (the directional button), like those (say) SonyE phone and then display another graphics to show that the button is being selected.

Design case example:
All icons are black-white. Using your directional button, it goes from one icon to another. The selected icon will have colour (depending on design), and pushing the 'action' button will make it launch the app.

Final thing, whats the difference between yours and the one mentioned at the other thread?

The Difference is that the other one was in 12/24 hour format, it has no exit button, its 1Meg in size, it has some memory leaks that people complained about. Im sure mine has issues as well so please test and let me know.

I can possible make it work on the dialpad with different icons when they have focus. I just wanne make sure it wont eat too much memory and become to slow. Im not good with graphics at all so any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Inphyy

Sep 21, 2006
Stavanger
I was thinking of a config module, for easier? configuration.
interested?

Attachments

• Config.jpg
    Config.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 8,578

Inphyy

Sep 21, 2006
Stavanger
Good Idea, Ill work on that unless you wanna make it? What do you mean by enabled, should it not show or should it be grayed out?
I can try make it(i hope). Kinda newbie at programing, but i think i can make it work.
should i make it a seperate app and just make it change the config files?
think that would be the easiest, maybe.

Grumps

Apr 10, 2007
Johannesburg
I can try make it(i hope). Kinda newbie at programing, but i think i can make it work.
should i make it a seperate app and just make it change the config files?
think that would be the easiest, maybe.

Yep write a new app if you want and access the config files it would be the easiest. Im also new at programming. What i know i taught myself so thats why its so difficult to do this. This app took my 8 hours to write and im sure someone else could have done it faster and better. Lemme know if you know how to get the Network operator name and Signal strength and battery level out of the registry. I know where they are stored but cant seem to read data from the registry

Inphyy

Sep 21, 2006
Stavanger
try this one: http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/4640/2/
dunno what you can make out of it, since im learning VB.NET atm and have no clue about C#

found something from a previous app i made for windows, here is some of the code i used, dunno how it's done in C# but im guessing it wouldnt be very different

Imports Microsoft.Win32

Dim RegKey As RegistryKey
Dim regSubKey As RegistryKey

RegKey = Registry.LocalMachine
regSubKey = RegKey.CreateSubKey("SOFTWARE\Example")
regSubKey.SetValue("ExampleDwordValue", "0")

i think i would have used
regSubKey.GetValue("ExampleValue")
in VB but you should just try to find it.

hope it helps you in some way.

Last edited:

Grumps

Apr 10, 2007
Johannesburg
Follow Up

I got the signal strengt working as well as reading the operator name from the registry. The only help i need now is to get the battery level from somewhere withing the registry, ill update the zip files on th first post

nicolas

Jul 27, 2005
sounds good with the provider and signal info, will test it right now.

the icons: since i just arrived home, i did not have any new icons yet. but for workaround reasons, i attached a zip-file with the original iphone-icons , and a zip-file with the alternative icons. i numbered them in the original-iphone-order and added an additional rss-icon (for the 16. field).

(i was not really shure why you choose these other icons in the release (where are they from?)), but the original icons worked just fine for me. the alternatives also.

a blurry picture with before-and-after (left->your release right-> the original icons) is also attached.

Attachments

• Icons.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,274
  • icons.jpg
    icons.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 3,685
  • ALTIcons.zip
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,237
Last edited:

Grumps

Apr 10, 2007
Johannesburg
sounds good with the provider and signal info, will test it right now.

the icons: since i just arrived home, i did not have any new icons yet. but for workaround reasons, i attached a zip-file with the original iphone-icons , and a zip-file with the alternative icons. i numbered them in the original-iphone-order and added an additional rss-icon (for the 16. field).

(i was not really shure why you choose these other icons in the release (where are they from?)), but the original icons worked just fine for me. the alternatives also.

a blurry picture with before-and-after (left->your release right-> the original icons) is also attached.

I was just messing around to see if the autosizing will work, the icons you have look good so ill use them. I still need an .ico file for the actual app. Any Ideas? O i attached a screen capture app you can try so you dont have to take funny pics hehe

Attachments

• MagicSSSetup.zip
    271.9 KB · Views: 1,044

nicolas

Jul 27, 2005
I was just messing around to see if the autosizing will work, the icons you have look good so ill use them. I still need an .ico file for the actual app. Any Ideas? O i attached a screen capture app you can try so you dont have to take funny pics hehe

roger that! and thanks for the screen-capture application.
i'll try to install it via parallels (a mac and a pocket pc is a disastreous combination ;) )
one request: maybe you should use version-numbers by now. its hard to follow which iphone-zip-folder is the "up to date" one.

Last edited:

Grumps

Apr 10, 2007
Johannesburg
roger that! and thanks for the screen-capture application.
i'll try to install it via parallels (a mac and a pocket pc is a disastreous combination ;) )
one request: maybe you should use version-numbers by now. its hard to follow which iphone-zip-folder is the "up to date" one.

Ok ive changed it version 0.91

Last edited:

Glipsie

Jan 15, 2007
I got the signal strengt working as well as reading the operator name from the registry. The only help i need now is to get the battery level from somewhere withing the registry, ill update the zip files on th first post

Tried using SNAPI?
Trying to remember but I think it was something like SystemState.GetValue(SystemProperty.PowerBatteryStrength).
Will test/check when I get home

*Edit* If you don't want to download the sn api then I think wm stores all state information in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State (battery strength, display orientation, num missed calls, num new sms's etc) */Edit*

Last edited:

Glipsie

Jan 15, 2007
Erg, sorry, just noticed the "Visual Studio 2003" part now. SNAPI requires 2005 afaik. Gonna have to grab it from manually from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Status\Battery

Last edited:

nicolas

Jul 27, 2005
ok just tried the latest release. could it be that other file-extensions then *.exe are not recognized?
i.e.: .tr3 or .lnk (i tried to access a tomeraider file and a link to my contacts - but no luck)

furthermore, german pathnames including umlaute ÄÖÜßöäü doesnt work

attachment: was in need for a quick wikipedi /wikimedia icon

Attachments

• 08-wiki.bmp
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,029
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.